adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

Nike still #1. But Adidas is gaining market share in the US. We'll see what happens.

adidas is only gaining what Under Armour losing though.

Adidas used to dominate internationally, now Nike tied them... congrats on them being number 2 Domestic wise...it only took Reebok to become a zombie & UA to perform in craptactular fashion to achieve it :lol:

So why didn't Nike pick up that market share Reebok and Under Armour lost? Because Adidas beat them to it. Right?

because Nike is at terminal saturation domestically.

their game has ALWAYS been to beat Adidas internationally.

overpaying overseas soccer players a decade ago paying off dividends.

That's what they mentioned in their earnings call yesterday. Their DTC business is one of their main focus areas moving forward, and really has been for a couple years now.

Fact is, Adidas has quite a ways to catch-up when it comes to actual sales dollars. That's tough to do when you have to balance flooding the market to generate sales and yet still stay cool. Even UA's CEO has mentioned they're going through similar problems.

I like the direct of marketing that Nike been doing for the past 2 years rather buy from them then a crappy little mom-and-pop shop who's only out to take advantage of the customer and I don't have to leave the house

I rather Nike streamline all there accounts and sell their products themselfs

Last edited:
Ultra Boosts and NMD's are now starting to sit with the market being flooded, gotta wonder how the IG'ers feel about that considering they won't feel exclusive anymore if those shoes are readily available at your local FInishline and Footlocker

it's just like Jordan 1 OG's and Flyknit Racers, once the market caught up with the demand, the hypebeast crowd moved on to the next thing

I agree with your post.

Didn't you cop the last iteration of the Royals and then sell them because you were too upset "hypebeasts" were wearing them? Are you going for the new pair? I def wanna cop this new pair. I admit I'm a hypebeast but last pair of Jordans I bought were 1994 breds. I sold for same reason you did. Everyone had bred 1s. I just don't care anymore. I'm getting bitter old man syndrome like you have and think the youth are crazy but I'm not gonna condemn them. I used to be like them and have better things to worry about then what kids are doing. You work at a college though right? Prolly see parades of hypebeast everyday. It'd make me sick too :lol: Jordan 1 always going to be a staple.

But to your original point you're def right. Things seem to follow that cycle. Something rare gets hyped and everyone wants it to be exclusive, supply increases to meet consumer demand, exclusivity and hype aspect gets lost, consumers move to find something else to differentiate themself. Because what once made them unique, now makes them look like everyone else.

I haven't stepped foot in a mall sneaker store in a long *** time. What UB are sitting? I need to reup on core black 3.0 :nerd:

Last edited:
I agree with your post.

Didn't you cop the last iteration of the Royals and then sell them because you were too upset "hypebeasts" were wearing them? Are you going for the new pair? I def wanna cop this new pair. I admit I'm a hypebeast but last pair of Jordans I bought were 1994 breds. I sold for same reason you did. Everyone had bred 1s. I just don't care anymore. Jordan 1 always going to be a staple.

But to your original point you're def right. Things seem to follow that cycle. Something rare gets hyped and everyone wants it to be exclusive, supply increases to meet consumer demand, exclusivity and hype aspect gets lost, consumers move to find something else to differentiate themself. Because what once made them unique, now makes them look like everyone else.

I struck out on the Royal 1's, paid resale and they ended up being fake so once I got my money back, I didn't care to go through the headaches again

Bred 1's were much easier to obtain this year, hopefully the same goes next time an Atmos Air Max 1 is released

UA just agreed to sell shoes at Kohls and DSW so their image is about to go down a bit. I know Nike and Adidas sells their stuff there too but those guys are big enough names to endure it and they know they make better quality items. With UA, it looks like a demotion. Doesn't help that their attempt at the athleisure market crashed and burned.

nike low tier game underrated.

Bred 1's were much easier to obtain this year, hopefully the same goes next time an Atmos Air Max 1 is released
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
 restock?

I need the next yeezys to drop already, so prices can drop on the atmos.

Ultra Boosts and NMD's are now starting to sit with the market being flooded, gotta wonder how the IG'ers feel about that considering they won't feel exclusive anymore if those shoes are readily available at your local FInishline and Footlocker

it's just like Jordan 1 OG's and Flyknit Racers, once the market caught up with the demand, the hypebeast crowd moved on to the next thing

https://www.kicksonfire.com/adidas-ultra-boost-mi-adidas/

The UB is coming to miAdidas.

UA just agreed to sell shoes at Kohls and DSW so their image is about to go down a bit. I know Nike and Adidas sells their stuff there too but those guys are big enough names to endure it and they know they make better quality items. With UA, it looks like a demotion. Doesn't help that their attempt at the athleisure market crashed and burned.

nike low tier game underrated.

word to the air monarch...

a lot of things are working against ua, but getting into dsw, kohls, and other similar channels probably won't be one of them...the loss of the sports authority probably hurt them more than either adidas and nike, so picking up more spots should be a good thing for them...

damn Superstars still sell like that? would have thought UBs or NMD would take it's spot

but Nike can't be mad, Adidas has #1 but Nike has #2-#10 :lol:

Last edited:
Not surprised, almost every chick I know out here in LA has bought a pair of Superstars in the last year or so

damn Superstars still sell like that? would have thought UBs or NMD would take it's spot

but Nike can't be mad, Adidas has #1 but Nike has #2-#10 :lol:

I remember when I could get a pair of Superstars for $60. I can't see myself paying $80 now out of principle, but a lot of people do it. I see some of everyone wearing them.

I'm not shocked to see Chucks and them on the list. I'm sort of shocked Vans didn't make it.

because Nike is at terminal saturation domestically.

their game has ALWAYS been to beat Adidas internationally.

overpaying overseas soccer players a decade ago paying off dividends.
those yoga bonito commercials were sick tho. had me watching the world cup and ****

Welp

Its a wrap

Today, Kendall Jenner announced that she’s the newest Adidas Originals ambassador. To mark the occasion, the supermodel posted a playful Boomerang of herself to Instagram driving a golf cart past an Adidas sign that reads “Welcome to the Family” the while clad in an Adidas tracksuit and a pair of classic Gazelles. The collaboration feels fitting for this member of the Kardashian-Jenner crew; brother-in-law Kanye West famously teamed up with Adidas for his Yeezy line, and sister Kylie stars in Puma’s Fall 2017 campaign

View media item 2450994

View media item 2450998Don't tell me the company that made these are competing with Nike.

And then fools have the nerve to charge 120 for it.

Saw them yesterday in the gym and they are absolutely the worst shoe I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Don't tell me the company that made these are competing with Nike.

Saw them yesterday in the gym and they are absolutely the worst shoe I've ever seen.
I don't have them, but those are supposed to be one of the best shoes for actually playing basketball in.  Great traction, great cushioning (boost), etc. 

I guess at this point, Adidas has never been about their athletes. Seeing how all the shoes that do good are their runners, it makes sense to get celebs on board since they are probably a bigger influence in selling their shoes.

View media item 2450998

Don't tell me the company that made these are competing with Nike.

I don't have them, but those are supposed to be one of the best shoes for actually playing basketball in.  Great traction, great cushioning (boost), etc. 
They not worth it. :lol:

I don't give a **** how they feel...

Welp

Its a wrap

Today, Kendall Jenner announced that she’s the newest Adidas Originals ambassador. To mark the occasion, the supermodel posted a playful Boomerang of herself to Instagram driving a golf cart past an Adidas sign that reads “Welcome to the Family” the while clad in an Adidas tracksuit and a pair of classic Gazelles. The collaboration feels fitting for this member of the Kardashian-Jenner crew; brother-in-law Kanye West famously teamed up with Adidas for his Yeezy line, and sister Kylie stars in Puma’s Fall 2017 campaign

View media item 2450994

selling more leggings & boost shoes.. whoopee.. :lol:

ill take athletic bonafides over celeb consigns...

i understand why Nike Dubbed Kanye... performance integrity of da product.

Last edited:
meh Nike championing Drake. different logos. same consumers

Back
Top Bottom