ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
adidas could have just applied what they always did with their Y-3 line to the Kanye collab and all would be fine. Keep the price point at $350 and have periodic restocks. They obviously won't flood the market, but there would still be some sense of 'exclusiveness' and people who wanted to cop could do so at retail.

Adidas is not very smart when it comes to the U.S market considering this is the market they are the weakest in. I work in supply chain so my perspective will come from a business stand point. Adidas lost a minimum of 300% of their potential profit margins by pricing the shoes too low and limiting the shoes to too low of a number (in the U.S. only, they are fine to do this in other markets as they are strong enough that it doesn't matter). If I was on the board of directors I would be looking to fire someone, you have resellers walking away with money that should be in the companies pockets. If I know people are going to give their first born to get anything that says Yeezy I would have at least made the shoe $1,000 and increased production to probably 200,000 in the U.S.

Lol you have no idea what you're talking about, you must work in the supply chain mail room

If I know people are going to give their first born to get anything that says Yeezy I would have at least made the shoe $1,000 and increased production to probably 200,000 in the U.S.
Only a small number of people are currently paying above $1,000 for these. You seriously think 200,000 people (in the US only too) would shell out that much to buy a pair of shoes?

He got his little fashion show with his future homeless gear. I'm beginning to think that is all he wanted. Did he just hear royalties and clothing line and tune out the rest? How could he not have known his line was going to be the same limited song and dance? All that "game changing" bravado only made him look like a simple fool that is totally clueless about his own business venture. Makes you wonder who he has around him handling the business side as it is obvious Kanye West is only the product. You are telling me he wasn't aware of his numbers until AFTER the first wave of the 750? He was giving away shoes left and right claiming "don't worry everybody gonna get Yeezys, Adidas promised me that." Oh, did they? I believe Paul Gaudio over Kanye West.

NIKE gotta be laughing right now. Kanye should have just admitted from the jump the deal, or better yet not say ANYTHING about numbers, especially if he was clueless about them. Hopefully his experience has humbled him a little bit. I doubt it though. All hail Yeezus the false profit, fueling elitism since 2009.

Check the calender bruh... what day is it? You just got "fooled"

A lot of people also falling for that "YEEZYJET" news... lmfao
roll.gif
Can someone tell me what today is?
embarassed.gif

that and people have different definitions of what reselling is. The reality is if you ever sold a sneaker at a profit or loss (or really anything for that matter) you are a reseller. The guy who keeps everything they like but sells the one ultra hyped release (like this one) to pay for it all is also a reseller. Not a big deal at all except on here.

Man, you getting defensive?? :lol: I Wasnt even coming for you like that.

Man, you getting defensive?? :lol: I Wasnt even coming for you like that.
Like I said not a big deal at all, just people barraging threads like this complaining about resell when it's not that's serious. Writing essays telling people how to spend their money, analyzing peoples entire lives etc.

Like I said not a big deal at all, just people barraging threads like this complaining about resell when it's not that's serious. Writing essays telling people how to spend their money, analyzing peoples entire lives etc.
Ill keep saying this until Im blue in the face or until it gets through to someone.  I complain about resell all the time, and let me capitalize this, ITS NOT BECAUSE I CARE HOW ANOTHER MAN SPENDS HIS MONEY.

That other man spending his money on resell and allowing resellers to flourish is screwing up the game for everybody.  That other man can literally burn his cash in a fire pit and I wouldn't care one little bit.  But that other man supporting resellers, who eat up all the product on release day and then turn around and flip it for outrageous amounts is what I hate because it affects ME.  Is it that serious, to someone who has seen this sneaker world turn into crap because of this yes it is.  In the big scheme of things youre right its not and I don't lose sleep over it.

Im just getting sick of everyone thinking and using the same old excuse of stop worrying about another mans pockets.  The people who say this are the people who don't understand and are the new age wannabe shoe game reseller hustlers.

Adidas is not very smart when it comes to the U.S market considering this is the market they are the weakest in. I work in supply chain so my perspective will come from a business stand point. Adidas lost a minimum of 300% of their potential profit margins by pricing the shoes too low and limiting the shoes to too low of a number (in the U.S. only, they are fine to do this in other markets as they are strong enough that it doesn't matter). If I was on the board of directors I would be looking to fire someone, you have resellers walking away with money that should be in the companies pockets. If I know people are going to give their first born to get anything that says Yeezy I would have at least made the shoe $1,000 and increased production to probably 200,000 in the U.S.
$1000 retail and 200,000 units? I would be sitting back waiting for them to hit Ross discount lol

It definately seems like they are quenching pharrell's fans thirst with product. This fool has every color in the rainbow dropping in different models. But ye is constantly marginalized. Adidas has to be smarter than this. Pharrell aint moving product like ye. But seems like they are going above and beyond releasing product with pharrells name

Yall defend dude to high heavens and make him out to be some messiah when we all know damn well after all these years in the music business with the grimiest and most money grubbing contracts known to man, that he'd not randomly sign with adidas and go, so man what are we doing. 

Last edited:

Ill keep saying this until Im blue in the face or until it gets through to someone.  I complain about resell all the time, and let me capitalize this, ITS NOT BECAUSE I CARE HOW ANOTHER MAN SPENDS HIS MONEY.

That other man spending his money on resell and allowing resellers to flourish is screwing up the game for everybody.  That other man can literally burn his cash in a fire pit and I wouldn't care one little bit.  But that other man supporting resellers, who eat up all the product on release day and then turn around and flip it for outrageous amounts is what I hate because it affects ME.  Is it that serious, to someone who has seen this sneaker world turn into crap because of this yes it is.  In the big scheme of things youre right its not and I don't lose sleep over it.

Im just getting sick of everyone thinking and using the same old excuse of stop worrying about another mans pockets.  The people who say this are the people who don't understand and are the new age wannabe shoe game reseller hustlers.
Amen.

They understand believe me they do. 

They have to play naive because it's  their hustle.

When retail prices hit $300 for all retro models that's when the reseller will be squeezed out.

It's just a matter of time because  Jordan brand does a price increase every year.

adidas could have just applied what they always did with their Y-3 line to the Kanye collab and all would be fine. Keep the price point at $350 and have periodic restocks. They obviously won't flood the market, but there would still be some sense of 'exclusiveness' and people who wanted to cop could do so at retail.
who said that WASNT happening??

Amen.

They understand believe me they do. 

They have to play naive because it's  their hustle.

When retail prices hit $300 for all retro models that's when the reseller will be squeezed out.

It's just a matter of time because  Jordan brand does a price increase every year.

What?

It definately seems like they are quenching pharrell's fans thirst with product. This fool has every color in the rainbow dropping in different models. But ye is constantly marginalized. Adidas has to be smarter than this. Pharrell aint moving product like ye. But seems like they are going above and beyond releasing product with pharrells name
You do know that Pharell is only throwing color ways and materials on Adidas Original products (stab smiths, adidas tack jackets, shell toes) right? Kanye is actually designing his own SNEAKER and CLOTHING. Example, Adidas track jacket, Pharell throws on what color ways to drop in his name and materials, Adidas handles price point and marketing goes 80/20. Same goes with the Stan Smiths and Superstar's that they drop with his name attached to it. Kanye is a whole other platform, kinda in the Rick Owens, Jeremy Scott platform with Adidas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom