Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i was approached today by a friend who found his original pair of banned air jordan 1 from 1985. the are in pretty good shape cause he bought a 9 and he usually wears a 9.5 so he didnt wear them very long.
what would these be worth?
no box no tag but original jordan 1 with original laces.
That shoe is worth a lot of money to people who can afford it. In real good shape id lowball it at like 700+ but I've seen pairs go for anywhere between 1k-3k. I think there's one on eBay (not sure what size) for around 3500

The market value can't be based completely off eBay, because there are idiots who post shoes wayyyy beyond its value that have 0 clue. I've seen DS Blk/Red '85 1's with original everything go for 1K. I think around 1K is the median if the shoe is in perfect condition. Used ive seen em go from the ranges of 400-800. I've seen a few DS for a grand in that size, so I wouldn't pay that high.

if you pay more than $250 for these, you're a bit crazy. cmon now, these are JUST ones. they will re-release in a couple years (rumored to drop this november).
it's not like they have some type of technology, they're ONES. As much as I want a pair, I will not pay ridiculous amounts for these. I already am having trouble
coughing up $130-$150 for 1s let alone $500. :x

no amount of nostalgia and history will make up for that.

^ agreed on the not dropping $500+ on them.

What's funny is I wanted these when they first came out and missed out on them.  Then a reseller tried to convince me to buy it for $350 or trade some pairs of other shoes for them and I wouldn't do it.

NOW that I've heard the rumor that they might be coming this winter, I've started thinking about the shoe again and I'm finding it hard to wait.  It wasn't until this rumor that I got the itch.  Seeing every celebrity under the sun with a pair everywhere I turn isn't helping either.

Last edited:
id gladly drop $300 on size 13.. in a second, maybe more ..

could care less about the X *******t ... just want the leather quality

if you pay more than $250 for these, you're a bit crazy. cmon now, these are JUST ones. they will re-release in a couple years (rumored to drop this november).
it's not like they have some type of technology, they're ONES. As much as I want a pair, I will not pay ridiculous amounts for these. I already am having trouble
coughing up $130-$150 for 1s let alone $500. :x

no amount of nostalgia and history will make up for that.
Yep, $400 would be my limit for these. Not that serious for me to drop an obscene amount on one shoe. I'll settle for this year's drop (fingers crossed) as long as they're comparable to the Royals, I'll rock 'em with no dambs given. Not gonna drop a stack just to be part of the Banned fraternity.

Not a my sneaker fan bc be sounds like he recognizes the difference, but the other 2... Blk/red 1's do not equal Banned 1's. Banned is not another stupid term for blk/red 1's like Bred's. These will never retro, never release again. LOL talkin like its gonna be so easy to get a pair if blk/red 1's this winter if they do release. That shoe will in no way other than color way, be the same as Banned 1's. If you still don't know the difference than I see no reason at all why you would pay the money for the difference. I'd be trying to get the $140 pair this year if I just didn't know...

Not a my sneaker fan bc be sounds like he recognizes the difference, but the other 2... Blk/red 1's do not equal Banned 1's. Banned is not another stupid term for blk/red 1's like Bred's. These will never retro, never release again. LOL talkin like its gonna be so easy to get a pair if blk/red 1's this winter if they do release. That shoe will in no way other than color way, be the same as Banned 1's. If you still don't know the difference than I see no reason at all why you would pay the money for the difference. I'd be trying to get the $140 pair this year if I just didn't know...
Very true. I'm still holding out hope that I come across one of these steals as I would love to own these or even come across the perfect trade scenario. I've held this shoe in hand and came real close to copping at the local consignment shop only for them to change the price last min, lol. It's principle more than anything really. I could drop $1000 on these and still live good, but I just see that $1000+ doing way more for me and my family that I couldn't possibly walk around in it. Just value a dollar different at this stage in life. One day someone will bless me with a nice trade offer on these, if not I'll just cherish the memory of coming as close as I did to owning them. :lol:

yeah... no. The banned's leather isn't that serious. they're good, but not that good. I'd rather get the $150 drop this year
and use them as beaters than pay $400 for the same shoe with better leather? no. we're not that stupid Nike...
for $125, I'd buy these banned 1s, since that's not happening, no amount of Jumpan logos on the shoe will stop me
from enjoying this year's (or whenever it retros) release. :tongue:
that said, I am jealous with banned 1 owners simply because they're lucky enough to live near an outlet that released it.

yeah... no. The banned's leather isn't that serious. they're good, but not that good. I'd rather get the $150 drop this year
and use them as beaters than pay $400 for the same shoe with better leather? no. we're not that stupid Nike...
for $125, I'd buy these banned 1s, since that's not happening, no amount of Jumpan logos on the shoe will stop me
from enjoying this year's (or whenever it retros) release. :tongue:
that said, I am jealous with banned 1 owners simply because they're lucky enough to live near an outlet that released it.

i live nowhere near a outlet got 2 by phone order and took a trip to an outlet with a friend

. I got the matching gear to go with them never wore the t-shirt. These shoes are crazy I'm glad I didn't sell them a couple weeks ago.

i live nowhere near a outlet got 2 by phone order and took a trip to an outlet with a friend

you are both a "hustle hard" type and lucky. props!
nobody was taking phone orders for these back then. at least the ones I've called. :smh:
again, PROPS. It took luck and initiative to get this release at retail.
:pimp:

you are both a "hustle hard" type and lucky. props!
nobody was taking phone orders for these back then. at least the ones I've called. :smh:
again, PROPS. It took luck and initiative to get this release at retail.
:pimp:

thanks bro i appreciate that

i got the size 9 from a phone order after all the stores where either sold out or stopped doing phone orders

damn. props for the come up dude. this is truly that kind of shoe that when you get em
for retail, you really made it. LOL
I would say the same about Yeezys but with those, you're actually prepared. These took
everyone by surprise. well, most people.

i live around 3-4 outlets witihin 2 hrs driving distance, but i slept on these then....glad i got them now though. marquee of my jordan collection

Smh these releasing on a Thursday morning was my death. Now I wish I skipped work and picked em up

I went to work around 10 I wasn't missing these. Btw my outlet do get nothing at all. I got them in WRENTHAM mass

Nike did do phone orders for these. and i passed.

and im pissed now. i hope to get 2 pairs of the rumored retro this year

Last edited:
Damn Wrenthem got these?

Yes they did. I showed up approx. at 9:00a the day of release. Was something like #120 in line.

I thought for sure there was no chance I'd be able to get a pair. I brought someone with me and was lucky enough to get two size 11's.

There were still tons of pairs after I left. They were enforcing the 1 pair per person thing. I could have, and should have just asked random people to go in and grab more pairs for me. However, I'm extremely lucky for what I got.

rumor is retro for the 01 not actual "09 banned" 1 per say...but multiple pairs is a must, just hope its not on that royal treatment

Yes they did. I showed up approx. at 9:00a the day of release. Was something like #120 in line.

I thought for sure there was no chance I'd be able to get a pair. I brought someone with me and was lucky enough to get two size 11's.

There were still tons of pairs after I left. They were enforcing the 1 pair per person thing. I could have, and should have just asked random people to go in and grab more pairs for me. However, I'm extremely lucky for what I got.
Yeah they had 144 pairs I was 19 in line I wish I would of brought someone with me myself. O well

I could have gotten a third pair over the phone too but passed. Thought it would have been to much after already buying 2 pairs. Oops-Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom