Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Definitely keeping the lifestyles. Can’t count on them restocking later this year

Your honesty is to be commended Sir... I had the same knee jerk reaction after unboxing but didn’t post.

The Bariums are cool but next to my OGs, kind of underwhelming. The OG is my pick-up of the year so far... easily. Wouldn’t sell them and would pay resell for another if I was so inclined, pending restock or not - they are that good.

The 3M heel on my OGs is 2x that of the Barium too... Also, on the upper of the barium I can’t tell if that is just silver thread or 3M, just doesn’t pop like 3M. Not really looking forward to any QNTM besides the tan joints Ye wore - please bring back the OG upper and dump the cage for lifestyle colorways.

I meant Adidas outside of the Yeezy line

Seems like a few different topics being commingled, one is new product/tech and the other is resell and the release process as a whole.

Ultraboost is about 5 years old. That tech is great, granted that model isn’t hyped any longer but boost as a technology will be around for decades like NikeAir. Also the 4D carbon midsole is new technology, but consumers aren’t buying new technology, they’re buying products being influenced now. If Yeezy does a 4D, forget it. It’ll pull up sales for GRs too. Adidas has been selling more product quarter over quarter for 5 years now, so they’re doing something right.

I don’t like the current status of things release wise, but these are strange times. I think a lot of Cares money is having an influence on the sneaker market with millions of people having an additional $600 a week, and if you’re not working you’re probably looking to resell more, people need to make money. Prices for everything have been going up for months and releases seem to be harder to get.

Nike does raffles, and people can just create accounts, the more accounts you have the greater your chance of getting the sneaker and multiples. Adidas does a waiting room so their algorithms can remove suspect accounts/bots/etc. Both aren’t great, but what’s the new option if not these? Retailers are worse than the brands, and backdooring occurs at the local level all the time.

This is Yeezy specific but Nike owns basketball, and it’s not close. Having a lifestyle version of a basketball shoe is incredible marketing long term for Adidas. It’s setting up growth in basketball revenue for decades with Kanye initially behind a basketball shoe now and pulling it into lifestyle fashion.

That is all....

Maybe it's just the photo, but I think the Barium shape looks much better
1594573072869.gif

3813D72F-3CFB-4C55-8307-1873C9966827.jpeg

Different uppers so maybe that has something to do with it. I also do like how the lifestyles feel On foot overall compared to the bariums. The lifestyle upper allows for a more relaxed comfortable fit. The Bariums cage feels a lil restrictive, more locked down. More “performance” I guess.
Lifestyles are definitely for me

I've said it before, but OG > Barium > BB imo

I love the look of the Barium, but the OG knit detail, along with its far superior 3M, gives it the edge. I'm not too fussed about the overall shape as long as it fits well, that's the type of thing only NTers will notice when looking at them side-by-side.

The BB version of the OG though... yuck. Something about that big milky-white overlay makes the whole thing look like a plastic toy. The dark colors of the Barium work a lot better with it.

I’m prolly in the minority but I feel like Bariums run slightly big length wise. i Think the compressed suede toe gives the illusion that they they’re A snug fit.

i might be in the minority until RD but I’m excited for the Zyons. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more info on these since the RD has been pushed back 2-3 times.

18montrose.

Entered zyon raffle and money came out of my account already.

also got order number and “order processed”

What gives?

18montrose.

Entered zyon raffle and money came out of my account already.

also got order number and “order processed”

What gives?

Yikes. Sound like they pre-authorize the entire purchase amount when you enter the raffle. Same process that Hanon uses for their raffles.

If you win, they keep the money. If you lose, they refund the money a few days after the raffle ends.

Back
Top Bottom