Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^ "re-sellers" are part of the "sneaker community" in general,not just on NT....in any industry,whether its sneakers,clothes, food, gas, etc, there is re-selling...people need to make money. people re-sell shoes for three different reasons 1. for profit only 2. get their pair(s) cheap/cheaper or 3. for profit AND to get their pair cheaper....the re-seller argument always gets brought up on any big release. yes it sucks some people didnt have their local outlet get these,but not EVERYONE can get them, thats the way it is.whether its limited releases, QS, TZ, samples/PEs, thats just the way it is....if anything blame Nike
laugh.gif

grin.gif
For me, my first intention was never to resell; I wanted to get my size. But after me and my brother camped out all night for 9 hours, get cut by 20 people and only end up getting a size 14 each I really just want to make enough money to make up for the time we spent in line. I feel like I went through more work to get these than most people on here and still couldnt come up with a pair. And if I wouldnt have bought the size 14s to resell, I know there was 20 people in line behind me that would have. 

I don't understand what all the fuss is about concerning resellers. Nike/JB released essentially the same exact shoe/colorway 3 times now in less than 3 years, albeit these are better quality I admit. I passed on these, and I don't regret....and if paying a high markup for these isn't your deal, pass on paying up high dollars for them and get the DMP 1's or the straps if you plan to wear them....

We all know this "community" has always been big on reselling. Concords will be the same exact way later this year....I'll have mine and certainly don't plan on paying resellers either.
grin.gif

Hah, I was told these are supposed to drop tomorrow at House of Hoops London! I'll believe it when I see it!

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Hah, I was told these are supposed to drop tomorrow at House of Hoops London! I'll believe it when I see it!
well that's some news.
please keep up posted if there's anymore info on that.

I struck out with the outlets, The few that do have a few pair left wont take phone orders and i ain't driving 4 hours for a shoe. This is the1st release in about 8 yrs im having major issues getting.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I don't understand what all the fuss is about concerning resellers. Nike/JB released essentially the same exact shoe/colorway 3 times now in less than 3 years, albeit these are better quality I admit. I passed on these, and I don't regret....and if paying a high markup for these isn't your deal, pass on paying up high dollars for them and get the DMP 1's or the straps if you plan to wear them....

We all know this "community" has always been big on reselling. Concords will be the same exact way later this year....I'll have mine and certainly don't plan on paying resellers either.
grin.gif

CONCORDS WILL BE A MASS PRODUCED GR. DEMAND WILL BE HIGH BUT EVENTUALLY MOST WILL GET THEIR PAIRS. LOOK AT THE COOL GREYS. WILL BE AN EASY COP FOR CONCORDS IN MEMPHIS FOR ME. RESELLING GR'S IS A FAIL. IT WON'T EVEN BE WORTH IT REALLY UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING THEM AT SWOOSH PRICES.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

grin.gif

CONCORDS WILL BE A MASS PRODUCED GR. DEMAND WILL BE HIGH BUT EVENTUALLY MOST WILL GET THEIR PAIRS. LOOK AT THE COOL GREYS. WILL BE AN EASY COP FOR CONCORDS IN MEMPHIS FOR ME. RESELLING GR'S IS A FAIL. IT WON'T EVEN BE WORTH IT REALLY UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING THEM AT SWOOSH PRICES.

Mass production does not always indicate an easy cop for everyone...and XI's always move regardless if they are general releases or not. But regardless, there will be pandemonium for them come release date and there will be boat loads for resale. But I digress...

grin.gif

Also swoosh has been really weak lately as far as launch product. we have been getting no discounts the past few releases.

Originally Posted by sincere

Originally Posted by azjordans

Are all of the boxes marked cosmetic seconds?

No. Not all boxes are marked, because not all of them are actually B-Grades. This definitely was a scrapped project. Why it was scrapped?...I don't know.
pimp.gif

Thanks. My 10's don't have the mark but my 10.5 do. Btw did you happen to get yourself a pair?

Why is everyone getting on 160 for? Does dissing him make you feel better, honestly if he had info and didn't want to share I don't blame him. I didn't share info until I made sure I had my pair first. So I don't blame him cause the minute he lets that go the outlet will be flooded with people buying up all the sizes and when he gets there it will be sold out.

maybe this is all a brilliant scheme from nike... take a scrapped shoe that may have sat say theyre gonna be limited and flip them at outlets for regular price... kinda genious instead of just scrapping all together

grin.gif

Mass production does not always indicate an easy cop for everyone...and XI's always move regardless if they are general releases or not. But regardless, there will be pandemonium for them come release date and there will be boat loads for resale. But I digress...
NOT DEBATING THEY WILL BE A HOT ITEM OR NOT MOVE BUT THE FACT THAT THERE WILL BE BOAT LOADS FOR RE SELL DOES NOT BODE WELL FOR RE SELLERS. MOST WILL GET THEIR PAIRS FOR RETAIL OR CLOSE TO IT. ONCE AGAIN REFERENCE THE COOL GREYS.

Originally Posted by sincere

Are all of the boxes marked cosmetic seconds?

No. Not all boxes are marked, because not all of them are actually B-Grades. This definitely was a scrapped project. Why it was scrapped?...I don't know.
pimp.gif

Thanks. My 10's don't have the mark but my 10.5 do. Btw did you happen to get yourself a pair?
Yes, I did finally work a deal out with a NT'er. I'll give him props as soon as my box arrives. I'm working a deal on another pair for $200 shipped or less. It looks promising. Know your stuff people. Believe me...reality is settling in on these sellers. You don't have to be so anxious, because they're/the sellers are becoming more anxious to get rid of them by the second. Don't bend over and eF yourself.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ckauffman23

maybe this is all a brilliant scheme from nike... take a scrapped shoe that may have sat say theyre gonna be limited and flip them at outlets for regular price... kinda genious instead of just scrapping all together
From a business standpoint, its brilliant.

Reason why Nike is a billion $$$ enterprise!

Just think about it.  A "screw up" made them a million, easily.

And without "middle men" bka stores.  They sold it on their own turfs.

#cakin

Originally Posted by ilikecupnoodles

Riverhead Factory just got a few more jordan banned 1's in. We will not be doing phone orders so please do not call to do one. as long as your reading this post, we still have them in stock and i will be deleting this post when we sell thru. We dont have many so hurry up. Limit one per person. We will not be putting this on hold so please do not call and ask us to put it on hold. And strange request... Do not ask the cashiers to buy the shoe for you.

1520 tanger mall dr
riverhead ny 11950
Now theres a cool Nike employee!!!  doesnt help me but I thought I would give the man some credit since everyone been runnin into d-bag nike employees........RESPECT

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

#cakin

QFT.

THIS WAS DEF A PLANNED MOVE BY NIKE. PORTLAND AND CHICAGO WAS JUST THE INITIAL TEST. EXPECT MORE RELEASES LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE.

#cakin

QFT.

THIS WAS DEF A PLANNED MOVE BY NIKE. PORTLAND AND CHICAGO WAS JUST THE INITIAL TEST. EXPECT MORE RELEASES LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE.

Yup, indeed. They figure, why not just contain the hype within your stores. Only complaint I have is that they didnt send it to any stores in OHIO, or this area for this matter.

Rumor has it that certain outlets will be receiving small re-stocks of banned 1s. Any truth to this? I'll be calling a couple outlets to see what I can dig up.

QFT.

OUTLETS having released dates?

E-mails being sent to OUTLETS.

C'on now.

laugh.gif

QFT.

OUTLETS having released dates?

E-mails being sent to OUTLETS.

C'on now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT THIS RELEASE INTIALLY BUT I WAS PROVEN WRONG. LIKE I SAID I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN AFTER NIKE SEES THE SUCCESS THESE BANNED 1'S HAD.

CAN'T BLAME THEM THOUGH. BEFORE THIS RELEASE IF I SAID I HAD ACTUALLY VISITED AN OUTLET STORE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE, I WOULD BE LYING.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Why is everyone getting on 160 for? Does dissing him make you feel better, honestly if he had info and didn't want to share I don't blame him. I didn't share info until I made sure I had my pair first. So I don't blame him cause the minute he lets that go the outlet will be flooded with people buying up all the sizes and when he gets there it will be sold out.

not taking anyone's side, but the difference is:

If you have info and don't care to share it (which i don't blame people for doing), why tell people you have the info?

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

#cakin

QFT.

Yup, indeed. They figure, why not just contain the hype within your stores. Only complaint I have is that they didnt send it to any stores in OHIO, or this area for this matter.
NO OFFENSE CJ IF YOU ARE FROM THE AREA BUT I SWEAR FROM ALL THE PLACES I'VE LIVED AROUND THE COUNTRY, OHIO IS THE WORST SPOT TO COP LIMITED RELEASES. ALMOST NO ATTENTION IS SHOWN TO THE ENTIRE STATE. YOU GUYS WERE GETTING LOVE ON LEBRONS WHEN HE WAS HERE BUT EVEN THAT HAS DRIED UP....

CLEVELAND IS RUMORED TO GET A HOH NEXT YEAR DOWNTOWN BUT WE WILL SEE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom