Advice Needed: ebay buyer filed a complain saying product is fake

Just need some advice or some comments on what to do in reference to a buyer saying that he bought a product and it is fake. 

From the buyer:
[table][tr][td]
Details provided by the buyer:

The buyer said the item doesn't match your description

The buyer has already contacted you through eBay Messages

The buyer paid on Feb 16, 2012

The buyer has not received a response

The buyer is expecting a solution from you

The item is fake
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Additional information:

"Simple, seller says authentic, I took it to a store who informed it product is 100% fake."
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
The buyer wanted:

A full refund

Item- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=250993278902&view=all&tid=0

Everything I sell is 100% authentic and if you look at my feedback everything is legit.

I escalated this to ebay and wrote:

Your message to eBay Customer Support:

"I believe the buyer is looking for a way out of the transaction. Please refer my to feedback. All my products have been authentic. Every High end product I have sold on ebay have been 100% authentic as my feedback tells it all. I can have proof from the Louis Vuitton Store that the items are real. I have proof. "

Now paypal has  a hold on my account for the amount.

Im afraid the buyer is going to send me something fake back.
mad.gif

mad.gif
Does anyone have experience with something similar to this?
[/td][/tr][/table]

I wish your grammar was fake; this is why selling high end stuff on eBay is a total fail and says even more I shouldn't own this

the outcome will be the buyer being allowed to send the item back and he will get his money back and you will have to try to sell it again

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I wish your grammar was fake; this is why selling high end stuff on eBay is a total fail and says even more I shouldn't own this

the outcome will be the buyer being allowed to send the item back and he will get his money back and you will have to try to sell it again

roll.gif
roll.gif
its not that serious bro calm down.
but ebay is real silly

Nothing you can do as a seller!

Just let them return it for a refund. They'll have to pay for return shipping, but you're taking an L on the shipping costs there.

Hope they don't leave you negative feedback, I was in a similar situation and was stuck with one.

Oh yeah,

If you can draw them into conversations via ebay messages and show that the buyer extorted you (i will give you a negative feedback, if..), then ebay will change your feedback if reported.

But the buyer has to say something about giving you getting a negative feedback unless you don't give or do something for them.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

beware, the buyer will send u a fake one and keep the real one

unfortunately the buyer might do this
tired.gif

I'm always afraid of buyers pulling some stunt like that. I avoid eBay at all costs but sometimes it's the only option. Never dealt with that before so sorry I can't help you.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Don't worry u sent the item with tracking correct? You're good

doesn't matter he filed a complaint that is not as described; and like others said he is going to send you back a fake...this is why I said never sell high end stuff on eBay; people work the system so easily with Paypal

high priced item = high risk
lesson learned.

I've only been scammed once on ebay, but it made me a safer seller.
low priced items, no international sales.

happened to me once.
I sold a pair of Prada loafers to some guy...dude was pissed he paid as much as he did and tried to claim they were fake when in reality anyone with half a brain could have easily seen they were real.
dude kept insisting they were fake, i kept saying 'if you feel that's the case, take it up with paypal, because there's no way you can win this argument' (i had proof that i bought them from a real prada dealer. i was a bit worried but, sometimes doing the right thing pays off. so i stood my ground.
eventually the guy backed off... and that was that.

i've also been the buyer in a similar situation over a north face jacket...i had a real one but wanted another and when i got it, the material was way off. i made the complaint to ebay, submitted the tracking information (sent it back to dude) and ebay refunded me. about 3 days later, the item was BACK in my p.o. box with a stamp that said 'undeliverable at address etc.'....i got the item and the money. funny thing is, the fake fits a lot better than the real one...

i was in a similar predicament and i told the dude if he sends me back something fake i'm going to take him to small claims court and he dropped the claim all together..
if they send you back a fake item, e-bay will just tell you "they will look into it" and leave you hanging. straight up +%#%%% up if you ask me. i hate ebay/paypal.

Back
Top Bottom