Adidas ORIGINALS updates

Just got em in, not sure how I'm feeling

I tried to cancel my prism order from the UK and they said naw. Things better blow me away for $150.

ZX 8000 Question: Do they normally run TTS? I wear a US9 and was wondering if I'd be swimming in a US9.5.

I had a pair of SR1 classics in a US9.5 and they were quite big. Thanks in advance...

^ 8000s run TTS for me and I have wide feet.  

Don't get a half-size bigger.  I did the same and ordered a pair of the Aqua/Lemon Peel OG joints that popped up on Size? randomly and they were huge.  Damn shame b/c now the only pairs I see in my true size are $200+.  

^ 8000s run TTS for me and I have wide feet.  

Don't get a half-size bigger.  I did the same and ordered a pair of the Aqua/Lemon Peel OG joints that popped up on Size? randomly and they were huge.  Damn shame b/c now the only pairs I see in my true size are $200+.  

I appreciate the reply! There's a pair of Mitas on EBay that I'm watching but will probably just keep hunting. I'm still kicking myself for not getting them when UBiq had their holiday sale.

Totally agree man. Seems like we've been getting the short end of the stick as far as things have been going for releases vs. Europe, lol.

We've got all the variations of the Top-Tens we can handle while Europe gets a huge load of runner variations. Go figure. Not gonna say it but it seems like Adidas kinda has the US pegged a certain way haha. Hopefully that changes up.
Totally agree man. Seems like we've been getting the short end of the stick as far as things have been going for releases vs. Europe, lol.

We've got all the variations of the Top-Tens we can handle while Europe gets a huge load of runner variations. Go figure. Not gonna say it but it seems like Adidas kinda has the US pegged a certain way haha. Hopefully that changes up.

I'd be patient with the euro release's I'm sure Adidas originals is diligently working very hard to send and/or get stuff stateside so as not to lose out on extra $$$$$$. They didn't think that zx flux would be well received as it did. Hold on to that cash guys.

Last edited:
I'd be patient with the euro release's I'm sure Adidas originals is diligently working very hard to send and/or get stuff stateside so as not to lose out on extra $$$$$$. They didn't think that zx flux would be well received as it did. Hold on to that cash guys.

I think this is wishful
Thinking sadly. Adidas is a European brand and have always, ALWAYS been partial to
That fact. I've spent a ton of time there and quite frankly the selection of adidas exclusives drives me
Nuts. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Remember that euro retail is always higher than US prices yet they don't have to pay the same taxes as they do here.

ZX Flux is blowing up in Europe too. Lets not forget that.

I just think they're trash honestly. Don't really know why at this point. Can't see myself wearing them. I have another 10.5 coming in too lol.
Yep agreed. Everyone talking bout how comfy the Flux ZX are, but they don't even compare to Roshe's. And Roshe's cost less. Picked up a pair of infrareds and tried them on. Took them off after taking a few steps and laughed at how uncomfortable they were. Instant return.

aren't they the same price, retail, as Roshe? 

and I'll have to disagree on the comfort level of Roshe... those things hurt like hell on the top of my foot .... tried a pair on just to see what all the rage was about 

haven't received my Flux yet but we'll see 

Fluxs are $10 more than Roshes. I honestly like the aesthetics and comfort of the Roshes more. But the Fluxs aren't too far behind. They're knocking it out with the graphic prints. It's too bad they're limiting them.

aren't they the same price, retail, as Roshe? 

and I'll have to disagree on the comfort level of Roshe... those things hurt like hell on the top of my foot .... tried a pair on just to see what all the rage was about 

haven't received my Flux yet but we'll see 
If Roshes hurt the top of your foot then you'll probably like the Flux way better. The Flux have a ton of room in the forefoot and toe box so might be better for you. It will be interesting to see how you feel about the cushioning of the Roshe vs. the Flux. The Flux felt too stiff and didn't offer much in cushioning for me. Roshe way better cushioning IMO.

Fluxs are $10 more than Roshes. I honestly like the aesthetics and comfort of the Roshes more. But the Fluxs aren't too far behind. They're knocking it out with the graphic prints. It's too bad they're limiting them.
Depends where you buy them. I know Nike raised price to $75, but other websites still have them for $70. The general Flux are $85 and the print ones are $90 or above (is this correct?) I agree that the graphic prints look nice, but due to the limited nature so far I feel like that's why so many people are all in love with them. I just don't feel like the comfort and cushioning is there. But like 011781 said about the Roshe's hurting his foot, maybe the Flux are a bad shoe for my foot.

If Roshes hurt the top of your foot then you'll probably like the Flux way better. The Flux have a ton of room in the forefoot and toe box so might be better for you. It will be interesting to see how you feel about the cushioning of the Roshe vs. the Flux. The Flux felt too stiff and didn't offer much in cushioning for me. Roshe way better cushioning IMO.
I tried on some Adidas in Footlocker a few weeks back that felt like complete ****... I can't remember the name of them but they were extremely light and resembled the Element Refine (dont think it was them though).... 

hope the Flux don't have the cushioning of Chuck Taylors .. will definitely post my thoughts... i have a really weird foot 

IMO- the roshe vs flux comfort argument kind of reflects the nature of nike and adidas basketball shoes in general. (I say basketball shoes because those are the only other shoes I've really had hands-on experience with)

Nike is known for it's step-in, responsive cushioning when it comes to basketball shoes, while Adidas is more affiliated with having "just enough" cushioning for impact protection, resulting in less bounce but more court feel. I feel like the roshe and flux are the same in that the roshe's have a super cushioned, high off the ground feel when you step right into them. meanwhile the flux's have a lower, more absorbing, less bouncy feeling. I'm not really sure how else to explain this other than relating it to their basketball shoes.

The flux definitely have more space in the toebox, and for me the overall upper fits a lot better but it just feels really narrow in the arch for me. Cushion-wise the roshe are hands down a lot more plush but they just fit sloppy for me, but I guess it's just a lax shoe to begin with.

On another note, has anyone been brave enough to wear their photo-print packs in the rain? The uppers feel like nylon so they could be waterproof, no?

Last edited:

IMO- the roshe vs flux comfort argument kind of reflects the nature of nike and adidas basketball shoes in general. (I say basketball shoes because those are the only other shoes I've really had hands-on experience with)

Nike is known for it's step-in, responsive cushioning when it comes to basketball shoes, while Adidas is more affiliated with having "just enough" cushioning for impact protection, resulting in less bounce but more court feel. I feel like the roshe and flux are the same in that the roshe's have a super cushioned, high off the ground feel when you step right into them. meanwhile the flux's have a lower, more absorbing, less bouncy feeling. I'm not really sure how else to explain this other than relating it to their basketball shoes.

The flux definitely have more space in the toebox, and for me the overall upper fits a lot better but it just feels really narrow in the arch for me. Cushion-wise the roshe are hands down a lot more plush but they just fit sloppy for me, but I guess it's just a lax shoe to begin with.

On another note, has anyone been brave enough to wear their photo-print packs in the rain? The uppers feel like nylon so they could be waterproof, no?
I think your explanation makes perfect sense. And it's pretty spot on as well. Roshes definitely a lax shoe so I know what you mean by the sloppy fit.

Depends where you buy them. I know Nike raised price to $75, but other websites still have them for $70. The general Flux are $85 and the print ones are $90 or above (is this correct?) I agree that the graphic prints look nice, but due to the limited nature so far I feel like that's why so many people are all in love with them. I just don't feel like the comfort and cushioning is there. But like 011781 said about the Roshe's hurting his foot, maybe the Flux are a bad shoe for my foot.

You're right but I think the price is $75. You can go on other web sites and you'll see OG re releases that go for $75, same for the newer models. I think the old stock will remain at the $70 price point.

But regardless of price, it would be nice if Adidas released the graphic prints and gradients in greater supply. This is ridiculous and it's not like the company's communication has been clear, forth coming and accurate.

Europe seems to be getting all of the love right now.

Last edited:
You're right but I think the price is $75. You can go on other web sites and you'll see OG re releases that go for $75, same for the newer models. I think the old stock will remain at the $70 price point.

But regardless of price, it would be nice if Adidas released the graphic prints and gradients in greater supply. This is ridiculous and it's not like the company's communication has been clear, forth coming and accurate.

Europe seems to be getting all of the love right now.
Yeah it is ridiculous what is going on with the graphic releases. You basically have to sit at the computer all day waiting for a random drop. Although after trying on my infrareds, I'm wondering if I'll have the same fit problems with the graphics. Do you happen to know if the graphics fit different than the solid versions? The graphics look like they are made of Roshe GPX type material so was thinking they may run a tad smaller than the solids.

I can't speak on the normal mesh-like pairs. I can only speak on the graphics (got the oceans and the digital). I got the oceans in 11.0 and digital in 11.5. I wear 11.5 and the Oceans fit fine. Prefer the fit of the 11.5 but I can rock the 11.0 without any issues or feel like my toe is getting crush like say the Lebron XI.

To me, Roshes fit TTS except for the GPX and the recent World Cup pack. GPX fit a little tight but somewhat TTS. The horror of the World Cup...definitely half or full size up. Just like the Flux, they're hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom