Advice for your 30s and beyond

Turning 28 this year and want to get some wisdom from my NT brethrens as 30 approaches.

This question is often asked on places like Reddit but I'd rather get advice from the online community I feel closest to.

Career/financial/relationship/personal advice all welcome.
Hope all of us age like wine over milk

30 is usually when you’re trying to find out who you are.

Just breathe, it’ll all come together.

Figure out what it is you want then work towards it, then move to the next one.

If having a solid career is your goal then do it.
If traveling is your goal then do it.
Want to start a business, then do it.
Etc, Etc.

Do what you feel you want to do, don’t worry about what if and what not. You’re still young, and this is the time.

Be happy. Live. Pray/Meditate. Love/Be Kind.

Last edited:

Etc, Etc.

Do what you feel you want to do, don’t worry about what if and what not. You’re still young, and this is the time.

Damn I thought 20s are for doing that.
Don't know if it's insecurity or whatever, but part of me feels like I'm always behind

Etc, Etc.

I needed to read this today man thanks.

I'm 29, just got married/bought a house in September.

My anxiety has flared up this year more than it ever has in my life, and a lot of it is tied to figuring it all out.

Things are good in my personal/professional life, but it just felt like those recent transitions turned the pressure on.

Keeping all those things you listed in mind today and moving forward.

giphy.gif

You can be the guys that grow and get better and evolve into the vision you always imagined. Or you can be like poster above saying it's downhill.

Life didn't start for me until I hit 30, I've come into my own. Things get harder socially,physically and dating. But if you are a hustler with energy you can get what you want out of this life regardless. General consensus will tell you it's wrap. But be an exception.

Live as stress free as you can. Take up yoga, be active listen to your body. Let go of anger. Reduce stress as much as you can. Forgive. Value your time, don't waste it on things and individuals that aren't making you happy.

Your 28 bro you still got 2 years before you even hit 30. Life is what you want to be.

Damn I thought 20s are for doing that.
Don't know if it's insecurity or whatever, but part of me feels like I'm always behind

For most/some people,
20's are living carless and free. Spending, Partying, School, etc
30's people are trying to figure out what they're going to do or who they are.

This is one of the best advice I got later in life.

Writing down something is like being able to see it as a reminder. Allowing you to reconstruct and formulate certain tasks to help you obtain your goals.
I'm late to the party on this because things worked out well enough to wing it in the 20s, that dumb luck runs out.

Etc, Etc.

That’s 20’s

Naw, that's just what you THINK you're doing in your 20s. All that ******* up in your 20s should have you more focused and directed.

That’s 20’s

The vast majority of people in their 20's are not caring about the future and they're in school or just getting out of school.

They're partying and just living carless.

Life doesn't start to hit until 30's … where the questions and worries start to come.

Like I said that for most people. The few already have it planned out once they get out of school.

I have a friend of whom is a doctor, 28, and is questioning about life at 30.

A doctor with anxiety about their life , b. :lol:

Last edited:
- If haven't finished school yet, it ok fambs, you still have time to finish
- Don't beat yourself up for not achieving goals you had planned
- Figure out a way to make your money work for you
- Spend more time and/or keep in touch with older relatives. I lost my grandpa this past October and being away from him while he was sick still kills me :frown:
- Travel more
- Read through the washed thread and realize you relate with mostly everyone :lol:

The best advice I ever received is to not put off tomorrow what you can do today ...

I had a terrible time with procrastination and boredom ... I am lazy because things come easy to me ... I had to flip the script and almost shame myself into doing things ... It was a weird transformation but I'm in a better place now ...

30 is the age when you should start to take off ...

Self improvement over everything.
Be the best version of yourself.
Have fun.
Be self-sufficient and selfish with your time.
Do you always.
Continue to learn and evolve, and never stay static.
Travel, see the world.
Learn to love to fail and getting out of your comfort zone so you can constantly grow.
Try different hobbies.

That keeping up with the Joneses mentality will kill you slowly. Do not compare yourself to others or conform to societal expectations if they're not compatible with what you want out of life. Manage your own personal goals and expectations with no regard for others.

Back
Top Bottom