Adidas NMD thread

Hey guys, I didn't know where to go so I came here for some help.

I'm in a little debt so I've been reselling sneakers on eBay. (I know, I know.. why buy them if you're not going to wear them)

Some buyer just said that my Women's Vapor grey NMD I sold to him were fake and he started a return claim against me. I provided all the order confirmation and emails and such but he says hes not satisfied and wants a return. He claims that the shoes are fake. 

Is there anything I can do to protect myself? Like wtf.. I don't even know where to get fakes. It literally came from finishline in the box and in the same box went to his house. eBay only gives me the option to message him or offer him some sort of refund, whether it be full or partial. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks. Sorry if this doesn't belong here.. I'm just a little distraught.

2 scenarios. 1. he has no clue what hes talking about and thinks you pulled a fast one on him. A calm explanation of their authenticity and any proof or reassurance you can provide may help. But it seems like u already did that.

2. He found them cheaper, they dont fit or he changed his mind for some reason and hes trying to force a return and make you pay for it. I'd assume 9/10 its scenario 2. How much did you charge him.

I had a guy claim some shoes were worn, dirty and missing tags. I got the return and they were none of the above. Its a pretty common tactic on ebay for buyers who want to back out of a deal and dont want to loose any money paying for a return. Ebay sucks for selling shoes cause you got a bunch of kids who think the world revolves around them and will not think twice about wasting your time and money. That last return cost me nearly $40. All i can say is i better not catch this guy trying to sell anything whatsoever on ebay or hes gonna get a dose of karma and perhaps learn a valuable lesson.

But to answer your question, no theres nothing you can do. If you cant talk him out of it you're better off accepting the return so you dont get a strike on your account if he escalates it to a claim. You will loose any case if rbay has to step in 100%. Its just a part of dealing with a certain demographic on ebay. Sucks, i know.

Last edited:
2 scenarios. 1. he has no clue what hes talking about and thinks you pulled a fast one on him. A calm explanation of their authenticity and any proof or reassurance you can provide may help. But it seems like u already did that.

2. He found them cheaper, they dont fit or he changed his mind for some reason and hes trying to force a return and make you pay for it. I'd assume 9/10 its scenario 2. How much did you charge him.

I had a guy claim some shoes were worn, dirty and missing tags. I got the return and they were none of the above. Its a pretty common tactic on ebay for buyers who want to back out of a deal and dont want to loose any money paying for a return. Ebay sucks for selling shoes cause you got a bunch of kids who think the world revolves around them and will not think twice about wasting your time and money. That last return cost me nearly $40. All i can say is i better not catch this guy trying to sell anything whatsoever on ebay or hes gonna get a dose of karma and perhaps learn a valuable lesson.

But to answer your question, no theres nothing you can do. If you cant talk him out of it you're better off accepting the return so you dont get a strike on your account if he escalates it to a claim. You will loose any case if rbay has to step in 100%. Its just a part of dealing with a certain demographic on ebay. Sucks, i know.
I feel like it was scenario 2. After spending the last couple hours talking to him, being polite and providing all the information showing it wasn't fake he cancelled the return. I guess I got lucky. Thanks for the detailed explanation, learned a lot about ebay. I honestly don't even want to deal with ebay any more, the other day someone gave me a neutral feedback because I didn't give him the price he wanted and mine was the only one around and he ended up buying it.. Some people man... Do you recommend any other places to sell? Feel free to PM me if this kind of talk ain't allowed. Haven't been on NT for a while, forgot the rules. Came back to my roots when things got sketchy though 
nthat.gif

Dude, you really lucked out that Buyer got a clue.
If you got high value shoes, go goat, stockx or consign shop.

+1 for GOAT, they take a lower fee than eBay (9.5%) and the buyer handles the shipping. You send them with a prepaid label to GOAT where they do the authenticity verification and then send off to the buyer. Also, if you want to buy something else from them with your proceeds you can avoid the PayPal fee.

Only downside I have had is you need to be a little patient, your shoes will likely sit longer than on eBay as the buyer market on the app is smaller.

I feel like it was scenario 2. After spending the last couple hours talking to him, being polite and providing all the information showing it wasn't fake he cancelled the return. I guess I got lucky. Thanks for the detailed explanation, learned a lot about ebay. I honestly don't even want to deal with ebay any more, the other day someone gave me a neutral feedback because I didn't give him the price he wanted and mine was the only one around and he ended up buying it.. Some people man... Do you recommend any other places to sell? Feel free to PM me if this kind of talk ain't allowed. Haven't been on NT for a while, forgot the rules. Came back to my roots when things got sketchy though :nthat:

Like others said GOAT or StockX are the most reliable marketplaces for selling. Although it can take awhile to get approved for selling on GOAT. You can sign up on stockx and start selling today. The fees are probably gonna be higher than ebay tho. $14 shipping + 9.5% + 3% paypal

Dude, you really lucked out that Buyer got a clue.
If you got high value shoes, go goat, stockx or consign shop.
never heard stockx, ill check them out thanks!
+1 for GOAT, they take a lower fee than eBay (9.5%) and the buyer handles the shipping. You send them with a prepaid label to GOAT where they do the authenticity verification and then send off to the buyer. Also, if you want to buy something else from them with your proceeds you can avoid the PayPal fee.

Only downside I have had is you need to be a little patient, your shoes will likely sit longer than on eBay as the buyer market on the app is smaller.
I gave goat a try about 1.5 - 2 years ago i think? When it first came out. They were really sitting for a long time, they just weren't selling quickly enough and the prices started going down. ill give it a try again.

Thanks for the recommendations fam 

Like others said GOAT or StockX are the most reliable marketplaces for selling. Although it can take awhile to get approved for selling on GOAT. You can sign up on stockx and start selling today. The fees are probably gonna be higher than ebay tho. $14 shipping + 9.5% + 3% paypal
Is the $14 shipping a flat rate for stockx?

On the topic of StockX, how do i get more 25$ off coupons? Even if i sign up more emails, I can't use the same address..

That's not too bad when I'm shipping from NY to Cali but if im shipping to NY or NJ thats a rip off. I usually pay like 6$ for priority

Yeah thats what i dont like. You ship to detroit everytime cause thats where the company is located, then they shipped to the buyer. Im not far from detroit so im definitely paying more than i should be. Also, its only new shoes on stockx, you cant sell used. But you dont gotta worry about chargebacks or returns or any kind of complaints or feedback.

Wanna get my boy some GR nmd size 5.5- preferably black or grey. Where are some sites I can get them for retail. Tried searching the bay but sellers asking for too much

Xhibition sent me a tracking number and then cancelled my order 6 hours later saying that my pair and size 9 over sold... How is that possible?
It's possible that they printed the shipping label but then realized that they were sold out of sz 9 as they put in the request to their warehouse/stock room to package the shoes. 

Hey guys haven't had Adidas in years thinking of grabbing BY2775 R1 Mystery Blue online

Reading the thread the consensus is tts for mesh R1's now there seems to be some variations to the mesh materials used, this model has a knitted look to it from pics

Adidas site describs it as Stetch-mesh.. can anyone comment on this specific material? Is it stretchy at all?

My tts is 12, in Nike I'm 12 in BW's, 90's and SB Dunks.. 12.5 in Pegs and Lunarglides

Is 12 a safe bet for this model R1's?

Cheers guys

Hey guys haven't had Adidas in years thinking of grabbing BY2775 R1 Mystery Blue online

Reading the thread the consensus is tts for mesh R1's now there seems to be some variations to the mesh materials used, this model has a knitted look to it from pics

Adidas site describs it as Stetch-mesh.. can anyone comment on this specific material? Is it stretchy at all?

My tts is 12, in Nike I'm 12 in BW's, 90's and SB Dunks.. 12.5 in Pegs and Lunarglides

Is 12 a safe bet for this model R1's?

Cheers guys

Get the primeknit R1 if you want to go with an NMD for your first boost shoe, but I'd go with an ultra boost pair first.

Ultra Boost has some nice navy colors as well if thats the color you want. I also like the r2, but it seems like like some people don't like them as much. I think it might be due to incorrect sizing . I have really wide feet but do not have problems with the rubber block on the medial side of the shoe. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but the ultra boost is the most popular boost shoe for a reason.

So is it over for the R1? I like those better than the R2.
 I really hope not but it does feel like they're going down the path of the UBs where only collabs and special editions of the R1s will be released from hereon out.

Apparently these are rumored to be releasing in May though:

So is it over for the R1? I like those better than the R2.
 I really hope not but it does feel like they're going down the path of the UBs where only collabs and special editions of the R1s will be released from hereon out.

Apparently these are rumored to be releasing in May though:
Those may have been scrapped in favor of a similar colorway of the R2...remains to be seen for sure

Back
Top Bottom