Adidas D ROSE 5

Never followed the D Rose 5's, but I suddenly need a new pair of kicks for ball. Don't need anything fancy and just want overall comfort and ankle support. Just wanna spend the bare minimum really.... for $55, is this a no brainer? I heard the upper wears super quick on this red pair and looks like poop after a few games, but it's hard to pass up a deal like this.

Meanwhile I'm also contemplating the Melo 11's and Super Fly 3PO's that are on sale, but are basically still double the price.

Last edited:

Never followed the D Rose 5's, but I suddenly need a new pair of kicks for ball. Don't need anything fancy and just want overall comfort and ankle support. Just wanna spend the bare minimum really.... for $55, is this a no brainer? I heard the upper wears super quick on this red pair and looks like poop after a few games, but it's hard to pass up a deal like this.

Meanwhile I'm also contemplating the Melo 11's and Super Fly 3PO's that are on sale, but are basically still double the price.
people have said the upper on the brenda's are real stiff. Maybe wait for the other colorways to go on sale if you can

Uppers on the L-Train are stiff and crease just breathing in them but so far after 6 months they are still in great shape durability wise - no tears and fit good. I would say grab them.

Out of the PO and Melo I would say Melo if you want great snug fit and PO if you want flexibility. Cushioning and traction are exact same.

At $55 I was tempted to double up. I've been hooping in my L-Trains for a few months since I've been cleared by the doc and they are holding up very well. The only reason I didn't double up is because I'm sure that they won't be breaking down anytime soon.

I've got the white pair and I love them.

I found the white colorway (See Post #644) at the Adidas Outlet Store in Camarillo, CA for $100. Probably could be copped for less using an Adidas e-mail sign up coupon to use in-store.

Need to find "the lake" colorway. Its the only colorway that i like. Any idea where I can find one?

anyone wearing these playing outdoor court? how does the rubber hold up? they feel soft but i can't find any feedback on outdoor courts.

anyone wearing these playing outdoor court? how does the rubber hold up? they feel soft but i can't find any feedback on outdoor courts.
I have a few times. Good traction. The boost material helps with landing and can spring you back, also with any movements. 

I haven't had any issues on them, i actually like them alot.. Comfortable and solid cushion. Very impressed by the Boost.

As far as the rubber holding up, I've only used them about 3-4 times in games, so far so good. 

I just bought the Brenda's for $60 shipped from adidas.com, not sure if it was a good deal or not. The sizing is still a mystery to me since the reviews online were pretty mixed and I never got a chance to try them on in store. I normally wear size 13 in everything, but from my past experiences with Adidas shoes they tended to be on the bigger side. I don't mind the extra space in a larger shoe but Adidas shoes are super bulky on the outside in larger sizes, which is not visually appealing to me. I just bought both 13 and 13.5 since they offer free returns, hopefully one of them works out. I really like the white "Home" pair but I noticed the materials were different, specifically the synthetic leather. I heard some say they were less comfortable but more durable. What are your guys thoughts on the woven vs synthetic materials on this shoe? 

Definitely woven. The Chicago ice and Brenda's are the best materials. The synthetics are really cheap feeling but hold up great. The women's just fit and feel better to me.

the ship international for 6 euros (a little under $7, depending on the conversion rate).
wow, 6 euro to ship a pair of shoes is like free.

btw i got the black top white/greyish side with red laces (they call it away?), not sure what material it is, definitely not that plastic metal looking like material that paint will come off & not the spongy type, but looks more like 1st Generation Jordan Super Fly.

got it for $120, i see people getting it for $55, but $120 is the cheapest i can find, pretty close to the 96Euro deal. But i can see glue residues & the Boost foam doesn't seem to be perfect, i compared few pairs, the guy say it's just exterior cosmetics...

wow, 6 euro to ship a pair of shoes is like free.

btw i got the black top white/greyish side with red laces (they call it away?), not sure what material it is, definitely not that plastic metal looking like material that paint will come off & not the spongy type, but looks more like 1st Generation Jordan Super Fly.

got it for $120, i see people getting it for $55, but $120 is the cheapest i can find, pretty close to the 96Euro deal. But i can see glue residues & the Boost foam doesn't seem to be perfect, i compared few pairs, the guy say it's just exterior cosmetics...
These? Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but these were the Alternate Aways initially and were changed to just the Aways in the US.

I copped these original Aways and I ordered TTS but I feel like I could have ordered a half size smaller. I compared these to my Crazy Light 4 Boost and they are a tad bigger. Wearing Thorlo basketball socks help a lot and I'm looking to maybe putting in some Spenco GRF insoles as well.

I copped these original Aways and I ordered TTS but I feel like I could have ordered a half size smaller. I compared these to my Crazy Light 4 Boost and they are a tad bigger. Wearing Thorlo basketball socks help a lot and I'm looking to maybe putting in some Spenco GRF insoles as well.
yea you are right i got the alternate away, i had to go half size lower than Nikes, seems like these shoes have wider toe space so i don't have to go up half a size (or sometimes 1) just to fit, if i go half size up i will feel the slip due to it being longer. But the mid area feels narrower than normal shoes, i hope they get better once broken in.

the materials used on the uppers seems like Nike Tech 5 years ago, but improved to make it look much better. Hope the synthetic leather can last.

i read the cushion suppose to be good, but i tried jumping around, seems my feet can still feel the bump, i think i will need to add in another insole on top of the ones in the shoe, btw are the insoles glued?

Last edited:
Anyone feeling the ankle cap areas abit tight that the ankle keeps rubbing on the side? i only laced it up to 2nd top lace, i tried loosening the lace abit it's better but still you can hear the rubbing sound when you make a move. or it'll be better once broken in?

don't feel the ankle rub that you're describing, but the shoe is definitely more roomy overall. had to add some spenco grf insoles and wear thorlo basketball socks and everything is all good now.

Back
Top Bottom