Adidas NMD thread

I couldn't disagree more with these two. I own the OG colorway NMD, Ultra Boosts, PB and Tan 350s and the NMD's are hands down the most comfortable shoe out of all of them.  The 350's are the most aesthetically pleasing to me but if we are talking about comfort the NMD takes the cake. 
How is that even possible? There's padding on the inside of the UB with insoles to provide cushioning. The shape of the UB also springs each step you take which is why they advertise "endless energy" withe UBs. Sounds like ur more interested in the hype/resale value of the NMDs, which is fine. But making these claims about them being the most comfortable is silly

I couldn't disagree more with these two. I own the OG colorway NMD, Ultra Boosts, PB and Tan 350s and the NMD's are hands down the most comfortable shoe out of all of them.  The 350's are the most aesthetically pleasing to me but if we are talking about comfort the NMD takes the cake. 
How is that even possible? There's padding on the inside of the UB with insoles to provide cushioning. The shape of the UB also springs each step you take which is why they advertise "endless energy" withe UBs. Sounds like ur more interested in the hype/resale value of the NMDs, which is fine. But making these claims about them being the most comfortable is silly
The NMDs are comfortable but the UBs are still the most comfortable shoe ever.

The NMDs are comfortable but the UBs are still the most comfortable shoe ever.

NMD's are most comfortable. there's not really an insole so your foot just sits on the boost. also, they fit like a sock.

UB will be used for running tho.

The NMDs are more comfortable than the Ultra Boost in my opinion and it has nothing to do with the hype of the shoe and everything to do with the comfort of the shoe.

Wow, guess I'm in the minority in this thread. Love the width of the NMDs and the super soft/barely there upper, but the cushioning isn't quite as bouncy as the UBs to me, guess I prefer that over the more neutral NMD. But they're still a great shoe. I'd give em the #2 spot for comfiness no doubt.

Lol that must be it. Most people aren't being objective when they have to convince themselves that paying resell wasn't a mistake. 

do you have both?

It's just a matter of preference.

I have both. tried on both. NMD more comfortable.

The NMDs are more comfortable than the Ultra Boost in my opinion and it has nothing to do with the hype of the shoe and everything to do with the comfort of the shoe.
UBs are first and foremost running shoes, NMDs are casual/lifestyle. One is technical, the other is not. Having said this, walking around for hours on UBs beats walking around for hours in NMDs. Something about the tighter fit and support helps. I have pairs of both.

Think about sizing, everyone rocking UBs sizes up half from their normal for a looser fit. Everyone rocking NMDs sizes down half for a tighter fit. If you went TTS either way, they would fit as they were designed/intended, IMO, one as a technical running shoe, the other as a sock-like casual shoe (think flip flops, slip-ons, etc).

UBs fit like a glove. NMDs fit like a sock, if that makes any sense...

/2cents

do you have both?

It's just a matter of preference.

I have both. tried on both. NMD more comfortable.
I actually do. I'm not saying this cause i'm salty or something silly like that. Just trying to help out other NTers that are on the fence of whether or not they want to pull the trigger on the resell price.

I live in a state where no NmDs were released or I would have been in line. I hate paying the resellers fee but I understand if I want certain shoes I have to pay based on basic supply and demand. I tried getting these for $300 but was laughed by pretty much everyone I private messaged on the bay. I found a guy with 2 size 9s and a 9.5 that had them listed for $400 who was willing to do 360 shipped but when I woke up to say I would pay it he had already sold all 3 sizes for the eBay listed price. I found someone else willing to do $350 shipped and the reason I'm happy with it is because not only are pairs already fetching more on eBay now in my size but I think that's the lowest I will be able to get them at in my size. U.S. 9 has been tough to find in NMD. People in China are buying up everything size 9.5 and lower in the R1.

I bought the OG NMD for 260 after they released paying a resellers fee and sold a 9.5 for $400 shipped last week. People also said I was crazy paying $750 for the pirate black yeezy 350s right after they released but I was also happy with that price based on basic supply and demand.

Going back to the comfort though I own Yeezy 350s, Ultra Boosts, and NMDs. I have no reason to be biased when I say that the NMD are the most comfortable.

This black pair is one of the few releases in a very very long time where the link dropped, I made the purchase decision right there, and checked out smoothly. Turns out there are actually kind of sought after lol

It sucks that your area doesn't get many releases and that you have to resort to paying resell to get a shoe you genuinely like.

I'm not saying that your wrong for liking a certain model. I'm just comparing silhouettes at face value. Not factoring resell value, if i had to choose between the NMD at 170, UB at 180, and the yeezy 350 at 200, I would pick the UBs every single time based on comfort. Aesthetically, i'd probly pick the NMD. 

Anyone here that went TTS on NMD and is satisfied?
I did with both Key City and OG red/blue. Very satisfied. I wear socks 100% of the time. Went half down with the R1s to give that a shot btw.

It's one thing to get shoes half or full size too big, you just don't want to get these too small (NMDs don't have an insole to remove).  For NMDs, TTS/half size down works great for most, majority prefer half size down (or if you up size half for UBs, then a full size down from your UB size).

I did with both Key City and OG red/blue. Very satisfied. I wear socks 100% of the time. Went half down with the R1s to give that a shot btw.

It's one thing to get shoes half or full size too big, you just don't want to get these too small (NMDs don't have an insole to remove).  For NMDs, TTS/half size down works great for most, majority prefer half size down (or if you up size half for UBs, then a full size down from your UB size).
Thanks for the reassurance, since only my size 10 (TTS) has been sent out so far. Repped!

Last edited:
Anyone still waiting on shipping from ADC? I have 1 order still "waiting to be packed"

Back
Top Bottom