ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
a funny meme I always laugh at:

138-billion-in-one-picture-and-not-a-gucci-belt-16321036.png

like people have said, those with real wealth don't show it. Those with all the flashy jewelry and cars are the one trying to look rich

I'm a lawyer. Damn near everyone I interact with regularly is rich or wealthy. The wealthy people I know have multiple Rolex watches, multiple Breitlings, drive multiple luxury cars (one of my boys has a Porsche that he races, and that is the only time he drives it), wear custom suits and custom shirts, and will blow thousands in Vegas in two days. Bill Gates and that thief Zuckerberg are the exception, not the rule.

My local mall is the Short Hills Mall. You know who is in there buying Gucci and Chanel? Wealthy people.

the funny thing is a car depreciates a lot more than a sneaker does :lol:

And none of them appreciate. Hence my 14 year old FX that I plan on driving into the ground.

Seriously though -- this is a situation in which you can, if you play your cards right, buy multiples of the shoes that are popular and enough in demand and lose nothing for your original purchase (or even make a little). If that were the case with cars, life would be very different.

That being said, my kids' educations are by far the biggest 'sunken costs' from yr to yr. And that was a cost my wife and I are thankfully able to afford. Some $250 shoes (on which you can break even or make money) are a drop in the bucket, as long as you aren't borrowing/ spending on credit in order to get them.

^^^ day care is 1k a month. I flip shoes to cover it. That money saved from work goes into savings so his *** can be good while he's in college (if he gets a full ride then it's going on a first class trip to South Africa)

My kids go to private school b/c our public schools are so terrible. $50k a yr adds up.

I go to short hills all the time, guess who I see in there? People that can rap Gucci Gang acapella..

I live 10 minutes away. Unless you live in Livingston or something (and your posts suggest you live in NYC), I doubt that you shop there enough to know the demographics of who is usually in the high end stores. And it's not even about Short Hills Mall, it's about the idea that wealthy people are frugal while poor people are out here wildly spending money on luxury items. It's a dangerous narrative.

I live 10 minutes away. Unless you live in Livingston or something (and your posts suggest you live in NYC), I doubt that you shop there enough to know the demographics of who is usually in the high end stores. And it's not even about Short Hills Mall, it's about the idea that wealthy people are frugal while poor people are out here wildly spending money on luxury items. It's a dangerous narrative.

And a largely false one.

And none of them appreciate. Hence my 14 year old FX that I plan on driving into the ground.

Seriously though -- this is a situation in which you can, if you play your cards right, buy multiples of the shoes that are popular and enough in demand and lose nothing for your original purchase (or even make a little). If that were the case with cars, life would be very different.

That being said, my kids' educations are by far the biggest 'sunken costs' from yr to yr. And that was a cost my wife and I are thankfully able to afford. Some $250 shoes (on which you can break even or make money) are a drop in the bucket, as long as you aren't borrowing/ spending on credit in order to get them.

the NSX appreciated tho :nerd:

I live 20 mins away... lol how you figure I don't shop there enough just because I live in NYC?

But I agree with your last statement, which is why I said what I said earlier lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom