ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I even have to say this, as it should be patently obvious and self-explanatory, but counterfeit products are illegal and they are NOT to be promoted or discussed on our forums.  

We have price/fake checks forums and similar resources to help people AVOID being tricked into buying illegitimate products.  Anyone actually LOOKING to purchase illicit merchandise needs to take that nonsense someplace else.  

We are NOT having that here.  

If you see someone attempting to justify or encourage the purchase of fake shoes, hit the report button and bring it to the staff's attention so that we may promptly remove those individuals from the discussion.  

All this talk is nonsense.

It's like anything in life. Fancy homes, cars, vacations, etc. Sneakers are no different.

You either have the money to spend or you don't. End of discussion. You can't afford it, move on. Sorry to be so blunt but it is what it is. Work hard, play hard. No need to justify anything.
this isn't about fancy cars, vacations or homes, this is about a culture that is being raped by people bc its the 'cool thing'. when you pay 1500$ for a 1500$ louis vuitton bag people may complain about the price but they still buy it. this is about 100$ sneakers that are being re sold for 1000-2000$. if you don't see the ******ation in that then I'm sorry. people are letting hype and 'elitism' run their lives. no you aren't cool bc you have a pair of limited sneakers sitting in your closet sorry to break it to you

Reactions: God
People spend 1000's of dollars on designer stuff daily. Women spend 1,000 up to 20,000 for handbags. If you really wants something and you have the money then buy it.. You only live once and you can't take the money to your grave..
designer stuff box price is in the thousands. sneakers box prices are 150-(yeezy boost)350 that are being sold for 1000-3000 THAT MAKES NO SENSE. the greed of people too actually make no sense, i will tell you where i drew the line

boosts come out valentines weekend in nyc automatically go up on ebay/twitter/ig by people that want 1200$ i automatically offer numerous people 700 and i don't give a **** what you broke people say DOUBLE BOX PRICE is fair, i mean in sneaker world terms it is, in real life people will think you are stupid but anyway everyone told me no. i offered to come to wherever they were with cash immediately no questions but the greed in them they wanted that extra 500. whatever no use in crying over spilled milk. fast forward to 2 weeks ago i really want frag 1s. once again go on eBay and message a bunch of sellers, these are going for 850+. i offer an astronomical price of 500$ for 165$ sneakers and i get 'lol yeah right' from all these sellers, one guy even had the balls to be like well i sold 5 pairs this week for 850+ which i replied thats nice. now if you don't see the problem in this then i can't help you

designer stuff box price is in the thousands. sneakers box prices are 150-(yeezy boost)350 that are being sold for 1000-3000 THAT MAKES NO SENSE. the greed of people too actually make no sense, i will tell you where i drew the line

boosts come out valentines weekend in nyc automatically go up on ebay/twitter/ig by people that want 1200$ i automatically offer numerous people 700 and i don't give a **** what you broke people say DOUBLE BOX PRICE is fair, i mean in sneaker world terms it is, in real life people will think you are stupid but anyway everyone told me no. i offered to come to wherever they were with cash immediately no questions but the greed in them they wanted that extra 500. whatever no use in crying over spilled milk. fast forward to 2 weeks ago i really want frag 1s. once again go on eBay and message a bunch of sellers, these are going for 850+. i offer an astronomical price of 500$ for 165$ sneakers and i get 'lol yeah right' from all these sellers, one guy even had the balls to be like well i sold 5 pairs this week for 850+ which i replied thats nice. now if you don't see the problem in this then i can't help you
I don't really see how that's greed. They're resellers. They're not selling shoes to appease to your lowball offers just because you think it's reasonable. You know that's not the way it works.

You make it seem like your offer was within 50 dollars of their asking price and they were being greedy holding out for 50 bucks. A $500 difference isn't even in the same ball park.

I don't really see how that's greed. They're resellers. They're not selling shoes to appease to your lowball offers just because you think it's reasonable. You know that's not the way it works.

You make it seem like your offer was within 50 dollars of their asking price and they were being greedy holding out for 50 bucks. A $500 difference isn't even in the same ball park.

Repped! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Repped! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Maybe you don't get it but if you are willing to pay double for something Inthink that's pretty reasonable. Once again I'm explaining my point. You are letting greedy resellers run the market. People with no love for this. Whatever I'm done in his thread no one understands at all what I'm trying to say

I think it is time for some of us to take a break from this thread. I know I am. I can feel the frustration oozing out of the screen. It is understandable, I am tired of these types of releases too. To many paying more than retail is out of the question and it doesn't have to always be about how much your annual income is, sometimes it is the principle. When sneakers became a mainstream collectable, and the "gotta catch them all" attitude grew then that is when resell really got ugly. At the same time a person like me couldn't have the sneakers they really want without the resale market due to the region they live in. My Finishline didn't even get the white/red low top AJ1 yesterday if that tells you anything....so it is a double edged sword when the topic of resale is concerned. A necessary evil. The MSRP is irrelevant. With any collectible product the rarity and supply and demand will dictate the resale price. You can argue that simple plastic and leather isn't worth over 1k when the box says $250, but that can be argued about any collectible culture. A rare action figure is still just a piece of plastic, a comic book or card is just paper, but people still pay way over the MSRP for them.

GUYS,
SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO REVIEW THE RULES OF THE SITE AGAIN. BEYOND THE FAKES THAT METH HAS ALREADY ADDRESSED, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSIFIED SECTION. PERIOD.

STOP WITH THE SLICK ATTEMPTS ALSO.

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO BECOME A CONSTANT PRESENCE IN HERE.

I can't believe I even have to say this, as it should be patently obvious and self-explanatory, but counterfeit products are illegal and they are NOT to be promoted or discussed on our forums.  

We have price/fake checks forums and similar resources to help people AVOID being tricked into buying illegitimate products.  Anyone actually LOOKING to purchase illicit merchandise needs to take that nonsense someplace else.  

We are NOT having that here.  

If you see someone attempting to justify or encourage the purchase of fake shoes, hit the report button and bring it to the staff's attention so that we may promptly remove those individuals from the discussion.  

GUYS,
SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO REVIEW THE RULES OF THE SITE AGAIN. BEYOND THE FAKES THAT METH HAS ALREADY ADDRESSED, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSIFIED SECTION. PERIOD.

STOP WITH THE SLICK ATTEMPTS ALSO.

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO BECOME A CONSTANT PRESENCE IN HERE.

thanks and thanks

this isn't about fancy cars, vacations or homes, this is about a culture that is being by people bc its the 'cool thing'. when you pay 1500$ for a 1500$ louis vuitton bag people may complain about the price but they still buy it. this is about 100$ sneakers that are being re sold for 1000-2000$. if you don't see the ******ation in that then I'm sorry. people are letting hype and 'elitism' run their lives. no you aren't cool bc you have a pair of limited sneakers sitting in your closet sorry to break it to you
THIS RIGHT HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
"RAPED" is a bad term to use. Nothing is force about spending your money on a pair of shoes you don't need. Same dudes complaining got pairs sitting in their closet now that they probably haven't worn in several months or haven't worn ever. It's just one shoe . You miss out move on. :tongue: .

"RAPED" is a bad term to use. Nothing is force about spending your money on a pair of shoes you don't need. Same dudes complaining got pairs sitting in their closet now that they probably haven't worn in several months or haven't worn ever. It's just one shoe . You miss out move on.
tongue.gif
It's also against our rules for that very reason:  Using the word 'rape' to describe resale prices is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Maybe you don't get it but if you are willing to pay double for something Inthink that's pretty reasonable. Once again I'm explaining my point. You are letting greedy resellers run the market. People with no love for this. Whatever I'm done in his thread no one understands at all what I'm trying to say
It's not reasonable if they are flying at triple the price. And 500 for fragments is disrespectful, at least lowball at 650 :lol:

I get what you are trying to say.
ITT: Some people don't understand the concept of supply and demand. Or they do and they're just sore as hell.
Some people don't understand that the consumer controls the resale price by not spending over a certain amount.

Over in the ZX Flux Xeno thread we had cats willing to be baked on that resale price because they weren't patient.

All of us who did our homework cooked and ate.  It was a difficult and sporadic release, but not impossible.

For example:

If you saw this on ebay

with the asking price for $2000.  How would you respond?  Why would you respond that way?

It's a limited release.  It's a collab.  The quality is better than anything Jordan or Nike has put out in years.

So why is the resale value so low?

The consumers determined the true value of the shoe not the reseller.

Anything with Nike, Jordan, or Yeezy attached to it will automatically be hyped by resellers who also influence social media.

Resellers also control supply by buying up stock and being supplied out the back door

Basically resellers are brainwashing consumers into believing they need to spend astronomical amounts of money to obtain a certain product, when they really don't.

All consumers have to do is say "I'm not cooking today" "I guess I'll eat out for awhile"

That product will sit like stale bread in a bakery and like magic the price will decline.

No one has to get baked on resale, but people choose to get baked to stunt.

Or they get baked because of the fear of missing a hot release.

What it boils down to is if the consumers actually used their brains no one would have to get baked...ever.

I get what you are trying to say.

Some people don't understand that the consumer controls the resale price by not spending over a certain amount.

Over in the ZX Flux Xeno thread we had cats willing to be baked on that resale price because they weren't patient.

All of us who did our homework cooked and ate.  It was a difficult and sporadic release, but not impossible.

For example:

If you saw this on ebay
View media item 1468244

with the asking price for $2000.  How would you respond?  Why would you respond that way?

It's a limited release.  It's a collab.  The quality is better than anything Jordan or Nike has put out in years.

So why is the resale value so low?

The consumers determined the true value of the shoe not the reseller.

Anything with Nike, Jordan, or Yeezy attached to it will automatically be hyped by resellers who also influence social media.

Resellers also control supply by buying up stock and being supplied out the back door

Basically resellers are brainwashing consumers into believing they need to spend astronomical amounts of money to obtain a certain product, when they really don't.

All consumers have to do is say "I'm not cooking today" "I guess I'll eat out for awhile"

That product will sit like stale bread in a bakery and like magic the price will decline.

No one has to get baked on resale, but people choose to get baked to stunt.

Or they get baked because of the fear of missing a hot release.

What it boils down to is if the consumers actually used their brains no one would have to get baked...ever.

Consumers determine the true value of the shoe how.. in regards to hype? Those who control the inventory control the value.. and that value goes up with 'hype.' I see what you're saying, but unfortunately there will always be someone/somewhere willing to pay whatever the asking price is, even more-so if the item is limited/exclusive. The supply is small, the demand is great. The item is hyped and realistically speaking the prices won't drop unless we get hit with another wave.. and who knows, they might not even drop at that point.. especially with such a hyped release as this. Your're not dealing with an average sneaker release here.. you're dealing with a very limited shoe that crosses multiple boundaries in regards to it's target audience. Just wait till the Mags drop.. it's gonna be a madhouse.

Last edited:
It varies person to person. These can sell for 20k, but you ain't gonna convince me they worth over 400 :lol:

Once you get some perspective you realize how stupid a lot of this sneaker thinking is....took me awhile to really get it. But if your the seller hype through the roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom