Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

I’m saying. Why everyone think this is Jerry’s doing? He posted exactly the opposite, like you said above
Yeah! This isn’t Jerry fam! This is just a new adidas collection. Hence the Chapter 01 thing…

The only thing I will say that is somewhat misleading is the new Kobe / crazy shoe. That shoe isn’t a performance shoe at all. It’s just a new lifestyle shoe. Wasn’t really apart of the collection just fit the overall look I guess?

Saw the eternal stuff on ig today, everything was still beigey, oversized 80s power shoulder cut and desserty like before. I think hes run out of ideas st this point. It feels too similar to the zegna stuff he did a while ago.

Im confused. So this Essentials looking stuff, witht he commercial or video that looks eerily similar to what Jerry has done in the past...and none of it is his work?

Man what tarnation is going on

Im confused. So this Essentials looking stuff, witht he commercial or video that looks eerily similar to what Jerry has done in the past...and none of it is his work?

Man what tarnation is going on

Great question. If we were to ask Ye, he'll say this is typical adidas formula.

1. Bring in high profiled designer/influencer, catering to a specific demographic that contributed to 1.6 Trillion dollars of spending in 2021. We'll call the high profiled designer/influencer "artist" from now on the same way these contracts do.
2. Give said "artist" access to your portfolio/warehouses/design team and at them to your payroll
3. Now that said "artist" is on payroll, you can copy their designs designed under your umbrella/resources and make a lower price to entry version of the same design.
4. "Artist" has no say or receive any of the profits from the lower entry price items, and adidas will receive more money because they know that kids and most parents can't afford the actual collaboration, thus buying the lookalike official knockoff.
5. If said "artist" wishes to be released from contract, wait for them to say outlandish things about only one specific community, to release them. Everything against their own community is fair game because adidas.

Now Jerry has made good money on his own and comes from Baseball money, but I'm sure if adidas could make Ye a Billionaire, pretty positive this deal could potentially make Jerry a multiple time 100 millionaire.

Great question. If we were to ask Ye, he'll say this is typical adidas formula.

1. Bring in high profiled designer/influencer, catering to a specific demographic that contributed to 1.6 Trillion dollars of spending in 2021. We'll call the high profiled designer/influencer "artist" from now on the same way these contracts do.
2. Give said "artist" access to your portfolio/warehouses/design team and at them to your payroll
3. Now that said "artist" is on payroll, you can copy their designs designed under your umbrella/resources and make a lower price to entry version of the same design.
4. "Artist" has no say or receive any of the profits from the lower entry price items, and adidas will receive more money because they know that kids and most parents can't afford the actual collaboration, thus buying the lookalike official knockoff.
5. If said "artist" wishes to be released from contract, wait for them to say outlandish things about only one specific community, to release them. Everything against their own community is fair game because adidas.

Now Jerry has made good money on his own and comes from Baseball money, but I'm sure if adidas could make Ye a Billionaire, pretty positive this deal could potentially make Jerry a multiple time 100 millionaire.

This has been the formula since the beginning of time! Your paying the partner to influence consumers… same with athletes, brands, boutiques etc. This is the essence of endorsement deals. You keep the pinnacle product aspirational and then you create more accessible and price efficient product for mass consumption. It’s basic economics! It’s in all fields… even Jerry’s essentials is the same method.

Da F is goin on here
7C581564-4D3A-4B17-80D6-8202F50BD113.gif

so today on complex podcast they mentioned that crazy new eras and the rivalries were meant to be a collab with FOG but jerry later said "Nah bro".
Jerry Lorenzo lost any interest with being at Adidas now that Ye isn't there. I wouldn't be surprised if they believe in the same controversial things, but I guess that's going off topic.

It explains why Nathan VanHook is taking over the basketball division now.
Maybe Jerry will do something in the Originals. As of right now, it looks like hiring Jerry has been a big waste

Jerry Lorenzo lost any interest with being at Adidas now that Ye isn't there. I wouldn't be surprised if they believe in the same controversial things, but I guess that's going off topic.

Maybe Jerry will do something in the Originals. As of right now, it looks like hiring Jerry has been a big waste
i'm almost certain that they share similar values and isn't down with adidas dropping ye but jerry not being part of the basketball line has been going on for months

so today on complex podcast they mentioned that crazy new eras and the rivalries were meant to be a collab with FOG but jerry later said "Nah bro".
This isn’t true! They are just dope new adi shoes. Just appreciate them as new products!. These were never intended to be apart of FOG.

Last edited:

I’m honestly starting to believe Jerry’s time and influence isn’t what it is was and he’s no longer confident in the adi partnership / product, as it will be scrutinized and potentially not hit as initially expected. I feel he came to adi 3-5 years too late, and if you analyze his full product offering from Nike the majority of that product fell short.

It’s an immense amount of pressure riding on this partnership with Adidas, and Jerry and I think we’re starting to see the cracks and his lack of confidence in his own brand power. They are legit 2-3 years behind schedule and they haven’t produced any hype or excitement around this partnership. I think Jerry went into the partnership not fully realizing the stakes and what adi invested in. At this point no matter what he what drops it will most likely not live up to expectations.

The Kanye comments… the statements… all these things , and nothing from his partnership. It’s known Jerry and Kanye had a huge falling out. He was even used by Nike to counter Ye’s and adi’s influence. Next if you look back Jerry’s interviews he’s mentioned numerous times that Nike wouldn’t give him a FOG 2 sneaker so that’s why he left. I think Nike looked at the analytics and didn’t believe Jerry had the long term staying power of a Virgil or Travis which lead to his opportunity with Adi! With that he has the power and resources but maybe not the influence on culture! It feels like he’s playing a waiting game for the perfect moment which I believe may have already passed.

I’m honestly starting to believe Jerry’s time and influence isn’t what it is was and he’s no longer confident in the adi partnership / product, as it will be scrutinized and potentially not hit as initially expected. I feel he came to adi 3-5 years too late, and if you analyze his full product offering from Nike the majority of that product fell short.

It’s an immense amount of pressure riding on this partnership with Adidas, and Jerry and I think we’re starting to see the cracks and his lack of confidence in his own brand power. They are legit 2-3 years behind schedule and they haven’t produced any hype or excitement around this partnership. I think Jerry went into the partnership not fully realizing the stakes and what adi invested in. At this point no matter what he what drops it will most likely not live up to expectations.

The Kanye comments… the statements… all these things , and nothing from his partnership. It’s known Jerry and Kanye had a huge falling out. He was even used by Nike to counter Ye’s and adi’s influence. Next if you look back Jerry’s interviews he’s mentioned numerous times that Nike wouldn’t give him a FOG 2 sneaker so that’s why he left. I think Nike looked at the analytics and didn’t believe Jerry had the long term staying power of a Virgil or Travis which lead to his opportunity with Adi! With that he has the power and resources but maybe not the influence on culture! It feels like he’s playing a waiting game for the perfect moment which I believe may have already passed.

Doesnt help that FoG been steering away from streetwear, the aesthetic that made them come up. They did the Zegna collab and now they just doing coats and sweaters, which looks nice but hes done the same **** for the past like 3 collections.

in the interview on complex podcast with Liedtke, he mentioned that Ye block him and Wex from talking to Jerry and Virgil and that led them to going to Nike.

not even close to being a fact.. but let dunne and them guys continue to feed you false narratives
Nothing new with them. Especially Welty, just high horse opinions and so far from relatable.

Let’s just take this adidas basketball all star weekend announcements and previews and coverage. The shoes look awesome, uniform, and a clear direction. Definitely got my attention.

Nothing new with them. Especially Welty, just high horse opinions and so far from relatable.

Let’s just take this adidas basketball all star weekend announcements and previews and coverage. The shoes look awesome, uniform, and a clear direction. Definitely got my attention.
Agree! Showed up strong!

I’m skipping all the essays.

These new jawnz is ok. But if they would’ve been branded as the FoG x adidas we wouldved el scorcho napalmed flame them.

Designs are ok and the prices are ok but I wish adidas would post measurements for this apparel collection

there's literally no excuse to sell clothes and not have measurements posted

Back
Top Bottom