Votes: 268 21.4%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Calling a 500 and 700 dad shoe needs to stop. Yea older people wear Monarchs, but just because its chunky doesn't mean it's for a dad. I'm a dad and I wear a broad variety of sneakers. I think if people who dislike 500s and 700s actually held them in hand they would realize how the various fabrics used and build of the shoe are appreciable.
Thank you

I am a dad.

B67A6755-34DC-41D4-9954-D145AA1A1D8E.png

I always thought they called them dad shoes because they were unattractive, like mom jeans :lol:

lol- Thats exactly the reason. The term "dad shoes" holds a subjective description that they are big, bulky, and ugly. It has nothing to do with the correlation with having off-spring and literally being a dad.

Yea just cause it's being sold doesn't mean people who know how to dress actually buy it
Who are you to judge who ”knows how to dress” and who doesn’t? Lol stop acting like some sort of fashion police or post a fit of your amazing fits.

500's and 700's are total dad shoes to me. I just don't understand the hype. In fact, the first time I saw 700's, I thought they were from Payless.

Every other comment is how the 350 is done- I feel with slight modification, the v3 will be absolutely fire. Personally, I still love the v2 and would love to see more monochromatic color ways.

Have you worn a pair of 500s? They’re insanely comfortable the upper is like surrounding your foot in pillows. Quality/materials are also fantastic.

Debatable. And most definitely not ALL rappers. :lol: That’s a huge reach. Half of dude’s discography is mediocre as hell and most definitely not timeless to non-Ye stans.

What other rapper (not group) has a comparable discography over that period of time? Jay and Nas are the only two that come to mind. Even Eminem is trash nowadays.

Debatable. And most definitely not ALL rappers. :lol: That’s a huge reach. Half of dude’s discography is mediocre as hell and most definitely not timeless to non-Ye stans.

Well that is a subjective opinion. Music is subjective so it's a hard thing to make factual. What IS factual is the fact that there's only one other rapper that has won more Grammys than Kanye (insert fck the grammys reply here). Out of curiosity, who are 5 rappers that are more timeless than Kanye?

No rapper's clothing/footwear line has ever stood the test of time. Nobody's wearing Rocawear, S. Carters, Sean John, Vokal, Rich Yung etc. in 2018. Kanye's brand, while its lasted longer than most, won't be relevant a decade from now. Y'all are brainwashed if you think otherwise

I don't think thats really an apples to apples comparison. Were S. Carters, Sean John, or any of those shoes ever *hyped*, at all? None of them were backed by Nike / Adidas (I think S. Carters were Reeboks?). Did any of them ever sell out, even on release day?

I'm not saying Yeezys will be hype forever, but you're comparing shoes/clothing from rappers that was basically just taking an existing shoe model and putting their logo on it.... versus being backed by Adidas, and selling out multiple different unique models. 350 v1, 350 v2, 700s, 750's, 500's.

Well that is a subjective opinion. Music is subjective so it's a hard thing to make factual. What IS factual is the fact that there's only one other rapper that has won more Grammys than Kanye (insert fck the grammys reply here). Out of curiosity, who are 5 rappers that are more timeless than Kanye?
Biggie
Jay Z
Nas
Outkast
Wu Tang
Tupac (debatable)
Snoop
Vanilla Ice

I don't think thats really an apples to apples comparison. Were S. Carters, Sean John, or any of those shoes ever *hyped*, at all? None of them were backed by Nike / Adidas (I think S. Carters were Reeboks?). Did any of them ever sell out, even on release day?

I'm not saying Yeezys will be hype forever, but you're comparing shoes/clothing from rappers that was basically just taking an existing shoe model and putting their logo on it.... versus being backed by Adidas, and selling out multiple different unique models. 350 v1, 350 v2, 700s, 750's, 500's.

The initial colorway of the S. Carters sold out. It's not necessarily a one to one comparison, but what I was trying to say is that a rapper's shoe will never have the same legacy and longevity as shoes backed by the greatest basketball player of all time.

If people really think Yeezys will be relevant 10 years from now, wouldn't everyone be stockpiling them to sell much later in the future for that big payday instead of reselling on StockX the week after they release

Back
Top Bottom