ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flyknit and tech fleece brings in soooo much money for Nike and is the newest thing from them to be a big hit.

Roshe birthed the flux and tubulars

Adidas is being outsold by UA. Nike don't care about no Kanye or Adidas.

My thing is that if Nike restocks the Yeezys, retros the Yeezys, or make them available on Nike ID that they might win the battle, but they will eventually need to start creating new **** to compete with Kanye to win the war.
Kanye isn't even in this war.  Nike makes about 15 times the profit that Adidas does, and Kanye will not come anywhere near bridging that gap. 

To the shoe - I like em.  I think a lot of folks in here aren't too impressed because the colorway is very neutral.  Throw a wild colorway at this model, and this place will explode.
Haha. Nike couldn't care less about Kanye. He adds to the hype, but it's not like they were the ones charging $5K for these things. Ye won't turn the tide. Like you said, Nike is light years ahead of 3 stripes in terms of profit. That's not to say I don't like some Adidas gear, because I do, but if I could only pick one brand the rest of my life? Nike, and it's not even close. And I'm far from a brand loyalist when it comes to shoes. I have Asics, Diadora, Adidas, Saucony, New Balance, and Reebok just to name a few.

Last edited:

Kanye isn't even in this war.  Nike makes about 15 times the profit that Adidas does, and Kanye will not come anywhere near bridging that gap. 

To the shoe - I like em.  I think a lot of folks in here aren't too impressed because the colorway is very neutral.  Throw a wild colorway at this model, and this place will explode.
I don't think Nike and Adidas are fighting over where their companies are now but where they are going in the future. Nike and Adidas will always be rooted in sports and athletic apparel but the overall fashion industry is too profitable to ignore and the market for apparel that blends athleticism with regular wear is growing. Also, menswear is growing at a much faster clip than womenswear. So, Adidas getting Kanye, arguably the most influential American in men's fashion save Ralph Lauren, is a coup. 

Dudes wearing capris now? This is a joke right?

Yeezy Boost would've made these fits 10x more immaculate
Cam looking a little Zesty there 
roll.gif

Flyknit and tech fleece brings in soooo much money for Nike and is the newest thing from them to be a big hit.

Roshe did NOT Birth the TUbular or zx flux
mean.gif

that reach
sick.gif

Last edited:

I don't think Nike and Adidas are fighting over where their companies are now but where they are going in the future. Nike and Adidas will always be rooted in sports and athletic apparel but the overall fashion industry is too profitable to ignore and the market for apparel that blends athleticism with regular wear is growing. Also, menswear is growing at a much faster clip than womenswear. So, Adidas getting Kanye, arguably the most influential American in men's fashion save Ralph Lauren, is a coup. 
They have a mountain ahead of them if they are going to try to brand their company as a fashion house.  Adidas is synonymous with athletic apparel, and changing that is something that Kanye cant help them with.

I'm a Ye fan, I like his music, I like the guy even though I think he is misunderstood, and I like his shoes but you are giving him way too much credit

Last edited:

Are you saying Ye saved Ralph?

Collar of these joints fit like swimtrunks. You gotta zip the side and tie it hella tight for it to have any form at all. Bunz. Wonder why everyone that's wearing them is wearing them with black parts, leather or jeans and black tops. Ye's idea or its wjat ye stepped out in 1st and these followers cant come up with literally ANYTHING else.

when people bring up RESTOCKS or GRs it makes no sense, nothing nike has done with kanye points to them wanting to make money 

they treat the yeezy's like a bastard child, a side project they promised to get over with but they really didn't want to do or need to make

at no point did they show intentions of making substantial money off them or making "air yeezy" into a brand, much to kanye's frustration

he was breathing down their necks to make it happen

they never looked like they cared

Really, the tech fleece is a rip off of styles I've seen HBA, Adidas' Y-3, and Public School and maybe even Ralph Lauren's Black Label bring for a minute. Nike is just bringing those styles to a larger market at a cheaper price. But, keep on thinking Nike determines what's stylish. 

Last edited:
when people bring up RESTOCKS or GRs it makes no sense, nothing nike has done with kanye points to them wanting to make money 

they treat the yeezy's like a bastard child, a side project they promised to get over with but they really didn't want to do or need to make

at no point did they show intentions of making substantial money off them or making "air yeezy" into a brand, much to kanye's frustration

Yeah but Nike Loves the hype train. We'll make a couple thousand pairs of something really hot, put a couple "premium" materials in it and build the hype just for everyone to get let down and then those let down spend money on one of Nike's cheaper shoes. Nike wins both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Right! I think Kanye was going to take Nike down a path they weren't ready to go and this time. But, now they may have to go there because Adidas is going there and Kanye is influential. 

Really, the tech fleece is a rip off of styles I've seen HBA and Public School and maybe even Ralph Lauren's Black Label bring for a minute. Nike is just bringing those styles to a larger market at a cheaper price. But, keep on thinking Nike determines what's stylish. 

Never said that but can we agree that Nike made it cool to wear joggers? Cause only soccer kids were rocking them since wayyyy back in the day and were usually clowned at school.

Ye does nothing but steal fads from Europe and wears them in the u.s.

90% of this board swore off tall tees but add a slouch neck and a heathered color it's "high fashion"? Na!

Yeah but Nike Loves the hype train. We'll make a couple thousand pairs of something really hot, put a couple "premium" materials in it and build the hype just for everyone to get let down and then those let down spend money on one of Nike's cheaper shoes. Nike wins both ways.
sounds like REMASTERED Jordans aka Nike's newest marketing gimmick

except they are making way more profit with those shoes than yeezy's

Nike/Jordan Brand needs to release an "Air Drizzy" to make a move. j/k
that's not a bad idea and something I think we will see more of.  Jordan retro 'PE' beginning to release.  Tell me how many pairs of the Drake VS Wayne 3's they would have sold..

Never said that but can we agree that Nike made it cool to wear joggers? Cause only soccer kids were rocking them since wayyyy back in the day and were usually clowned at school.

Ye does nothing but steal fads from Europe and wears them in the u.s.

90% of this board swore off tall tees but add a slouch neck and a heathered color it's "high fashion"? Na!

Nike took the idea of "joggers" or what I call sweatpants with cuffs from other brands.
John Elliott Escobars >

Roshe did NOT Birth the TUbular or zx flux:smh:

that reach
sick.gif
Fly knit and Roshe released. Next season, Adidas releases the copy.

Ain't no reach, just open your eyes
Man speaks the truth. Not like Nike doesn't have "inspiration" either.  They just so happen to be the vehicle/machine to blow things it up. That's not to say everything they touch is gold, because it's not. In fact, in terms of comfort, Pureboost crap all over a lot of Nikes. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom