ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called 3 Adidas stores and they gave me the same thing regarding em, only stores in California outside of SF are Proper and Undefeated. Welp unless you got the back door special your **** out of luck here 

Exactly. This is why all in all, I feel these will release again. I don't think adidas is that ignorant or careless. Especially with Ibn saying what he said and previous statements from Kanye saying adidas promised him they will make more pairs down the road. Kanye didn't promise we'd all have them the first week. He said be patient, everyone who wants them will get them. I think everyone's just in that instant gratification/worried mentality. Let's chill and see how it goes. 
it would have been easier patience if they handled it better, yes i understand ASW release they wanted to go toe to toe with nike and they won in nyc at least then they should have just been like these will release in april everyone would be fine but NOW you are having 3 release since ASW, last week was a disaster where it was probably less than 1000 pairs, then you have this week where besides the pairs being mostly back doored you are giving stores TWELVE pairs, then you have the release in march which i have no idea whats going to happen. instead of doing all that they should have done ONE drop in late march or april or whatever with a sufficient amount of kicks, even if still limited like 50k pairs or whatever so we know what we are getting

Can't lie. I'm very upset with adidas the more I think about it. I know I'm echoing most of everyone's sentiments here. I just can't understand some of these moves. YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EAR TO THE CULTURE AND THE STREETS AND THE MARKET. There's no way adidas was caught off guard by this release and the hype surrounding it. I can understand how it's beneficial to maintain a buzz around product and build momentum, and we'll see how the rest of Yeezy Season 1 plays out, but damn, there's no way adidas didn't know how this would play out or the crazy resell value with these. If the 750 Boost are going to release again and in larger quantities, as Kanye has said, you have to issue a statement. I don't condone anyone dropping racks on kicks, but I'd be furious if I was one of these dudes paying resell because they love kanye and/or his shoes or whatever, only to have the shoe be made available again down the road. You have to have some kind of balance between business practice and consideration for your customers. It's not asking a lot. If the shoes are going to re-release, then just say it. We don't need dates right away. Just let us know it's coming eventually. If the shoes are in fact super limited and that's the route they want to take it, which they have all the right to do, then say it. BUT if that is the case, adidas straight up BLEW IT by providing pairs to these other accounts to mostly have "raffles." There is too much shadiness, too much collusion, and frankly, too much unnecessary danger in having people camp out, line up, and crowd together only to be let down.

I'm choosing to believe adidas will release more pairs down the road. If the shoe was straight up limited, I think adidas would handle the release of all pairs through their site and app. Like I said, we have to wait and see how this all plays out. I'm not sweating it. Already got my eye on a sweet consolation prize, would just be nice to be in the loop.

ALL DAY.
two things....one the kicks cost $350...if they didn't put a sense of mystery on them they would never move at that price and cats would just wait for a discount...
Case an point...how stupid do some of these cats that was paying $300 for Prisms when they first dropped??? Only for Adidas to not re-release but allocate stock in a stagard fashion...yes they were still limited but if you did your homework and paid attention to social media..they became very easy to get your hands on....

From what I'm being told expect the same...

2nd...perception is key...if you flood the block..the desired attraction or effect will be diminished...you can not add shake to your brick and give them raw..but then on the next go around..that's what they will expect...the Kanye line is growing and evolving...how this drop is handled is how the rest of the line will shake out...if a $350 pair of adidas sits..what makes you think dudes are trying to pay $200 for some Kanye Roshes???? Expect the Roshes before the "restock" of the boost..trust..

Like dudes keep saying...with this one...just be patient...in a few months we will see who actually liked them and who was just chasing hype/resell...

two things....one the kicks cost $350...if they didn't put a sense of mystery on them they would never move at that price and cats would just wait for a discount...
Case an point...how stupid do some of these cats that was paying $300 for Prisms when they first dropped??? Only for Adidas to not re-release but allocate stock in a stagard fashion...yes they were still limited but if you did your homework and paid attention to social media..they became very easy to get your hands on....

From what I'm being told expect the same...

2nd...perception is key...if you flood the block..the desired attraction or effect will be diminished...you can not add shake to your brick and give them raw..but then on the next go around..that's what they will expect...the Kanye line is growing and evolving...how this drop is handled is how the rest of the line will shake out...if a $350 pair of adidas sits..what makes you think dudes are trying to pay $200 for some Kanye Roshes???? Expect the Roshes before the "restock" of the boost..trust..

Like dudes keep saying...with this one...just be patient...in a few months we will see who actually liked them and who was just chasing hype/resell...
Yeah I feel you. I don't think adidas should flood the market by any means. I just think at this point they barely touched the market. There's no way 9k pairs are out in the wild right now. No way. I agree with brands maintaining hype and allure. I'm all for it. Humans want what they can't have. I get it. I'm really just put off by adidas' lack of communication and release of information to its actual customers. I know they don't care as long as they're getting paid... but maybe they should. 

Realistically nowadays 1100 is not that much for a pair of kicks, shouldn't receive special treatment just cuz you dropped that amount on a pair.

laugh.gif

that reseller mentality...

In the grand scheme of things it isint. You got guys like louboutin charging 10 racks for sneakers and shoes reselling for $7k (mags). 1100 is definitely not something to laugh about but reality is ppl dropping far more on a daily basis on kicks.

People dropping 500k plus on whips what the hell that got to do with me? Your reality is in the clouds man.

I'm not balling at all but I recognize 1100 is not life changing money in this country

It ain't life changing but it's not a piss in the bucket either. If it was these kicks would retail for 1100. I can see this is going no where though so agree to disagree I guess.

this mentality is why resellers and corporation feel they can charge whatever these days.

I can't wait to see a nike lebron retail for $500.  That's when the bubble will burst.

i can't wait to see what Nike will charge for the Mag. 

that might be the wake up call for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom