Adidas NMD thread

Adidas should be careful with all those restocks and nmd iterations releases before people start loosing interest in the licence imo..

Last edited:

Adidas should be careful with all those restocks and nmd iterations releases before people start loosing interest in the licence imo..
wouldn't restocks give people a chance who are interested to actually cop?

or do u mean the hype beasts and/or resellers losing interest?

NMDs for the mesh runs are supposed to be a GR IMO.

They can keep certain colors or materials like Knit a bit more rare to keep the model highly sought after.

wouldn't restocks give people a chance who are interested to actually cop?

or do u mean the hype beasts and/or resellers losing interest?

NMDs for the mesh runs are supposed to be a GR IMO.

They can keep certain colors or materials like Knit a bit more rare to keep the model highly sought after.
You both right but here is the paradox imo..

If a lot of GR are planned and released they will make it common place and people will start thinking that there is too much fellows out there wearing nmd.

Even the limited ones will be impacted because there are many already between the camos and the simple pks.

Anybody has the right to get one limited or not but that's how people work. Look what is happening to the jordan brand..

I'm not getting paid by Jordan Brand nor Adidas.

I pray YZYs get GR'd to hell. and this is from a person who has multiples of YZYs.

at a certain point I just want my pair. I wouldn't care how many people have the same pair.

You both right but here is the paradox imo..

If a lot of GR are planned and released they will make it common place and people will start thinking that there is too much fellows out there wearing nmd.

Even the limited ones will be impacted because there are many already between the camos and the simple pks.

Anybody has the right to get one limited or not but that's how people work. Look what is happening to the jordan brand..
But the fact remains, no matter what price a resale market is at for a shoe because of its rarity, Adidas don't really make much either.

Like how much can you make if you're only selling 20,000 pairs of a shoe as opposed to 500,000 pairs of a GR shoe.

They are in the business to make money, not to create shoes that are so hard to get it ends up being in sneaker consignment stores everywhere.

The limited drops shoes are there merely as a marketing strategy to boost the image of the brand and to push potential customers to other GR shoes as a substitute.

Same as how it works for Jordan's shoe which OG colors are much more limited and people who miss it might just get other colorways of the same shoe.

Last edited:

But the fact remains, no matter what price a resale market is at for a shoe because of its rarity, Adidas don't really make much either.

Like how much can you make if you're only selling 20,000 pairs of a shoe as opposed to 500,000 pairs of a GR shoe.

They are in the business to make money, not to create shoes that are so hard to get it ends up being in sneaker consignment stores everywhere.

The limited drops shoes are there merely as a marketing strategy to boost the image of the brand and to push potential customers to other GR shoes as a substitute.

Same as how it works for Jordan's shoe which OG colors are much more limited and people who miss it might just get other colorways of the same shoe.
2016 first quarter earnings call is in a few days for Adidas Group, it would be interesting to listen in and hear what impact the NMD release had for Adidas. I'm sure they will mention it.

You are talking from an economic perspective on Adidas side of the game and i do agree on the strategy plan to make money cuz even for GR they're selling fast.

But i keep thinking that they're are flooding the market to fast with all those iterations of the model.

Adidas doesn't feel the difference that much because resellers buy a lot of quantities but we are starting to see some iterations having hard times on resell sites which means that some actual consumers are begining to loose interest or already have enough.

Last edited:

I disagree on that point 
laugh.gif

If limited releases have premium materials or patterns which make the difference for sneakerheads a lot of them won't buy a GR iteration because they have not been able to get the limited ones.

They will wait for the next limited release.

I disagree on that point 
laugh.gif

If limited releases have premium materials or patterns which make the difference for sneakerheads a lot of them won't buy a GR iteration because they have not been able to get the limited ones.

They will wait for the next limited release.
I'm very sure the real big populations aren't sneakersheads and they don't give a damn about the minute differences.

Remember, sneakerheads are a small population of the actual customers.

Most are just people who will buy something that looks to be "in-trend" now which makes people more inclined to purchase a certain design. Like how much the classic Stan Smith's are making Adidas, when every other people are wearing it.

You are talking from an economic perspective on Adidas side of the game and i do agree on the strategy plan to make money cuz even for GR they're selling fast.

But i keep thinking that they're are flooding the market to fast with all those iterations of the model.

Adidas doesn't feel the difference that much because resellers buy a lot of quantities but we are starting to see some iterations having hard times on resell sites which means that some actual consumers are begining to loose interest or already have enough.
Most "actual" consumers don't buy from resellers.

Those that do, are people craving for the social media acceptance.

But I do agree that the types of NMD released at one go this wave is a bit too much, should have been lesser colorways but more quantity each instead.

Last edited:

Most "actual" consumers don't buy from resellers.

Those that do, are people craving for the social media acceptance.

But I do agree that the types of NMD released at one go this wave is a bit too much, should have been lesser colorways but more quantity each instead
Interesting subject.. 

It would be great to get some statistics like the percentage of sneakers grabbed by resellers on hype/craved releases. 

Geometric camo are cool, but adidas needs to make the solid colorways more readily available.

Like what's up with them being sold out everywhere.

It's messed up.

Meet demand.

First quality adidas in a long time and people can't find them anywhere.

What's the sizing on NMD C1 Chukka OG? TTS? or should I go 1/2 size down like the PK? 

What's the sizing on NMD C1 Chukka OG? TTS? or should I go 1/2 size down like the PK? 
The suede pairs are TTS. Don't know about the mesh chukka but assume it's the same and don't recall seeing anything to suggest otherwise.

Honestly hype and limited releases don't do anything for a company long term.

Its some easy money but globally nothing compared to the adidas purchases for sport. It seems impactful because we like the shoes for style but compared to your nike, under armor and even sketchers everyday GR releases just make more money simply because there is enough for more people to buy, it's carried in more places. If people want them they don't have to hunt them.

Yeezy's get their name in the news because people act a fool and resell them but its not making filling anyones pockets enough to get cocky as a brand. 

NMDS even less so because they have't even had an international launch and launch in numbers too small to hold an impact. 

I'm surprised the limited model is still flourishing when people know exactly how it works now. 

Last edited:
Is the nmd geometric camo mesh or pk? Was wondering cause just bought a geometric camo red from offspring and the product detail stated that its a pk

Back
Top Bottom