ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanye said it himself, "
Anybody who wants the shoe, will eventually be able to buy the shoe". This is not like the Nike Yeezy release, people need to get that out of their heads.
Kanye said everyone will be able to get Yeezys, he did not name any specific model.

I'm pretty sure the Boost 750 will be limited

OK so i picked up my size 12, too big need an 11 and im a size 12 in everything (swapping with my boy).

When i went to pickup there were mad adidas confirmed reps at the footlocker. They made me close the app and reopen then go to adidas.com through the app and then he scanned my code and asked for my id (my info popped up on the adidas phone they use).

He called the footlocker dude to go get the pair and i was chopping it up with him we were talking this girl he picked up that came to pickup a pair then i just asked him whats gonna happen to the rest of the pairs that dont get picked up like are they going back on the app or something? Flat-out he was like nope that at 8PM they will put all the left over pairs into a truck and it will be shipped back to adidas and they will oversee the process tonight.

Dude said there is no stock for employees and said each store got a specific number of pairs and each pair was assigned to the app for reservation and once the reservation closes the store needs to match the non pickup number in the app for that store.

So when the footlocker guy comes out he walks me to the register and I asked are you getting a pair then he says he doesn't like them and im like but you can get a pair and sell them or help out fam or friends and then he looks at me with a smirk on his face and says i dunno about that i could tell he was up to something seemed like was gonna try some funny stuff later lol it was pretty funny them employees look hurt watching everyone buy theirs.

Adidas isn't playing any games unless someone is stealing there wont be any backdoor pairs at any of the reservation locations.

Nice story. Adidas all in control for that. Also an indication that these will be very limited.

I wear a 12 1/2 or 13 in all my shoes.
Prefer 13, but no real difference for me, because my left foot is bigger than my right foot.

From your experience do you think 12 will be too big for me? My fear is that if I can get a pair 11 will be too small.
Really pissed that they don't sell half sizes

Would appreciate your advice 

Depends on how you like your fit....i like it snug and there's like a half size space in my size 12 for me (my foot is narrow i wear everything a size 12 some jordans i can fit 11.5 and it fits snug but i mostly buy everything size 12. You wont fit an 11 if your a size 13 my boy copped an 11 and hes 13 so we doing a swap. My other boy got an 11 and hes a 12 and he said it fits perfect.

Take it for what its worth.

if kanye didnt wear them nobody would look twice.

and the same EXACT can be said about the boosts cmon.
So True....I never was one to be into High End Fashion when I always had Beer Money. But thanks to my brother I love Ralph Lauren old and new.

Everyone just stop specualiting no one knows what's limited or not. Just wait on the 28th the world will know then

Depends on how you like your fit....i like it snug and there's like a half size space in my size 12 for me (my foot is narrow i wear everything a size 12 some jordans i can fit 11.5 and it fits snug but i mostly buy everything size 12. You wont fit an 11 if your a size 13 my boy copped an 11 and hes 13 so we doing a swap. My other boy got an 11 and hes a 12 and he said it fits perfect.

Thanks. Helped me a lot

So my aim will be a 12. I just don't get why they don't make half sizes

All these amazing stories of people making friends with adidas reps :lol:

The dude was talking to me i just wanted to get my pair and bounce.....i didnt care about him baggin no chicks I was just being polite and waiting for my pair to come out the back.

Kanye said everyone will be able to get Yeezys, he did not name any specific model.
I'm pretty sure the Boost 750 will be limited

Dude, he's making something like a 10%-20% royalty on each pair of shoes. if people want more 750 boosts, he'll make more 750 boosts. The whole reason why he took this deal was because Nike wouldn't give him a royalty and Adidas would.

Thanks. Helped me a lot
So my aim will be a 12. I just don't get why they don't make half sizes

Me either i would have got a 11.5 if that was the case.....Im worried that 11 will be too snug and there wont be any perfect size for me.

Everyone just stop specualiting no one knows what's limited or not. Just wait on the 28th the world will know then
From what I've read they will be very limited. I can only speak of Europe, but I can't imagine that it will be completely different in the US. I guess a bit better, but still very limited.

Dude, he's making something like a 10%-20% royalty on each pair of shoes. if people want more 750 boosts, he'll make more 750 boosts. The whole reason why he took this deal was because Nike wouldn't give him a royalty and Adidas would.
Kanye says a lot of things, which don't become real.

It would make zero sense to release the 750 boost as a GR. Adidas and Kanye need to keep the hype of Yeezys up, especially because it's their first release.

The lows will be a GR in my opinion, 750 will be limited. Just my opinion

I think we are missing the big picture here, my philosophy is that there is a different type of limited from Nike appose to Adidas. Many that EVERY pair is accounted for. Literally one per person by the usual Nike crap where they don't really keep track of their pairs and ship out care packages to celebrities/athletes along with their entourage. As Homie said up there adidas will make sure every one will get the opportunity to grab a pair but would have to act fast. Hopefully the app doesn't crash come the 28th though. Smh.

Last edited:
Me either i would have got a 11.5 if that was the case.....Im worried that 11 will be too snug and there wont be any perfect size for me.
I have the same worries. 11 definitely too small and 12 will be a bit to big.

Hope they will learn from the entire issue of sizing and do it better in the future

I fully accepted the fact that I will not be getting these on the 28th. If they are releasing on the 28th, which to me means to me pick up and buy, so that means reservations will open up on either Thursday or Friday. I work 10 hour days so I doubt I will see an alert to reserve a pair. I will try but I doubt it.

I just have talked to 10 kids today and stood firm on my 500 offer let's see what happens later in the week I told them the offer is there when all your other offers flake

Thiking about throwing offers out on IG, but I'll just wait till the worldwide release and see how many paris come to cle

Last edited:
First off, i must say , when Kanye made the move to adidas, i was one of the VERY FEW people who said that was the smartest move for him and his brand and knew that the same hype will happen with his new shoe on adidas cause its still a highly credible footwear brand with excellent history. 

As far as the yeezy boost, take it with a grain of salt but Kanye was right about one thing,the number 9,000. There are 9,000 pairs MADE in ALL. When he said availability for everyone, he meant that more states will have the OPPORTUNITY to purchase them via online. from wat i know, 3,000 pairs were made available here in NYC this weekend. So , to get a better idea of what to expect on the 28th, if you had trouble with the app and failed to reserve it on thursday, just forget it cause that's going to be the same procedure on he 28th for other states. Raffles and reservation on the app. 

The lowtops will be more available and will be produced at a way higher volume. 

Hope i helped some people out. 

All these amazing stories of people making friends with adidas reps :lol:

Why is that amazing i made friends with One at one of survey meet ups they had here. we both play destiny gave me a couple of codes. And if I need help on a serious release i may call in a favor. He's low key about his postion and personally " he just likes me to run sword on raids" (inside density joke)

Can't wait to be able to stop coming in this thread man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

like a lot of people said I think the main issue is PAITENCE

like somebody said it would be bad business if everybody ate on the 28th, shoe would probably lose its allure

but there will most likely be multiple restocks, each time being a little easier to cop

I would also assume that they will restock again when the clothing collection drops in the fall

I think these sneakers need to get to a point where they are on shelves and can be bought freely, otherwise how will we ever know if anybody actually likes them lol

Last edited:
i dont understand the logic of having them send back the unclaimed pairs to adidas.

theyre just going to have to ship them back in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom