after seeing this , ALL RAP CONCERTS should have a live band

Dawg, I'm waiting to see "Maybach Music 3" performed with a full orchestra on some Aerosmith "Dream On" tip.

Kinda not related, but I would like to see a rapper that has some kind of musical talent

I saw 1500 and Ross on AXS TV. Formally known as HDNet... Doing a live show from LA, it was pretty cool and I usually don't like bands with rappers.. Then even killed it when French and Wale came out

Kinda not related, but I would like to see a rapper that has some kind of musical talent
Ehh. Lot's of rappers can produce, many can play instruments. There's also plenty of rap bands that play instruments.

Not sure what you are looking for. Somebody playing the guitar while spitting?

1500 Or Nothin' is incredible. I remember when Lupe took them on tour...
Came in to this thread specifically to say that I reached the same conclusion as OP and have firmly held that stance since I saw Lupe Fiasco and 1500 or Nothin at the Filmore back in January 2007. 

Last edited:
Ehh. Lot's of rappers can produce, many can play instruments. There's also plenty of rap bands that play instruments.

Not sure what you are looking for. Somebody playing the guitar while spitting?

I should've said playing instuments. I don't really count producing, in the hip hop world, as actually having musical talent.

nthat.gif

This is why I won't pay to see rappers perform. No live bands? Just one person walking around the stage rapping for 2 hrs over pre-recorded insrumentals? You gotta be kidding me.

^some people are good at it and put effort into their show

Also live bands aren't for everyone's music or every song.

Some artist really execute this wrong

Y'all dudes act some bands don't suck trust me it's not as black and white as y'all think it is .just because you hear some instruments doesn't mean the artist got a dope show . I've seen djs rock a show and I've seen crappy bands all but get booed .

After Seeing Foreign Exchange Destroy a show... (the Best show I've been too), I'd want to perform with one at all times. Nicolay conducted that beautifully .. But, like others said, I still enjoyed Kendricks' show w/o a live band .. I couldn't see myself playing bass and spitting at the same time though lol..

Cudi has a really good band that he brings with him. Sound is amazing in person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom