Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by apthekid

I'm sooo done with this thread. Dudes is fightin on niketalk...Dudes is mad at resellers...Dudes talkin bout "rape prices" (whatever that is)...Nike gets double for what was paid for the shoes from retailers. Retailers get double for what was paid for the shoe from buyers...Everybody's coming up!

So you mad cuz you didn't get to the spot early enough to get your pair at retail? Really??

I saw some stories of cheeseballs cutting lines with their whole block to cop maaaad pairs for resell...that's no bueno. But if I busted my behind to get to the outlet at 4am (not saying i did) and i took off a day of work to do that (not saying i did) and I went to mickey d's 3 times from 4am to 10am (again, not saying I did), then who are you to tell me i'm bugging cuz i want x for MY sneakers that I bought with MY money??

Oh and for the people that don't know...these are going for high 200's and low-mid 300. I said this before, but you guys need to consider the international market.

To keep it real...I received offers from 3 NTers all asking for them for about retail. Im' glad that some of those people were able to get teh kicks they want for a price they like...i really am. But leaving money on teh table is against my personal moral compass. You guys that get mad at resellers absolutely boggle my mind.

It sucks that there are regions that didn't get this release...I feel yall on that...but that's the way it goes. I live in Philly...6th largest city in the US...we have nowhere that sells exclusive SB Dunks. That's how it goes.

These will be out of sight and out of mind in a few weeks when the next "limited" release drops, whatever that's gonna be.

Till then...enough with the complaining boo-hoos already! Eat food already!!!!

THIS

Damn wish i didnt have work, i wanna get a pair still
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ilikecupnoodles

Riverhead Factory just got a few more jordan banned 1's in. We will not be doing phone orders so please do not call to do one. as long as your reading this post, we still have them in stock and i will be deleting this post when we sell thru. We dont have many so hurry up. Limit one per person. We will not be putting this on hold so please do not call and ask us to put it on hold. And strange request... Do not ask the cashiers to buy the shoe for you.

Please do not ask for a manager regarding this shoe. WE WILL NOT DO PHONE ORDERS for anyone. I am trying to help everyone out by putting this shoe up on here.

1520 tanger mall dr
riverhead ny 11950

Appreciate the heads up homie....good lookin out!

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by ckauffman23

maybe this is all a brilliant scheme from nike... take a scrapped shoe that may have sat say theyre gonna be limited and flip them at outlets for regular price... kinda genious instead of just scrapping all together
From a business standpoint, its brilliant.

Reason why Nike is a billion $$$ enterprise!

Just think about it.  A "screw up" made them a million, easily.

And without "middle men" bka stores.  They sold it on their own turfs.

#cakin

QFT.

THIS WAS DEF A PLANNED MOVE BY NIKE. PORTLAND AND CHICAGO WAS JUST THE INITIAL TEST. EXPECT MORE RELEASES LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE.

i wouldn't say they were the initial test and from the feedback that they received from those 2 stores and as a result decided to drop them at more stores.

when the contract was made up with JB and the outlets, they had already decided months before which outlets were going to receive them (top 15 doors for outlets and they do big jordan sales #'s)

but i could see them having chicago and portland "premiere" it to see how the logistics of handling the release would play out (ie: doing phone orders or not, staffing for phone orders, line-ups, raffling, staffing for the event, etc)

Originally Posted by KMNewark

I would go to riverhead but an hour and 45 minutes is too long of a drive for a 1 pair limit! I have mine already but just want to help out a couple niketalkers
amen.
and it's even further from me.
ohwell.gif

GeNeRaTiOnZ wrote: 
Anyone find it odd that they did this release the day after the fiscal calendar ended?  They're going to show some high first quarter sales at outlets, but maybe that was the plan the whole time.  
You are correct sir. Most outlets got their shipments in around May 24th and were gonna just release em at random until corporate told them to hold off until the new fiscal year. I was on vacation in Vegas last week when the outlets there received their pairs and the employees I talked to sounded eager to put em out but couldn't do it. 

My friend told me about outlets getting new releases about 2 years ago... I didn't believe it

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by ilikecupnoodles

Riverhead Factory just got a few more jordan banned 1's in. We will not be doing phone orders so please do not call to do one. as long as your reading this post, we still have them in stock and i will be deleting this post when we sell thru. We dont have many so hurry up. Limit one per person. We will not be putting this on hold so please do not call and ask us to put it on hold. And strange request... Do not ask the cashiers to buy the shoe for you.

1520 tanger mall dr
riverhead ny 11950
Now theres a cool Nike employee!!!  doesnt help me but I thought I would give the man some credit since everyone been runnin into d-bag nike employees........RESPECT
Thank you
pimp.gif
 and
pimp.gif
 to the guy that helped me with the 11, I appreciate it fam
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
 at the guy who said he knew a outlet getting a small shipment and didnt hit me back  

Man, even this thread is starting to die. These shoe are becoming an afterthought a lot sooner then expected.
pimp.gif
Don't drink the kool-aid!!!

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

OUTLETS having released dates?

E-mails being sent to OUTLETS.

C'on now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT THIS RELEASE INTIALLY BUT I WAS PROVEN WRONG. LIKE I SAID I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN AFTER NIKE SEES THE SUCCESS THESE BANNED 1'S HAD.

CAN'T BLAME THEM THOUGH. BEFORE THIS RELEASE IF I SAID I HAD ACTUALLY VISITED AN OUTLET STORE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE, I WOULD BE LYING.
This will happen again.

The NorCal DM for Nike was at Vacaville (Black dude grey sweatshirt, maroon shirt, letting people in the door) and the Loss Prevention DM was also there.

I chatted it up with them for a hot minute after the release was over.  We exchanged crazy stories and had a real good conversation about collecting kicks.

He told me the next big release will be a raffle and will most likely have a big release per year at outlets.  I don't blame him after how some you guys straight trashed Vacaville
laugh.gif
  The garbage cans were full, but you guys acted like there wasn't a big dumpster right around the building.  I was stupid faded in line, but was respectful enough to hike myself to the back to throw crap away.

Anyways he told me the MAIN reason why he decided to start doing raffles instead of line ups.

I guess it stems back to the Yeezy release when dudes lined up at NTSF for days.  I guess some kids were crying to him about they could never convince their parents to stand in line for days and it's not fair.  Fast forward a couple months to the next big Jordan release. I guess the DM saw the crying kid again and he was still crying, but not cause he couldn't get his kicks, but cause he got them and it was his first pair of Jordans he could actually cop, cause they did a raffle and not a line.  I guess this hit home with the DM and he put the rule in effect for NorCal raffles.

He was a real cool dude and I know some of you might not be down with this raffle crap, but I can feel for kid.  I had straight lied to my parents numerous times to go cop kicks in HS because they dropped in the middle of the week or people were lining up days in advance (First cool grey release).  It wasn't right and still isn't right.  As much as everyone may hate the raffle system it gives everyone a fair chance.

Anyone find it odd that they did this release the day after the fiscal calendar ended?  They're going to show some high first quarter sales at outlets, but maybe that was the plan the whole time.  Think about how much traffic and exposure a lot of these outlets got.  I can guarantee it put more people onto outlets receiving heat.  I was talking to a few people in line that never knew outlets got Jordan VIs, and had samples in the size 9 hash section.  I know i blew a couple peoples mind when I told them Vacaville at one time had Paris dunks. 

what do you mean fair? Its fairer if you just line up, first come first served. Even if you have to camp for days, thats how it is. Nobody said collecting exclusive/ sought after stuff was easy. An alternative plan would be to have wristbands with barcodes to prevent fraud and have people come in and buy the bands for the price of the shoes, before RD. Then once all the wristbands are gone, thats it. So as long as you have a wristband, you'll get a pair on RD. The wristbands should be dropped randomly to prevent a pattern from being discovered, because if the drops were at the same time, from RD, there'd be camps for them. I think its a decent idea, what do you think?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

laugh.gif
roll.gif

THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT THIS RELEASE INTIALLY BUT I WAS PROVEN WRONG. LIKE I SAID I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN AFTER NIKE SEES THE SUCCESS THESE BANNED 1'S HAD.

CAN'T BLAME THEM THOUGH. BEFORE THIS RELEASE IF I SAID I HAD ACTUALLY VISITED AN OUTLET STORE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE, I WOULD BE LYING.
This will happen again.

The NorCal DM for Nike was at Vacaville (Black dude grey sweatshirt, maroon shirt, letting people in the door) and the Loss Prevention DM was also there.

I chatted it up with them for a hot minute after the release was over.  We exchanged crazy stories and had a real good conversation about collecting kicks.

He told me the next big release will be a raffle and will most likely have a big release per year at outlets.  I don't blame him after how some you guys straight trashed Vacaville
laugh.gif
  The garbage cans were full, but you guys acted like there wasn't a big dumpster right around the building.  I was stupid faded in line, but was respectful enough to hike myself to the back to throw crap away.

Anyways he told me the MAIN reason why he decided to start doing raffles instead of line ups.

I guess it stems back to the Yeezy release when dudes lined up at NTSF for days.  I guess some kids were crying to him about they could never convince their parents to stand in line for days and it's not fair.  Fast forward a couple months to the next big Jordan release. I guess the DM saw the crying kid again and he was still crying, but not cause he couldn't get his kicks, but cause he got them and it was his first pair of Jordans he could actually cop, cause they did a raffle and not a line.  I guess this hit home with the DM and he put the rule in effect for NorCal raffles.

He was a real cool dude and I know some of you might not be down with this raffle crap, but I can feel for kid.  I had straight lied to my parents numerous times to go cop kicks in HS because they dropped in the middle of the week or people were lining up days in advance (First cool grey release).  It wasn't right and still isn't right.  As much as everyone may hate the raffle system it gives everyone a fair chance.

Anyone find it odd that they did this release the day after the fiscal calendar ended?  They're going to show some high first quarter sales at outlets, but maybe that was the plan the whole time.  Think about how much traffic and exposure a lot of these outlets got.  I can guarantee it put more people onto outlets receiving heat.  I was talking to a few people in line that never knew outlets got Jordan VIs, and had samples in the size 9 hash section.  I know i blew a couple peoples mind when I told them Vacaville at one time had Paris dunks. 

what do you mean fair? Its fairer if you just line up, first come first served. Even if you have to camp for days, thats how it is. Nobody said collecting exclusive/ sought after stuff was easy. An alternative plan would be to have wristbands with barcodes to prevent fraud and have people come in and buy the bands for the price of the shoes, before RD. Then once all the wristbands are gone, thats it. So as long as you have a wristband, you'll get a pair on RD. The wristbands should be dropped randomly to prevent a pattern from being discovered, because if the drops were at the same time, from RD, there'd be camps for them. I think its a decent idea, what do you think?

NAH, A RAFFLE IS BY FAR THE FAIREST WAY EVEN THOUGH I HATE THEM.

how is it fairer though? If i am second in line and some kid comes hella late and he gets his number called and I dont, then thats unfair....since I would have put in the work and time, you know?

whats wrong with my wristband idea?

laugh.gif
roll.gif

This will happen again.

laugh.gif

I cant even camp out for days due to school, but If I dont get my pair then I see it as whoever lined up the longest deserves their pair.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

This will happen again.

laugh.gif

I cant even camp out for days due to school, but If I dont get my pair then I see it as whoever lined up the longest deserves their pair.

do you agree with me then? I agree with your statement after "but".

@ the idea of releasing at outlets to increase outlet sales. Did they mean the sales of just the banned 1's? or other purchases made at the oulet? Because I did check out the isles of the outlet but really didn't find anything I really needed/wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom