ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it that after every Ye release, people actually say prices will come down? When the hell has that happened? Its the same thing overtime. Copping before they release is the best time.

Some of you guys really are shocked there are masses that don't mind sitting on their pairs for a while? That whole saying "resellers will off their pairs for cheap to move on to the next pair" is completely false. Just because a couple of sellers do doesn't make it a fact. And once the fakes flood the market, finding a decent price becomes impossible.

Where is @Sphynx? He can tell you how wrong he is about prices. Clown legit laughed at anyone copping TD's for more than $600 back when they released. Said they would drop to $500-$600 in a couple of weeks

I'm sure he moved onto another screen name. I miss his buffoonery. But we seem to have replaced him with another fool.

why is it that after every Ye release, people actually say prices will come down? When the hell has that happened? Its the same thing overtime. Copping before they release is the best time.

Some of you guys really are shocked there are masses that don't mind sitting on their pairs for a while? That whole saying "resellers will off their pairs for cheap to move on to the next pair" is completely false. Just because a couple of sellers do doesn't make it a fact. And once the fakes flood the market, finding a decent price becomes impossible.

Where is @Sphynx? He can tell you how wrong he is about prices. Clown legit laughed at anyone copping TD's for more than $600 back when they released. Said they would drop to $500-$600 in a couple of weeks

I'm sure he moved onto another screen name. I miss his buffoonery. But we seem to have replaced him with another fool.

They just don't understand man. They look at it within a month span and not longer. Like people say, there's levels

90 percent of resellers do the SoleyGhost method of "its all about the quick flip." , which is not wrong to do because when people take Ls on yeezy releases they will go by any means to get that shoe. If theres a market for it, people will pay whatever for it. Resellers create the margin but after time when it becomes more limited and good fakes flood the market then sitting and selling above market value is possible so yeah i can see where youre coming from. Neither method is wrong but most people want their cash now and fast money is not always good money. And people who claim prices will go down after every release are just hopefuls waitng for nothing lol

Last edited:
I still can't believe the triple black 750s are going for way more than the og color way.  I bought my og color for $1300 a few months ago and can't get anywhere near that for a triple black.

WTF? Not one person from Bait???? It's like everywhere you go now there's so much damn into money into sneakers (certain collabs and the rare rare Jordan's now days-Don Cs and Ovo) everyone's doing this ****. I show up to Bait and there's a bunch of Eastside hipsters wearing Bape (and one is rocking a shark hoodie that should of went to a customer) and another wearing 1000 dollars worth of color coordinated rags (dope hoodie though) off what I would imagine to be a small salary and then when I ask questions about what sizes they have, they act secretive. And I asked how many people signed up and he said well over 1200 without even looking but that may be the truth, but it could also make the average naïve person think well if there's that many damn people then I'm sure someone else won. But NIKETALK always knows someone that won or won, always. **** Bait. Really. I'm sending an email without swear words to corporate in the AM. Atleast maybe for the next release they will be a little more apprehensive I just don't think they understand for a lot of us this is like winning the lottery, this is a big deal, I don't even live in downtown Seattle I live by the airport, most of us are checking are email periodically every 10 minutes throughout the entire damn day. But I guess they could be making some invoices for their homey's too. They need to videotape the process. The only sneaker place I've ever been to that's 100% legit is house of hoops in south center mall and that's because the manager knows how it feels, he has no sense of entitlement and he's a regular OG sneaker head. I've seen him more than a few times be upset because he cant pick up if shoe he wants. But this is ********

HOH or Barneys should've gotten them instead i dont get why adidas chose boutiques over bigger retailers.

^^^ he's right. It's the quick flip. Most people don't have a stock room of kicks and capital to be able to sit on gear for months till the market drives the price up. My personal opinion is if you're not gonna wear it within a week of buying it then flip it the day of the release. Usually the highest prices.

For instance(different market) got the Ronaldinho r10 "touch of gold cleats" 1/3000 and we know how big Ronaldinho is worldwide. That day there were going for up to 700 retail is 300. I barely play ball anymore. And those cleats are so nice I doubt I'll ever wear them. In retrospect shoulda flipped them. The price drops on MOST sneakers these days cause a limited edition of SOMETHING drops every week now.

why so much detail on flipping kicks. Unless something crazy happens to sneaker industry or economy these will dip when people get online shipments in and then rise like all the rest of them

anyone whose owned yeezys in the past knows the value is going to go up. So people are or should be smarter by now to hold on to it and get extra money. I'm sure people can flip other stuff in the mean time and have these in the closet build up value over time. There are people who flip so much that they don't care to sit on shoes, they just unload it for quick cash and move on but thats not a majority of people. The people doing that are the reason why prices dip right after release. Once these people off for a quick flip, it's nothing but those closet hoarders for more value. And as the usual pattern goes, prices do go up overtime, at which case, some sellers flip them then. 

People who don't understand this are probably people who have never sold anything or not anything profitable 

holy crap just check my ADC order status and it shipped. Order at like 10:50 am (15 mins after the sold out tweet)

nthat.gif
big shoutout to dude who posted those links 

anyone whose owned yeezys in the past knows the value is going to go up. So people are or should be smarter by now to hold on to it and get extra money. I'm sure people can flip other stuff in the mean time and have these in the closet build up value over time. There are people who flip so much that they don't care to sit on shoes, they just unload it for quick cash and move on but thats not a majority of people. The people doing that are the reason why prices dip right after release. Once these people off for a quick flip, it's nothing but those closet hoarders for more value. And as the usual pattern goes, prices do go up overtime, at which case, some sellers flip them then. 

People who don't understand this are probably people who have never sold anything or not anything profitable 
Yep, just look at the Yeezy 1.... My size is going for about 3.5k-5k

Adidas is smart about it. Not making the same mistake Nike made. Release every few months. Keep numbers kinda low. Keeps prices rising. Keeps hype up. Jordan and Nike played themselves. They're still making money but finally we saw a release with the 72-10 and the maroons where they don't sel out and they're sitting for retail.

Adidas is smart about it. Not making the same mistake Nike made. Release every few months. Keep numbers kinda low. Keeps prices rising. Keeps hype up. Jordan and Nike played themselves. They're still making money but finally we saw a release with the 72-10 and the maroons where they don't sel out and they're sitting for retail.
roll.gif

Last edited:
Anyone use a SUCCESSFUL ATC for the 750s? Want to use one on the Tans since I'll be working, DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom