Adidas NMD thread

I think Boost technology and quality is at the heart of this Adidas resurgence. Most of the folks I know who are now on the Adidas wave got there because they heard the shoes were really comfortable and well-made and tried out a pair. Once you buy some Ultra Boosts, you're hooked. And then you're like, "Well, let me try some NMDs or Yeezys." And next thing you know, you've bought multiple Adidas runners in a month. So unless Nike comes up with competitive tech and starts giving a damn about quality, Adidas is going to gain on them.
Boost is definitely part of it, but remember this is still mostly the casual market that Adidas is tapping into.  I have around 15 pairs of Boost shoes, and mostly I just wear them when walking around.  I have some for tennis and basketball, but I have gone back to my Nikes with Zoom Air because they feel much more predictable and the Adidas shoes eventually give me sore ankles and knees.  And I'm around 180 so not exactly a huge guy.  UBs never felt great to me for running, but I do speed runs in my AdiZero Primes and the Boost does given great cushioning to a racing flat.  Anything over a few miles and I'm back to my Mizunos.  I ran a 10K last weekend and noticed only a handful of UBs in the hundreds of different shoes I noticed.  So it's not as if Boost has taken over the world when it comes to tech and real athletes that use the shoes for more than Instagram shots and walking around town.  The casual market is fickle and can turn quickly, and it will be no different with Boost shoes.  Sure, they're comfy but how many pairs of shoes with it does one person need?

"Ich bin kein Berliner Roboter" 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Got lucky and copped manually on adidas this AM (WM CS1)...

I am not a fan of shoes without laces and other City socks havent really had an aesthetic appeal to me but the three stripes across the front of the shoe give em a dope sleek trim plus branding that helps the overall "look" of the shoe..

I will be attempting to punch holes (ala uncaged UB or yeezy350) in the primeknit to add laces, hoping the PK gives a bit.... Wish me luck....

Got lucky and copped manually on adidas this AM (WM CS1)...

I am not a fan of shoes without laces and other City socks havent really had an aesthetic appeal to me but the three stripes across the front of the shoe give em a dope sleek trim plus branding that helps the overall "look" of the shoe..

I will be attempting to punch holes (ala uncaged UB or yeezy350) in the primeknit to add laces, hoping the PK gives a bit.... Wish me luck....
Sweet idea adding laces to the WM CS1, share some pics when you done it!

I *** hate JD Sports man. Calling, emailing, tweeting and they give me the same tracking number that hasn't moved in two weeks.

^ Their customer service is hands down some of the worst I've ever seen.
Check out the reverse shattered backboard Jordan Thread; The kids and 20 somethings that live at home will swear otherwise.

Tread carefully though:  That thread is infested with trolls and some of the biggest DB's on planet earth.

I *** hate JD Sports man. Calling, emailing, tweeting and they give me the same tracking number that hasn't moved in two weeks.
Just curious, are they using a shipping intermediate service? I've noticed a decent amount of Euro companies using them, probably because its cheaper. Sometimes those places take a long time and are very inefficient. I had a package take nearly 2 weeks without any updates, but it finally got to me. Might want to contact the shipping intermediate company directly if that's the case.

Got my Wool CS in a couple days ago in my TTS. Glad I went TTS cause half a size down would have been too short.

I did notice though that I do get a bit of heel slip as I walk. Did anyone else experience this with the Wool CS? I know it's not that they are too big in size since I don't have much toe room left. I feel locked down in the toebox area and towards the mid foot, but I feel no lock down at all in the heel resulting in heel slippage as I walk. I have a narrow foot and skinny ankles though so the sock collar isn't tight around my ankle, making it a bit loose. Maybe that has something to do with it, but I'm not completely sure. 

Anyone have any recommendations on how to remedy the heel slip? 

Check out the reverse shattered backboard Jordan Thread; The kids and 20 somethings that live at home will swear otherwise.

Tread carefully though:  That thread is infested with trolls and some of the biggest DB's on planet earth.
It's disgusting what's going on in there.

Just curious, are they using a shipping intermediate service? I've noticed a decent amount of Euro companies using them, probably because its cheaper. Sometimes those places take a long time and are very inefficient. I had a package take nearly 2 weeks without any updates, but it finally got to me. Might want to contact the shipping intermediate company directly if that's the case.

Well they gave me a USPS number that still says Sweden pre shipping. I'm gonna file a dispute today though

Back
Top Bottom