ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
joints wack den a ************. They'll be a general release and they'll rot on the shelf in most places. peeps werent just copping yeezys because of ye...but also because they're nike. Brand matters. I dont see folks just copping the 3 strips because of ye face...especially if they arent dope. Guys werent spazzing over the s.carters or the g-unit p.o.s.

Last edited:
joints wack den a ************. They'll be a general release and they'll rot on the shelf in most places. peeps werent just copping yeezys because of ye...but also because they're nike. Brand matters. I dont see folks just copping the 3 strips because of ye face...especially if they arent dope.Guys werent spazzing over the s.carters or the g-unit p.o.s.

No offense man, but that's an awful comparison. The sneaker business was a completely different beast back then, and Jay and 50 didn't have arguably the most hyped sneakers of all time on their resume before those dropped either.

I dunno where you've been, but adidas has been making some major strides this year. Plenty of folks are indeed copping the Three Stripes. In fact, the ZX Flux is one of the biggest stories of 2014.

Short version.. The hype will be there, better believe it.

Last edited:
joints wack den a ************. They'll be a general release and they'll rot on the shelf in most places. peeps werent just copping yeezys because of ye...but also because they're nike. Brand matters. I dont see folks just copping the 3 strips because of ye face...especially if they arent dope. Guys werent spazzing over the s.carters or the g-unit p.o.s.

Many releases of The ZX Flux and all collabs Adidas have done with artist (ASAP Rocky for example) have sold instantly the day of release.

Honestly, only a small majority of Nike releases actually sell well. The store I work at in particular has releases from Nike dating back to Jan 2013 still in store today. So it's not like everything nike makes flies off the shelf.

Like I stated earlier Adidas is branding itself as a lifestyle which is why they've linked with so many influential musicians/artists/celebs the past 5 or 6 yrs. They understand the power of" celebrity". That cheesy color gimmick stuff is coming to an end, then what for Nike? They still have failed to brand themselves outside of sportswear IMO

Last edited:
If Teyana Taylor and Big Sean can create the buzz they did and have their shoes sell out in minutes. Kanye will most likely surpass that..

joints wack den a ************. They'll be a general release and they'll rot on the shelf in most places. peeps werent just copping yeezys because of ye...but also because they're nike. Brand matters. I dont see folks just copping the 3 strips because of ye face...especially if they arent dope.Guys werent spazzing over the s.carters or the g-unit p.o.s.

No offense man, but that's an awful comparison. The sneaker business was a completely different beast back then, and Jay and 50 didn't have arguably the most hyped sneakers of all time on their resume before those dropped either.

I dunno where you've been, but adidas has been making some major strides this year. Plenty of folks are indeed copping the Three Stripes. In fact, the ZX Flux is one of the biggest stories of 2014.

Short version.. The hype will be there, better believe it.

Many releases of The ZX Flux and all collabs Adidas have done with artist (ASAP Rocky for example) have sold instantly the day of release.

Honestly, only a small majority of Nike releases actually sell well. The store I work at in particular has releases from Nike dating back to Jan 2013 still in store today. So it's not like everything nike makes flies off the shelf.

Like I stated earlier Adidas is branding itself as a lifestyle which is why they've linked with so many influential musicians/artists/celebs the past 5 or 6 yrs. They understand the power of" celebrity". That cheesy color gimmick stuff is coming to an end, then what for Nike? They still have failed to brand themselves outside of sportswear IMO

I'm sure that's probably based on the demographic of the area. People arent buying adidas much around here if they arent derrick rose kicks or crazy 8s

I'm sure that's probably based on the demographic of the area. People arent buying adidas much around here if they arent derrick rose kicks or crazy 8s

Nike releases ALOT of stuff in comparison to other brands and only a small percentage of that stuff sales. Think I'm lying go to the mall and see for yourself.

Even if demographics was the case u don't think Adidas is smart enough to use that to its advantage? They'll just send more stuff to those areas. Once other consumers outside of that demographic can't get their hands on it, the demand for it increases and then they'll be playing the same game nike's been playing for the past decade.

At the end of the day style is and will transition from sportswear

Some of yall are way to gullible..

Isn't this like the 3rd time we've seen some shotty pic of some random kicks?

Where's the source to this?

Those shoes are way to plain for kanyes loud style.

What exactly about Kanye's style is loud, have you seen any of the items he's already designed?

TT and Big Sean released how many pairs? Limited drops mean nothing.
And you think Kanye's sneakers are going to be true "GR's"? They'll be semi GR, select accounts are going to get them and will sell out no matter what.. Hence the popularity of the Adidas Qasa Y-3's since Kanye's been spotted in them and how now they're selling out slowly but surely in select accounts. These (Kanye's Adidas footwear line) will be close to how Adidas Y-3 footwear and apparel are sold,  in reference to number's and accounts that carry their products..

luigyvintage03 luigyvintage03 I'm pretty sure KW shoes will be produced in the same limited numbers. More sought after because of KW but still limited. Adidas won't make money on them but may get brand recognition out of the deal. Which is what they are after. They want to sell more Adidas product not so much the KW product. Adidas looked at Nike like frank whites nephew. "I want what you got uncle Frank" if they produce KW shoes in GR numbers they will no longer have the hype train to sell them.

@SquatchNT  I understand, alot people feel like these won't have the same impact, as to the "Nike Yeezy" but I feel like what Nike did as a marketing machine was produce the Yeezy's in a real limited amount which on it's own will generate hype on it's own. Oppose to Adidas where they have the ability to generate some hype but like you stated they're all about selling X amount of Adidas footwear. I honestly think they are going to do a good job. Adidas quality as far as leather, detailing, craftmanship will be at par with the price point (Hopefully. Lol) of the KW's adidas, unlike the Nike Yeezy 2's, where I feel Nike raped and gave us a shoe worth $190, with a slap to the face. Lol.

What exactly about Kanye's style is loud, have you seen any of the items he's already designed?

You cant be serious..I was referring to how he dresses but as far as what hes designed..

An all red shoe isnt loud?

joints had a gitd sole.. which probably sticks out more than any feature on a shoe.

Last edited:
Nike releases ALOT of stuff in comparison to other brands and only a small percentage of that stuff sales. Think I'm lying go to the mall and see for yourself.

Not all of it is supposed to be this limited 'im going to buy it because it sells out'. Nike is a brand leader in america in sportwear, do you think someone wanting jogging shoes has time for hunting a pair down because of the hype around them?

Do you think someone wanting to grab some cleats or basketball sneakers should ever walk into a nikestore and find what they are looking for to be sold out?

Sneaker culture and streetwear are NICHE markets.

Nike is too big a company, he yeezy's weren't limited because of nike producing a lot and them selling out, they were limited because they were for a niche market that is attracted to limited shoes with flashy colorways.

Tom **** and harry were not buying your $250 all red sneakers, when they could already go onto nike id and make anyshoe all red, or just settle for some red converses.

The yeezy's success had little to nothing to do with nikes name. 

If you need proof look at flyknit runners and nike tossing the solar yeezy color way onto any shoe with enough parts to contain all 3 colors.

Their resell value skyrockets, and its not because of nike, they just release a few to give the illusion of limitedness and everyone jumps on the 'yeezy told me; band wagon

Look at flyknit runners. a 200 dollar shoe made for running enthusiasts. Kanye gets tossed a free pair after the sportwear trend has taken off on runways around the globe, and he gets the credit and a black an white colorway reselling for 300% markup because their on his feet.

The adidas can be stan smiths with a smiley face and poop emoji on them and would sell out if they were limited in number and kanye wore them

Last edited:
Not all of it is supposed to be this limited 'im going to buy it because it sells out'. Nike is a brand leader in america in sportwear, do you think someone wanting jogging shoes has time for hunting a pair down because of the hype around them?
Do you think someone wanting to grab some cleats or basketball sneakers should ever walk into a nikestore and find what they are looking for to be sold out?

Sneaker culture and streetwear are NICHE markets.
Nike is too big a company, he yeezy's weren't limited because of nike producing a lot and them selling out, they were limited because they were for a niche market that is attracted to limited shoes with flashy colorways.
Tom **** and harry were not buying your $250 all red sneakers, when they could already go onto nike id and make anyshoe all red, or just settle for some red converses.

The yeezy's success had little to nothing to do with nikes name. 
If you need proof look at flyknit runners and nike tossing the solar yeezy color way onto any shoe with enough parts to contain all 3 colors.
Their resell value skyrockets, and its not because of nike, they just release a few to give the illusion of limitedness and everyone jumps on the 'yeezy told me; band wagon

Look at flyknit runners. a 200 dollar shoe made for running enthusiasts. Kanye gets tossed a free pair after the sportwear trend has taken off on runways around the globe, and he gets the credit and a black an white colorway reselling for 300% markup because their on his feet.

The adidas can be stan smiths with a smiley face and poop emoji on them and would sell out if they were limited in number and kanye wore them

Your first statement sounds good but let's look at your jogging shoe example. Price points deter many of the average consumers away from nike's products. Yes, someone looking to get back into a gym routine may grab a pair of frees, lunarglides, duel fusions but a lot of nike's newer flagship shoes are well into the $180s in price point retail/$120 factory, your average person is not going to want to pay that for a pair of gym shoes. Sizing often gives people issues with Nike's products. Then u factor in the people that only want products made in the US, which in the area that I live in is ALOT of the military people.

Majority of the consumers I deal with day to day that don't follow sneakers that simply want a shoe they can run and work out in ask for two brands... Brooks and Asics. The hardcore runners come in looking shoes like the Adidas Supernova or Mizuno products.

Nike is the leader in capitalizing on retro, niche markets, and gimmicks. Look what they did with marketing sneakerheads... Their other products don't sell b/c they are overly priced and no one wants them, so yes they gave Kanye products that his cult following would intern go nuts for after seeing him with it on.

In that Robbie Fuller vid he def mentioned bringing athletic (particularly running) aesthetics and concepts to Kanye for this upcoming so. That shoe looks more like a JS collab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom