ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOH or Barneys should've gotten them instead i dont get why adidas chose boutiques over bigger retailers.
Your 100% right. I didn't really expect to win to be honest. But if I had no hope from the get-go and I drove all the way down there paid for parking, etc **** I would've had more respect for the employees saying hey man the sneakers are worth a couple grand of course I'm going to hustle them, don't even waste your time. But you're right for the most part-the larger the corporation/store/whatever the more people that are looking over your shoulder & the less likely something like this is going to happen. But hipsters that would do anything for these kicks in the first place and (if) they just happen have a manager in compliance at small boutique store, I'm sure it's relatively easy. But someplace like Barney's I'm sure there's a good amount of paperwork also I'm sure you're dealing with some employees that really don't want the shoes/ or aware of the hype & Price that goes with them
While you're correct, unless Bait SD is lying, they never even had the shoes in store. From what I gathered, it was "corporate" who handled the drawing and why we registered on the site. The thing that struck me as really peculiar is, after Bait Tweeted the raffle, a few hours later, I couldn't find it in their feed. I checked again today and still couldn't find it ... I mean, I could have over looked, but ...

Triple White 750s would destroy adidas' servers for life.
In before the questions on how to wash them 
laugh.gif

"Who? I only know NIKE... LIFETIME"

Adidas isn't hurting Nike, get your head out the clouds. 

Last edited:
Adidas yeezys will never reach Y2 numbers (solar/RO).

And that picture up there is all lighting.

I know whoever bought my pair is gonna be mad at the glue stains and inconsistent suede on the shoe.

There's 3 more 350s coming...people are gonna have options which should bring down resell on most except TD (being it was the first)

72-10 was a fake sellout. Regardless, you're right and Nike will remain king well into our lifetimes. Adidas has been blessing us with some fine stuff, but there some people in here who are smart enough to realize they have a ton of catching up to do. Mostly it's kids who are completely clueless and think 6 months of being hot equates to Adidas taking over the market . The average Joe couldn't give 2 5h1ts about Ultra Boost or even know who Kanye is for that matter. Nearly everyone around the world know who Michael Jordan and what Nike Air is. 
you are on point on everything except that people actually know who kanye is wether its from his antics, that vma speech, taylor incident, or being married to a kardashian, average joe might not care about yeezys or adidas, but everyone knows who kanye and kim is lol
Never owned a pair of 750s but I'm looking to buy the triple blacks. How's the sizing and fit of the 750s? Thanks
rip

72-10 was a fake sellout. Regardless, you're right and Nike will remain king well into our lifetimes. Adidas has been blessing us with some fine stuff, but there some people in here who are smart enough to realize they have a ton of catching up to do. Mostly it's kids who are completely clueless and think 6 months of being hot equates to Adidas taking over the market . The average Joe couldn't give 2 5h1ts about Ultra Boost or even know who Kanye is for that matter. Nearly everyone around the world know who Michael Jordan and what Nike Air is. 
I don't know if the 72-10's were a fake sell out but it was very successful and pleasant not to have had a release like the 750 boosts were everyone was happy to have copped. I don't think you realize that Nike came out with a substantial amount of pairs because of the back lash of all the shooting robberies, bullying, etc. by the media. having a small amount of sneakers causing envy "must have" that you'll do anything to get them if you cannot afford them. if I recall, there was news and a documentary about sneakers transactions that involve killings for the last 3 years. adidas has turned the corner but it will take Nike to be ignorant in order for them to lose their dominance in the sneaker market. They haven't really won anything because most people are reselling them then actually wearing them for the profit

Last edited:
I'm just seeing the tail end of the conversation but financially Adidas didn't see that big of a bump from the presence of Kanye. And that's because of getting the brand off the ground, logistics. And because of how limited the shoe is it isn't bringing in that much of a profit- if you're only selling 10,000 pairs of a shoe that doesn't compare to 500,000 aqua eights for example. Also off the top your head name how many classic Adidas models come to you that didn't come out in the last six months (nor involve soccer) I can think of three or four. With Nike I'm in the hundreds. I can't wait for Nike to start retroing early KD and LeBron releases. I think I even heard an economist say something like Adidas is more concerned about the "Kanye effect" like what happened to the ultra boost (after he wore them) and they're not all that concerned about making money off of exclusive Kanye releases. If I were them I would a production on 350s to at least a couple hundred thousand and leave the 750s around 25,000

Last edited:

you are on point on everything except that people actually know who kanye is wether its from his antics, that vma speech, taylor incident, or being married to a kardashian, average joe might not care about yeezys or adidas, but everyone knows who kanye and kim is lol
Never owned a pair of 750s but I'm looking to buy the triple blacks. How's the sizing and fit of the 750s? Thanks
rip
Meh. Maybe the yougerish crowd. Grandma and grandpa don't give a damn, but they probably  know who MJ is and most likely what Nike Air is. They and a lot of the world don't know or care about Kim, Kanye, or Supreme. Grandpa is about that velcro life and old man shoes. Word to New Balance and Blue Blockers 
laugh.gif

As an example, I'm 38, moms is 55. She would look at you crazy if you asked her who Kanye is; however, I'm sure she's heard of Kim. 

Last edited:
They're still making money, but they played themselves?

I'm saying what really drives the market is the hype. U don't have sold out sneakers anymore the hype goes away. I know you guys see that there's been a couture shift from Nike to adidas in the past year. Big time. Hugeeeee shift. They're always gonna make money... It's Nike. But they could honestly have made so much more over time if they'd don't the releases right. They force fed us for the past 5 years and now the hypes gone. If adidas drops a new one twice a month it loses its exclusivity... People can't keep up etc. best thing to do is space out the releases. Drop semi limited numbers. Make sureeee they sell out and that way you keep people coming back for more. If these triple blacks were all over nobody would want them anymore. Sad as that is its the truth.

The hype ensures the longevity of the brand. They're setting themselves up for succes. I'm not saying adidas wil ever touch Nike. We all know that's not gonna happen. But they can steal a decent market share by doing it how they've been doing it.

Last edited:
I'm saying what really drives the market is the hype. U don't have sold out sneakers anymore the hype goes away. I know you guys see that there's been a couture shift from Nike to adidas in the past year. Big time. Hugeeeee shift. They're always gonna make money... It's Nike. But they could honestly have made so much more over time if they'd don't the releases right. They force fed us for the past 5 years and now the hypes gone. If adidas drops a new one twice a month it loses its exclusivity... People can't keep up etc. best thing to do is space out the releases. Drop semi limited numbers. Make sureeee they sell out and that way you keep people coming back for more. If these triple blacks were all over nobody would want them anymore. Sad as that is its the truth.
what shift...the trend hoppers who post UBs on their feeds?

When I go to any retail spot...there's 90% Nike/JB and a small space for the other brands.

Last time I checked...there's no Ye-Footaction, but there's a Flight 23. There's no house of Ye, but there's a house hoops dedicated to 99% Nike.

People who have always been into Js still buy Js and will continue to buy Js.

is this a serious post?

Can't take any of your post serious.

You're asking for peoples help if you should sell now, what is the price of this pair, should I do this trade.

You can't think for yourself?

Do you need to hold hands while crossing the street or need help using the bathroom?

I'm assuming you're an adult? Make you own decisions.

But I could be wrong, you could be a teenager or still in diapers and that would make sense.

Last edited:

They're still making money, but they played themselves?

The hype ensures the longevity of the brand. They're setting themselves up for succes. I'm not saying adidas wil ever touch Nike. We all know that's not gonna happen. But they can steal a decent market share by doing it how they've been doing it.
Adidas got a couture line now?? Coincidentally (did I spell that correctly or is it with a "Q"?) I was looking for some couture shoes ...
I"m messing with you lol

Insane to fathom how much money Nike makes to give this man a lifetime deal when his shoes don't do well at retail.
Lebrons are successful. Yea they don't sell out but wait 10 years later. Jordan's did the same thing but now sell out instantly

Drives what market? the resale market? Nike makes tons of dough off stuff like Air Monarchs and outlet Frees. This hype stuff is such a small drop in the bucket to them, GS KDs bring in more money than Kanye releases. Nike has the biggest footprint in the retro/hype market that isn't gonna die just because some dudes will follow Kanye wherever he goes. Nike did not need Kanye, Adidas does.

That's kind of why I want to see how a general release Yeezy would do. Kanye's influence is strong, but how strong is it? The question is irrelevant at the end of the day since we'll never see a general release Yeezy. 
Agree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom