Adidas Mutombo retro: First Look!

Were these hot back in the day? I don't remember seeing any kids with these on.

I didn't like them then, and I don't like them now.

Hope its easy for all you guys who want them to cop though. I know how the hype train going. Fools will buy them up just cause they're new and the guys who really like them miss out.

I can't recall these being a popular sneaker back when they originally released. Honestly I never cared for them until a few years ago, when I realized how deep I was into this sneaker culture. I love Pan-African colors, and the tribal print and 55 logo is a nice touch. Love how they made it look like a African shield.

Had a tshirt with the Mutombo logo with the Africa-print in 1995. Went to New York for summer holiday (from The Netherlands) and got a few remarks in a store. Guess they didnt like a white dude wearing a 'black' shirt back then. Same thing happened when I wanted to but the first FUBU shirt, I think ODB wore it in the Mariah "Fantasy" video: "you know it means For Us, By Us, right".
Uh, nope, I just want the damn shirt cause it looks dope :D

Still have both shirts, don't fit anymore, but couldnt get myself to throw them away either, because of the memories :smile:

Last edited:
ya slackin..streets got these on da radar, and at 105 its DIRT cheap compared to other sneaker standards...

I can't recall these being a popular sneaker back when they originally released. Honestly I never cared for them until a few years ago, when I realized how deep I was into this sneaker culture. I love Pan-African colors, and the tribal print and 55 logo is a nice touch. Love how they made it look like a African shield.
ur right they weren't poppin back in the day! but i always liked them, correction LOVED them!

I remember me and my friend wanted a pair but we were afraid we would get made fun of .now and could careless if people think there ugly.they are beautiful to me!

I remember me and my friend wanted a pair but we were afraid we would get made fun of .now and could careless if people think there ugly.they are beautiful to me!

is this colorway dropping?

only colorway id get

so in a span of the last week of august you have these, jordan v, shaq attack, all star grant hill 2, and the og colorway of the stackhouse shoe...

yea, crazy week for retros

Last edited:
Was Able To Lock Down My Pairs On Saturday After Kixpo Out In Dallas. Big Thanks To DK Foot & Casual For Holding Me Down On A 9.5 And 10 :pimp: Apparently They Only Received 10 Pairs Of These Total For Their Shops.

Couldn't Find Any Comments On Fit So Grabbed Both So I Could Decide Myself In Person... After Having Tried Them, This Shoe Runs NARROW! I've Yet To Untie Them But Definitely Noticeable Off The Bat. Despite How Narrow They Are, They Do Seem To Run Long As Well IMO (Something Similar To Recent Jordan 1 Models) Those Factors Being Said And Given How Bulky This Shoe Is, I Think I'm Going To Size Down .5 And Go With The 9.5

Hope That Helps Those Still In Search But Not Able To Try On Before Buying :nthat:

Last edited:
Was Able To Lock Down My Pairs On Saturday After Kixpo Out In Dallas. Big Thanks To DK Foot & Casual For Holding Me Down On A 9.5 And 10 :pimp: Apparently They Only Received 10 Pairs Of These Total For Their Shops.

Couldn't Find Any Comments On Fit So Grabbed Both So I Could Decide Myself In Person... After Having Tried Them, This Shoe Runs NARROW! I've Yet To Untie Them But Definitely Noticeable Off The Bat. Despite How Narrow They Are, They Do Seem To Run Long As Well IMO (Something Similar To Recent Jordan 1 Models) Those Factors Being Said And Given How Bulky This Shoe Is, I Think I'm Going To Size Down .5 And Go With The 9.5

Hope That Helps Those Still In Search But Not Able To Try On Before Buying :nthat:
Congrats on your pair! I pre-ordered mines from this seller on ebay and i got my true size, which is a Size 11.. I hope they aren't going to be big.. How is the comfort of these shoes?

Was Able To Lock Down My Pairs On Saturday After Kixpo Out In Dallas. Big Thanks To DK Foot & Casual For Holding Me Down On A 9.5 And 10
pimp.gif
Apparently They Only Received 10 Pairs Of These Total For Their Shops.

Hope That Helps Those Still In Search But Not Able To Try On Before Buying
nthat.gif
I agree. I had a chance to try on a pair sz 9 (usually I wear size 9.5) and they ran really snug but suprisingly very long at the same time. So I guess if you have wide feet (like me) it could get rather difficult to find the right size because they will either fit too snug or too long... That's one reason why I usually don't wear adidas. I have the same problem with some of the new Nike basketball shoes (and the Jordan1s) though...

Last edited:
^Quality And Comfort Are Definitely On Par For This Release... I Never Had The OG's So I Can't Speak In Comparison But I'm Definitely Satisfied With This Purchase... Quality Leathers Used, Buttery Suede On The Toebox And Dumb Thick Padding Used In The Ankle/Tongue Construction.... Can't Really Ask For More To Be Honest :pimp: :pimp:

I Can Say With Confidence That The Leather Used On The Ankle And Toe Area Of These Is What JB Should Be Using In It's Jordan IV & V Retro's To Keep Things Closer To The Retro's From '99 & 2000 :wink:

Hope That Helps :nthat:

Last edited:
^Quality And Comfort Are Definitely On Par For This Release... I Never Had The OG's So I Can't Speak In Comparison But I'm Definitely Satisfied With This Purchase... Quality Leathers Used, Buttery Suede On The Toebox And Dumb Thick Padding Used In The Ankle/Tongue Construction.... Can't Really Ask For More To Be Honest :pimp: :pimp:

I Can Say With Confidence That The Leather Used On The Ankle And Toe Area Of These Is What JB Should Be Using In It's Jordan IV & V Retro's To Keep Things Closer To The Retro's From '99 & 2000 :wink:

Hope That Helps :nthat:
So, overall, these shoes are very well made with premium materials? I can't wait to get my pair! Thanks a lot.. Maybe that's why this particular color way is so limited..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom