Advice On Sore Lower Back From Lifting

Ive been doing these lifts that just take a toll on my lower back and my spine and now i can barely move my back and cant even sit down and get back up.

and ive been using this muscle rub but its not doing anything, is there other ways of making this soreness go away?
sick.gif

Appreciate NT

You just starting squats and deadlifts? Rookie
laugh.gif

Anyways, use a foam roller. If your gym does not have it, you can cop one for $10-$20 at a fitness store.

happens when u dont propery stretch. You MUST get a good stretch before workouts, 15-20 minute stretches man, I know how it is its annoying you want to getstaright to lifting but you have to strecth. That happened tome when i first started lifting very heavy(300lb box squats etc), for now just take a aleve andrest and you should be good

i work in the athletic training room at my school usually the athletes just heat and some strech to put their back in line.
i would heat 20minutes a day untill it starts to feel better

Back pain like that isn't from not stretching/warming up. It's from turrible technique. Lower the weight and focus on your form. And always remember todo lower back exercises when you do abs or vice versa.

Let a petite woman walk up and down your back until it won't pop anymore.

It might be very unhealthy, but it feels stupendous...

Man up...

Naw i'm jokin...it probably is that you have pretty bad technique and too much weight on the bar...youre gonna have bad technique for a while if youre newat it so lower the weight..also take some pain killers (advil, etc.) and make sure you stretch ALOT. In HS might used to kill after squats and dead liftsbecause I had really tight hamstrings cuz I never stretched and I had poor technique. When I got to college and got redshirted all we did was work on techniqueand stretch and I go sooooo much better. I went from 355 in squat to 625 in about 3-4 months so yea...

Originally Posted by hazmatic101

When I got to college and got redshirted all we did was work on technique and stretch and I go sooooo much better. I went from 355 in squat to 625 in about 3-4 months so yea...

impressive. what are your stats?

6'3 290 lb Freshman Offensive Guard....355 Bench, 625 Squat, 305 Clean, 31 in. Vert....redshirt year gets you mad strong lol all we did was lift 6 days aweek and practice it sucked but its good at the same time if that makes sense..

Yeah you gotta stretch. And also when you can like everyone else said you need to work on a more proper technique because that is most likely a contributingproblem to your soreness..I made the same mistake when I started last month.

O yea and go to GNC or vitamin shoppe and ask for DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) Pills...i have a friend that said they work pretty good

Appreciate the advice.

Yeah looking back it was from not stretching, and trying to hurry onto my lifts.

and i tried maxing out causing me to use improper forms as well.

yeah im gonna rest this weekend

and pray its just really sore, and hope i didnt do any damage that will haunt me in the future
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom