adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

Wut?

Flyknit and Techfleece have been flagship materials that were released in the last 5 years. Lebron's line wasn't as good in the last few years as it only really caters to bigger players, but KD, Kyrie and Kobe cover comfort and performance on court. You want to talk hype and lack of innovation, Adidas has absolutely nothing EXCEPT the Boost line. Those sales are because of Boost/Yeezys and nothing else really (D. Rose, Lillard and EQT/Retros contribute very little in the bigger picture)

All Adidas is doing is taking something that works and is popular for youngins, Boost, and throwing Primknit at it in different patterns, caged or no cage, rinse and repeat. They're milking the various "similar but different' designs and can only go so far. And Primeknit is basically a knock-off Flynit to compete against it in the running category.

The Kobe A.D and Kyrie 3 are the most uncomfortable basketball shoes I have ever played in. The KD X looks exactly like the IX.... so maybe I shouldn't say Nike isn't innovative but I couldn't find a nicer way of saying they aren't even trying anymore when it comes to Bball shoes.

2016's best selling sneakers

1. adidas Superstar
2. Air Jordan 12
3. Converse Chuck Taylor Low
4. Nike Roshe Run
5. Nike Air Huarache
6. Nike Revolution
7. Nike Free RN
8. Air Jordan 11
9. Nike Air Force 1 Low
10. Nike Kyrie 2

https://qz.com/948439/the-top-10-best-selling-sneakers-in-2016-adidas-beats-nike/

What's crazy is the headline for the article is "The top 10 sneaker list for 2016 was dominated by retro Adidas" which is wildly misleading.

And without paying attention I'm sure people would easily walk away believing that.

Same way they're swayed by percentage increases.

Last edited:
adidas got some old school classics but why the **** did they slap name labels on the side of all their damn og classics like what the ****?

pretty ******* stupid man looks dumb

can you imagine if nike slapped the words cortez, dunk, or air force 1 on the side above the swoosh of their shoes?

Last edited:
these are dope. dont know how they are going to perform. but these look nice....better than Lebrons or Kyries IMO.

View media item 2453190

View media item 2453306
View media item 2453309
How original

lol. you acting like those shoes been out for years.

i wont lie, i am impressed with the SC4s. much much better than his last shoe.

ima fan of these curry's as well.

glad UA decided to put the logo on the back. looks much better.

adidas got some old school classics but why the **** did they slap name labels on the side of all their damn og classics like what the ****?

can you imagine if nike slapped the words cortez, dunk, or air force 1 on the side above the swoosh of their shoes?
TF is you talking about? Adidas has always had names on the side of their classic models. :lol:

i mean just one example ive been buying superstars since the 80's and not since a few years ago did they start putting that superstar name on the side

They don't do that on all the versions of the superstar, only the one with the puffy tongue.

Last edited:
I meant for Flyknit itself. Adidas is using their Primeknit (which caused controversy with patent infringement) to make similar designs on their shoes. You can't look at that Adidas ball shoe and tell me that's not a blatant rip off of the Hyperdunk or Mercurial design.

No one should care who did what first, but under this specific topic of discussion where some are saying Nike is lacking innovative and breakthrough design and technology in the sneaker market, it's simply false. Adidas is milking the Boost for every penny it could potentially be worth with no where to really go beyond that other than to copy similar designs that other companies have done using their own proprietary tech that is borderline infringing on Nike's materials.

My man, everything you said is on point. Everything Adidas is doing now is making what Nike did "better".

Theres no coincidence that Flyknit and later on Primeknit came out around the same time.

Multi color, retros with Primeknit, same type of releases, bringing back MiAdidas, celebrity endorsements are just replicas of what Nike has been doing. Even taking their designers across town from Beaverton to Portland.

That sneaker thats being quoted looks like they took the look of Flywire on the upper and laces straight from Nike with almost an Air Max 360 back heel :lol:

People are in the moment so its funny when I hear Nike hasnt innovated in years.

Last edited:
Those Curry's look like KDs. UA buggin with that one. Unoriginal as hell. Curry's whole line is trash though. UA is in survival mode, their shoes are ****** hideous.

Are there more pics of the Yeezys?

Vapormax > boost

As far as what? If it's comfort, nah. VMs aren't bad by any means once they break in, but they're not touching UBs in that regard.

Truthfully, they shouldn't even be compared since they're two entirely different types of shoes/cushioning. But everyone seems to want to take it there. :lol:

But yeah, Vapormax is NOT a response to Boost.

Definetely not.

Its just nike air without the rubber sole and flyknit

Big whoop.

Ultraboost is a totally new tech designed by nasa using materials they use in outer space.

I dont see the similarities at all

Last edited:
:lol:

I was waiting for the full on troll comment to come out, baiting them in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom