adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

That's why I love tech fleece. Minimal branding.

If I could figure out out to erase the logo they would be clutch

I think the adidas hates stems from this sites hatred for Kanye

I wonder if this conversation would be going on if J Cole or Kendrick were given the same opportunity Ye had :nerd:

kendrick has shoes with reebok....they are hideous :lol:

I mean this is "NIKEtalk" you should expect most people on here to back Nike over adidas. I agree though, "variety is the spice of life". I dabble all over. Nike still has me in performance footwear. Work out in Nike Free Trainers, Run in flyknit racer, lift in romeloes, soccer in magista obra or superfly Vs. Casual though im still in UBs, Vans, NMDs, roshes, asics.

I really appreciate the convo in this thread though...informative. Being a soccer player my whole life adidas has always been in the picture. Adidas track pants or as we called them...warm up pants (or swishy pants) were always in for me, so were samba's but i never owned a pair but i had a lot of friends who did. But their other footwear never appealed to me. I did own a pair of predators and the first adizero's though.

the problem is a lot of cats who were clowning Adidas for years now will ONLY wear Adidas and slander other brands

I mean look at this thread title, that is all you need to see

Reactions: OTG
How can you tell who those people are based off internet interactions though?

SMH, like I said before my guy. I been buying Adidas, never stopped. I was buying **** that was on SUPER clearance because it wasn't popular and wasn't cool to sneakerheads.

Adidas has been WAY bigger overseas during the 2000s and wasn't doing well in the US. I worked at a shoe store for a few years, used to see trash in our store and other stores just sit and sit and get sent right back to vendor. Only shoes selling were the Stan Smiths, Lava's and shelltoes. Anyone remember the Adidas running shoes they tried to push? Massive flops.

Like my man @Magic1978 was saying, Adidas wasn't cool to the "sneakerheads" I had a few of my boys laugh at me for wearing Adidas a few years ago. Now what are they doing? Trying to cop mad Adidas ****.

I got Adidas, Fila, Nike and Reebok in my closet right now. I don't give a **** about what's trendy or popular right now. I'm wearing what I like.
Anyone that would clown you for wearing adidas isn't really a "sneakerhead" (god I hate that term) IMO.  That's really all there is to it.  I'm not saying everyone has to love adidas.  But if you're truly knowledgable about sneakers and the culture, you have to respect the history of the brand.  It's a staple of this sneaker **** that we do here on NT.  

Cats like you described are just trend humpers.  

Whats wrong with the term "sneakerhead"

Theres not another name that sounds better

Last edited:
The thing is, adidas aren't even that heavy in the streets tbh. I've seen like 2 pair of nmd's in the wild besides my own. UB only at the gym or randomly in the airport and yeezys and Pharrells are unicorns. It's still a nike world by a large margin, I'm not talking bout sports but sneakers you see around town everyday.

I guess it went mainstream and everyone wanted to be one. People that didn't know **** about shoes or just got into it recently because it's more popular than ever kind of killed the sneakerhead term for me

Last edited:
i guarantee if u look at op recent posts about sneakers they are in adidas threads.

Whats wrong with the term "sneakerhead"

Theres not another name that sounds better
It has come to describe a sect of the sneaker culture that I'm not really a part of.  I don't do sneaker conventions.  I don't do the IG sneaker celebrity thing.  I don't take glamour shots of my sneakers, although I appreciate those who do.  

I mean I guess technically I'm a head that loves sneakers, so yeah, the term fits.
laugh.gif
  I just don't want to be associated with the circus being a "sneakerhead" has become b/c I don't really participate in it.  Like a lot of older cats in this thread, I just like shoes.  

Just threw out all my Nike shorts this past weekend. We off that. Swoosh didn't look right being worn with ultraboost. Kept the JB shorts for hooping. Only pair of Nikes I have left are my bball shoes.

Naw now nike shorts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Basically **** on other brands shorts

IN MY OPINION

Just threw out all my Nike shorts this past weekend. We off that. Swoosh didn't look right being worn with ultraboost. Kept the JB shorts for hooping. Only pair of Nikes I have left are my bball shoes.

Forget charity or goodwill, huh

Nice story you'll tell over and over to impress people, huh :stoneface:

I guess it went mainstream and everyone wanted to be one. People that didn't know **** about shoes or just got into it recently because it's more popular than ever kind of killed the sneakerhead term for me

For someone who claims they wear what they like and dont like trends blah blah, you sure do have a strong opinion about what others wear.

If you really didnt care you woudnt be posting 50 times in this topic.

Theres nothing wrong with hopping ln a trend and theres nothing wrong with "wear what I like".

Whats dumb is people going out of their way to be "against the hype".

SMH, like I said before my guy. I been buying Adidas, never stopped. I was buying **** that was on SUPER clearance because it wasn't popular and wasn't cool to sneakerheads.

Adidas has been WAY bigger overseas during the 2000s and wasn't doing well in the US. I worked at a shoe store for a few years, used to see trash in our store and other stores just sit and sit and get sent right back to vendor. Only shoes selling were the Stan Smiths, Lava's and shelltoes. Anyone remember the Adidas running shoes they tried to push? Massive flops.

Like my man Magic33 Magic33 was saying, Adidas wasn't cool to the "sneakerheads" I had a few of my boys laugh at me for wearing Adidas a few years ago. Now what are they doing? Trying to cop mad Adidas ****.

there is more competition/parity between adi & nike with marketshare in europe, though it would not be surprising if nike was actually moving more units there as well, despite adidas being held by europeans as the top brand. that being said the states is where the action is, and it wasn't so much that adi wasn't in with the sneakerhead set, though that may have been more or less true at different times, rather they weren't focused or invested in the consumer and they were trying to move too many models and were slower to update styles...which why they are now doing so many different iterations of their successful styles now, add that to the increased profile that kanye has given them and more focused, increased investment and they are starting to see some gains, thinks might even be looking better for them if they weren't dragging reebok (though there is potential for reebok to find it's niche...)

besides the ultra boosts and maybe the alphabounce, all the other models making waves for them are adidas originals, which is a distinction that doesn't matter to consumers but i think the distribution models & strategy for inline/performance adidas & adidas originals is different

I think the adidas hates stems from this sites hatred for Kanye

I wonder if this conversation would be going on if J Cole or Kendrick were given the same opportunity Ye had :nerd:

kendrick has shoes with reebok....they are hideous :lol:

it would be different to the extent that those dudes attracted the 'hypebeast' crowd...but seeing as neither dude is really looked at for their 'fashion' i probably would be such a vitriolic backlash

kdot doesn't really have his own shoe, rather they rotate him in & out of various classic models with his own specific colorway...most have been decent but they don't really get too much shine because people don't check for either reeboks or kendrick like that; though reebok's classics division has been growing since his endorsement...

It's honestly a lot of denial on both sides of the argument. Because of this, this debate will just go in circles forever.

i admit that my eyes were opened a few years ago when I did a stint at footaction.
Didn't realize so many people were still buying adidas shell toes and track suites.
Wasn't aware that adidas was on the map like that still.
I know converse are still pretty popular and that new balance get rocked heavily in bmore tho.

Last edited:

For someone who claims they wear what they like and dont like trends blah blah, you sure do have a strong opinion about what others wear.

If you really didnt care you woudnt be posting 50 times in this topic.

Theres nothing wrong with hopping ln a trend and theres nothing wrong with "wear what I like".

Whats dumb is people going out of their way to be "against the hype".

Dog what? I ain't even in this thread like that. I don't care if you hop on trends or waves, do you but when there's people arguing about how great adidas are that were most likely allergic to anything adidas related five years ago is type wack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom