Air Force Max OG (Fab 5, Barkley) Re-Retro...

*sigh* Don't remind me, yo. Been lurking on this site for a good 15 years, only officially joined maybe a year or so ago. For 2 reasons:

1) Last go around on OG Air Force Max/Fab 5s ('13? maybe? Correct me if wrong), they went SUPER onsale. Marked down to like $90/99 on, almost positive, Finish Line. I was ready to pay retail with no problems with that. Waited for "another" markdown, thinking I was smart & was about to double up on pairs I only would've got one pair for retail. I wasn't. They smooth disappeared from every store in the nation maybe 2 weeks later. *Fred Sanford voice* You big dummy. SMFH

giphy.gif

2) Nike all black Air Missions/Junior Seau. They got marked down on City Gear to $59.99. Waiting for those since OG drop in the 90s. Repressed childhood ish since I nebver had the black ones. Had the wht/blue OG & retro. Staring at the blue pair as I type. Again, thought I was about to double up. Went back. NOTHING. Checked EVERYwhere. They disappeared. Found wht/blues everywhere, black just disappeared in thin air. Pun intended. Above, folks bought those Barkleys. These were probably mass shipped back. Checked outlets & all that. THEN, got lucky & found some at retail on Amazon. Went back to cop. Done. Gone. Bet someone from here geeked up like me copped 'em. Haha. Only seen ONE black pair pop in the past like, 4-5 years on eBay. They didn't sell, I PM's ole boy to make an offer. No answer. Been subscribed to that Nike Air Mission thread on here for years hoping for a bite (Main and SOLE reason I stopped lurking & signed up Niketalk, for real). Then get heartbroken errytime I see someone simply added an archival pic to the thread & nobody has any for sale. FML. LOL

I just had to vent around some folks that feel my pain right fast, champ. Back to these positive vibes....
Fam I feel your pain a couple years ago I stumbled across the blue/white, red/white, and the black/volt all for like $30 a piece I think the black pair may have been $40. I still have the blue and black pair in awesome condition blue pair are one of my everydays. But they are like extinct now been searching for the double for a while now. Bought some air swoopes the other day to try and make me forget about em lol

Fam I feel your pain a couple years ago I stumbled across the blue/white, red/white, and the black/volt all for like $30 a piece I think the black pair may have been $40. I still have the blue and black pair in awesome condition blue pair are one of my everydays. But they are like extinct now been searching for the double for a while now. Bought some air swoopes the other day to try and make me forget about em lol

*2Pac voice*

FEEEEEEEEL ME!!!! LOL

OG color of the Air Force Max CB @ $119 on Nike.com now.
I picked them up off there and got them earlier this week. These were the first shoes I really begged for and I tried to bargain for them, but I was in 7th grade and going through a bit of a growth spurt so no way were my parents dropping 100+ on a pair of sneakers. I was defeated. I remember the commercials, the Charles Barkley show commercials with Humpty Hump. With Jordan (when he was promoting the Jordan 9). I waited so long for these and I’m so glad they finally dropped. They don’t have the 34 on the back like I understand the originals do. But I don’t care. These are a pair of non Jordan Grails to me. So glad I have them.

I picked them up off there and got them earlier this week. These were the first shoes I really begged for and I tried to bargain for them, but I was in 7th grade and going through a bit of a growth spurt so no way were my parents dropping 100+ on a pair of sneakers. I was defeated. I remember the commercials, the Charles Barkley show commercials with Humpty Hump. With Jordan (when he was promoting the Jordan 9). I waited so long for these and I’m so glad they finally dropped. They don’t have the 34 on the back like I understand the originals do. But I don’t care. These are a pair of non Jordan Grails to me. So glad I have them.

Hey buddy, how is the sizing on these? If TTS, is there a little wiggle room or is it still pretty snug? No one around has a pair to try on and I may jump at these for under $100. The Maestro 2 QS Pippen ASG we're ok TTS but a little short. Going .5 up made them perfect. Just thinking going .5 up on these may make them perfect as well.

Hey buddy, how is the sizing on these? If TTS, is there a little wiggle room or is it still pretty snug? No one around has a pair to try on and I may jump at these for under $100. The Maestro 2 QS Pippen ASG we're ok TTS but a little short. Going .5 up made them perfect. Just thinking going .5 up on these may make them perfect as well.

I wear an 11.5 and 12 in sneakers (depending on the shoe). I happened to try on a 11.5 at a local Footaction and they fit me tight. For me, I would have to go with the 12 on this shoe. Just my experience.

I'm probably a 12.5 but I have since Junior year of HS went 13. I wear 13-14 (because I broke my foot about 15 years ago walking OUT of a mosh pit of all the ways to do it and since then, the ankle and fore foot will swell every once in a while in that area (it's strange, they botched the diagnosis and I eventually had to have surgery and PT on it that would have been unnecessarily if they just spotted the damage at first before it got worse.) So I got a Size 14. And just got around to trying it on this week. I found them to be roomy yet very comfy after I relaced them (why I just recently started doing that after how many years of buying shoes? I like the fit. I don't know why, but I always feel like Nike retros are more comfortable and well made than a JB retro.

Back
Top Bottom