Votes: 266 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 39 3.1%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
the consumer in me says "damn adidas could sell them cheaper" the manufacturing engineer in me see that they expanded production to like 3-4 different countries in the past 3 years pretty quickly and I know that couldnt be cheap. I wonder how much they had to sell to get their investments back and if they reached it yet
Kanye's cut was factored into the price.....in most of these conversations that is being forgotten about....

I'm in logistics too and that makes sense. I guess they could write it off as a loss but I'm far from a tax expert. I will say that with all these Yeezy "restocks" that's often inventory that stores shipped back because it didn't sell fast enough. They store that stuff but like you said that changes if they can't or wont sell it. I'm interested in what they plan to do. They can't/shouldn't sell Yeezy branded products for a variety of legal and pubic perception/relations reasons. But they have it. They can't just destroy it for environmental reasons
I happen to be a tax "expert". Funny thing, I work in tax but my senior year project had to do with logistics and storage costs. Bottom line is that warehousing costs amounted to about 60% of total costs for the particular company we looked at.

From a tax standpoint, to deduct the loss on the remaining stock they would have to show that they could not profit off it, meaning they would probably have to destroy it and prove it if audited. Kind of like what Warner Bros/Discovery is doing with the Batwoman movie.

I happen to be a tax "expert". Funny thing, I work in tax but my senior year project had to do with logistics and storage costs. Bottom line is that warehousing costs amounted to about 60% of total costs for the particular company we looked at.

From a tax standpoint, to deduct the loss on the remaining stock they would have to show that they could not profit off it, meaning they would probably have to destroy it and prove it if audited. Kind of like what Warner Bros/Discovery is doing with the Batwoman movie.
Don't get me started on the batwoman movie 🤦🏿‍♂️

People mentally price in the amount of "atta boys" and "neck breaks" when thinking about the price of a shoe

$230 is a lot for any shoe for the average person. But when people bought Yeezys what came a long at that price point (especially in 2016-2019), was the promise of a bunch of likes, and props for having that pair

To go back to the New Balance thing. Look at the amount of people who would have "NEVER buy those corny dad shoes" even a year or two ago. Now they're willing to pay $220+ for the JFG collab, because it comes with social validation packaged in. Because influencer Tik Tok said "go for it"

Same with $150 Birkenstock Boston slippers, Asics, Crocs. "Atta boys" run the world
I forgot about the "atta boy" and "neck break" factor 🤣😂🤣😂

I'm sure this happens all the time. It's only "news" because of what is going on with Kanye and anything with "Adidas" or "Kanye" in the headline will get plenty clicks or views. They've only been a partner since 2020. This can't be because of holiday product because all or most of that has been manufactured already. Not saying this is completely insignificant information. Just saying it's not necessarily news worthy. Plants close down all the time for all kinds of reasons. Some reopen, some don't. I've lived in Michigan my whole life, I should know lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they’re still dropping these. I would like a pair smh
99415323-DBD4-44F1-BBF5-7FB6A94CE97F.jpeg

That coupled with Adidas is down 60% this year.
I’m guessing that’s what the mitigation meetings between Adidas and Ye’s people is? Adidas probably wants the revenue for the Christmas/holiday Quarter but there is no realistic way that they can likely reach a settlement with Ye until then (I bet Ye is probably holding up the proceedings in discovery, based on his recent complaints against Adidas re: design theft, etc.). I guess the Hail Mary they plan on throwing is to sell him all the produced inventory but, if I were to bet, I think this issue extends well into 2023 and I could even see it potentially going to court.

That would probably be the cleanest option. But you’re missing one thing, Ye can’t afford it. His network worth is estimated to be $400M now. With his expenses and the fact, he can’t get a bank loan from anyone. So even if Ye wanted to buy the millions of pairs that Adidas made sitting in their warehouses he can’t. Maybe he can ask his buddy Elon to front him some cash.

Back
Top Bottom