ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know that Pharell is only throwing color ways and materials on Adidas Original products (stab smiths, adidas tack jackets, shell toes) right? Kanye is actually designing his own SNEAKER and CLOTHING. Example, Adidas track jacket, Pharell throws on what color ways to drop in his name and materials, Adidas handles price point and marketing goes 80/20. Same goes with the Stan Smiths and Superstar's that they drop with his name attached to it. Kanye is a whole other platform, kinda in the Rick Owens, Jeremy Scott platform with Adidas.
The point im making is they should put that much effort and energy into putting out yes product. I didnt mention anything about him designing anything. If they can put that much effort and energy onto pumping out pharrells product surely they can make MORE of kanyes product to supply the demand.

I guess the kanye stans are out on full effect again LMAO. "Kanye is on a whole nother platform"  sometimes i think some stans would marry kanye if they could. I bet some people in this thread wish they could swap places with Kim K lol

Last edited:
In Atlanta the remastered retros are not moving as fast as they usually do.

Employees here are saying people are really turned off by the price. (quality is another issue too)

It's tax season and releases are sitting?

My thought process is pretty soon Jordan brand will price out the normal consumer

and mostly enthusiast will buy retros at that price.

Demand will fall and supply will increase.

Wouldn't that squeeze out resellers?

This is all theoretical thinking.  Anything could happen.

I use to buy retros, mostly models 1-4.

Recently the price, quality, and hassle to acquire them has completely turned me off.

If I see a nice colorway I get excited, but then I think about the hoops I must jump through and just move on.

If anything, it should spur him to create his own brand so he can have total control since these larger brands are just using him in a way he says he doesn't approve.
Cue the recent news of Kanye purchasing Karmaloop.. there's your distribution point.

Employees here are saying people are really turned off by the price. (quality is another issue too)

My thought process is pretty soon Jordan brand will price out the normal consumer

Recently the price, quality, and hassle to acquire them has completely turned me off.

If I see a nice colorway I get excited, but then I think about the hoops I must jump through and just move on.
Understandable. All the extra crap just makes me look at other companies instead of chasing rainbows with yeezy releases

I guess the kanye stans are out on full effect again LMAO. "Kanye is on a whole nother platform"  sometimes i think some stans would marry kanye if they could. I bet some people in this thread wish they could swap places with Kim K lol
if you disagree with me you are a kanye stan

Why even be in a thread about his shoe if you don't **** wit Ye?

liking a shoe he made is different from making him sound like he is the second coming. Some folks in here make him out to be this mastermind genius or something. He made some nice shoes but thats it bro. Some on here are clearly kim k wannabes LOL. I **** with ye but some in here take it to the extreme period.

Last edited:

The point im making is they should put that much effort and energy into putting out yes product. I didnt mention anything about him designing anything. If they can put that much effort and energy onto pumping out pharrells product surely they can make MORE of kanyes product to supply the demand.
Its not Pharells product thought.  Its his colorways sitting on top of an already established line like the Stan Smiths.

My issue with people worrying about the 'speed' which jordans move at.

Are you guys sure they aren't just producing more so it looks like their sitting but their responding to high demand by selling more, all its doing to me is showing people who bought shoes just because their sought after.

A shoe sitting is a good thing.

it Shouldn't be normal that people can only buy something the literal hour it comes out. 

Why should the shoe being MORE easily available, priced higher but not resale higher, while trying to be true to original silhouettes, make the shoe less wanted?

Lol you have no idea what you're talking about, you must work in the supply chain mail room
Nope. People are paying $2,000-$5,000 for these shoes. They could have easily sold them at $1,000 and even then you would still have resellers buying them up and flipping them.

Last edited:

Nope. People are paying $2,000-$5,000 for these shoes. They could have easily sold them at $1,000 and even then you would still have resellers buying them up and flipping them.
Don't put your life on it cause your logic is flawed.  The amount of shoes released based on estimates we have taken is about 2,000.  If you think they would move 200,000 units at $1,000 a piece then you're crazy.  But Im sure Adidas thought about it and said 200,000 x $1,000 a piece.. na we don't want to make $200,000,000 off this shoe lol

Don't put your life on it cause your logic is flawed.  The amount of shoes released based on estimates we have taken is about 2,000.  If you think they would move 200,000 units at $1,000 a piece then you're crazy.  But Im sure Adidas thought about it and said 200,000 x $1,000 a piece.. na we don't want to make $200,000,000 off this shoe lol
You're entitled to your opinion. But like I said, based on these selling at $2,000-$5,000 and his previous track record, it wouldn't be an issue for them to sell at $1,000. A good portion of the 200,000 would be resellers purchasing them which would keep the stock dwindling down. And people are forgetting about the kids of rich parents where this is no big deal. Just because you wouldn't pay that price doesn't mean they wouldn't sell. For some people this is a walk in the park. 200,000 is not a huge number when you take in all the factors. These shoes would not have sat on the shelves if they were $1,000. People pay >$1,000 for a phone and will most certainly pay that for shoes, purses, etc...anything that has to do with fashion. If you think resellers would miss out on a chance to make money and skip these, you're crazy. They control the market.

Last edited:

Why should the shoe being MORE easily available, priced higher but not resale higher, while trying to be true to original silhouettes, make the shoe less wanted?
Being more easily available is what everyone wants.

Priced higher is what no one wants, but is willing to deal with if the quality was there.

The remastered molds look good, but the quality of the materials are still off on some releases.

At the current price point we should be getting both remastered shoes with high quality materials.

The Black Red low 1 was a good example of getting the mold right, but the material was still off.

The leather was stiff compared to the remastered Laser 1 that just had released.

I was expecting banned quality leather which is what I can get on  many Adidas and Puma lows designed for tennis.

Last edited:
Ehhhh the argument can go on forever because of different types of consumers.
Keep it limited - group A that likes exclusive
Make them super GR - group B that wants the ease of purchase
Raise the price to make them harder to get - group A
Keep the prices reasonable - group B
group X - will have no matter what

I personally like the look of them with the white/natural colored sole and lace accents there.

I checked out of giving a damn about these because they were next to impossible to get in Chicago and paying resell was entirely out of the question.

If the blacks release as pictured above, I'm back in the quest for a pair.

I personally like the look of them with the white/natural colored sole and lace accents there.

I checked out of giving a damn about these because they were next to impossible to get in Chicago anywhere and paying resell was entirely out of the question.

If the blacks release as pictured above, I'm back in the quest for a pair.

agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom