Adidas D ROSE 5

no D Rose X Yohji Yamamoto.....hence the Y-3, he does the high end adidas colabs, and from everything i've read these are high quality, i've just been waiting for the sales, was hoping for around $150 but it looks like $200 might be the cheapest.
Oh sure, I definitely forgot. Failed! I haven't heard of that name in some long time now. Lol thanks for the reminder

Last edited:

no D Rose X Yohji Yamamoto.....hence the Y-3, he does the high end adidas colabs, and from everything i've read these are high quality, i've just been waiting for the sales, was hoping for around $150 but it looks like $200 might be the cheapest.
Oh sure, I definitely forgot. Failed! I haven't heard of that name in some long time now. Lol thanks for the reminder
grabbed off the bay for $170 hopefully he ships them, looking forward to these

Just copped the aways and the bhm with the 20% off that ends today on FTL.com

Last edited:
played in the bhm today with an insole swap. Used my blue superfeet and these are my current fav. Idk if its the insole or the shoes. Gonna try the same insole with the jc2 and other pairs to compare. The hyperrev and rose 5 definately feels great with em.

played in the bhm today with an insole swap. Used my blue superfeet and these are my current fav. Idk if its the insole or the shoes. Gonna try the same insole with the jc2 and other pairs to compare. The hyperrev and rose 5 definately feels great with em.
Love these 5s and court feel is solid, but I may try a beefier insole particular with more forefoot padding.  Gotta check my pairs to see what I can swap in.  Maybe the brandblack J.C II insole would be nice?

Love these 5s and court feel is solid, but I may try a beefier insole particular with more forefoot padding.  Gotta check my pairs to see what I can swap in.  Maybe the brandblack J.C II insole would be nice?
the og insole is really thin. I think just about any insole would be thicker.

I like my rigid superfeet for support but its only support, not cushion. The shoe itself has enough of that for me. 

Last edited:
Iks - the older rose models have good insoles to switch to. PU but thicker. I switched to a rose 2 insole. The BB would be good too. I almost did a micro g but I wanted to keep the tech separate.

Playing in these taught me what lockdown and containment feels like. Last shoe that felt like that for me was the kobe 8 but the cushion on these waay better but still low to the ground. Now i realize how mediocre containment is in the xx9. JC2 is not perfect in the forefoot but i still enjoy wearing them

excited for the 6 but hard to see how they can improve

Last edited:
Iks - the older rose models have good insoles to switch to. PU but thicker. I switched to a rose 2 insole. The BB would be good too. I almost did a micro g but I wanted to keep the tech separate.
Over the past 8 mos or so I've been tracking down some older models from Adi, Nike, JB.  Have a pair of the 2.5s that I have yet to play in because I've been busy and just have stuck to other pairs like the Currys, Brandblack, Kobes.  Going to lace the 2.5s up soon though and that insole might be a nice addition to the 5s

Playing in these taught me what lockdown and containment feels like. Last shoe that felt like that for me was the kobe 8 but the cushion on these waay better but still low to the ground. Now i realize how mediocre containment is in the xx9 and jc2. On ebay they go

excited for the 6 but hard to see how they can improve
I will agree with you that containment is near-flawless on the 5s.  And it's refreshing to hear someone that thinks highly of the Kobe 8 from a containment perspective, I think that shoe locks in the foot/ankle extremely well.  I think the J. C II has great containment with the back-half of the shoe, but once they break in, the forefoot knit doesn't hold you over the footbed as well as some may like.  That's why I'm curious about the new material they used on the J. C III

Last edited:

I will agree with you that containment is near-flawless on the 5s.  And it's refreshing to hear someone that thinks highly of the Kobe 8 from a containment perspective, I think that shoe locks in the foot/ankle extremely well.  I think the J. C II has great containment with the back-half of the shoe, but once they break in, the forefoot knit doesn't hold you over the footbed as well as some may like.  That's why I'm curious about the new material they used on the J. C III
same thoughts about the jc2. I went tts and a bit movement going on in the toe area.

my bhm feels way better than my alternate aways. that soft leather or whatever the used on those is 
pimp.gif
 If only every rose 5 upper was like that. i can see how ppl think this was a mediocre shoe or a great shoe just by the colorway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom