Air Jordan 1 Chameleon (All Star) $175 February 19th

This is a weird release. I put in for reservations at some stores but the closest store to me is a doing FCFS. Are the major sneaker chains just doing reservations based on demand/sales at each location?

This is a weird release. I put in for reservations at some stores but the closest store to me is a doing FCFS. Are the major sneaker chains just doing reservations based on demand/sales at each location?

From what I have seen so far locally, the stores that usually gets more stock are doing fcfs and the smaller stores are using the app.

Of course my local Foot Locker and Finish Line stores aren't getting the All Star 1s or 6s. [emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]

Stopped by one of my stores listed as doing a raffle, and they chanced it to FCFS for the 6's and 1's. dude claim they have plenty in stock of both

Idk I may pull the trigger on early release only 225. Only footlocker around me are getting these even though the website link says my Footaction is getting them too. They aren't on the app though [emoji]129300[/emoji]..I may want to double up

Last edited:
hit a deal for 190 from a local joint last night. gonna try to pick them up today or tomorrow at the latest and I'll post pics.

Not sure if others have seen in person yet but here are my thoughts after seeing in person many times now:

1. Unique colorway, looks really cool at first glance. Depending on light can look almost black or iridescent color can stand out.

2. Quality is mediocre at best. I cant think of a recent Jordan 1 release to compare it's quality to but I've done side by sides with all the recent releases (BHM 2017, Storm Blue, SBB 2.0, Chicago, Banned, SBB 1.0, Black/White) and they all blow the ASG away. The quality is the biggest disappointment in my opinion. I was hoping for at least Storm Blue quality but the leather and padding aren't there.  My latest Jordan 1 purchase, the 2017 BHM next to these is an embarrassment for Jordan Brand to release two sneakers of the same model a week apart with such a vast range in the quality of leather.

3. Sole, I am not a fan of the translucent soles on Jordan 1's, mainly because they get dirty so easily and it shows. My only complaint really with the LA 1's, however, I think it works on these. It's a nice look on the ASG with the colorway. 

4. Overall, at first I was a HUGE fan of these, but the more I've seen them and touched them I've liked them less and less. If you can only purchase 1 between the BHM 2017 and the ASG 2017 I would take the BHM 10 out of 10 times. I still haven't decided if I'll buy them, they're not going to be real limited as far as I can tell. I may buy to sell because I don't think this is a shoe that will hold up well over time. 

Not sure if others have seen in person yet but here are my thoughts after seeing in person many times now:

1. Unique colorway, looks really cool at first glance. Depending on light can look almost black or iridescent color can stand out.

2. Quality is mediocre at best. I cant think of a recent Jordan 1 release to compare it's quality to but I've done side by sides with all the recent releases (BHM 2017, Storm Blue, SBB 2.0, Chicago, Banned, SBB 1.0, Black/White) and they all blow the ASG away. The quality is the biggest disappointment in my opinion. I was hoping for at least Storm Blue quality but the leather and padding aren't there.  My latest Jordan 1 purchase, the 2017 BHM next to these is an embarrassment for Jordan Brand to release two sneakers of the same model a week apart with such a vast range in the quality of leather.

3. Sole, I am not a fan of the translucent soles on Jordan 1's, mainly because they get dirty so easily and it shows. My only complaint really with the LA 1's, however, I think it works on these. It's a nice look on the ASG with the colorway. 

4. Overall, at first I was a HUGE fan of these, but the more I've seen them and touched them I've liked them less and less. If you can only purchase 1 between the BHM 2017 and the ASG 2017 I would take the BHM 10 out of 10 times. I still haven't decided if I'll buy them, they're not going to be real limited as far as I can tell. I may buy to sell because I don't think this is a shoe that will hold up well over time. 
are bhm 1s still available?

are bhm 1s still available?
Every sneaker is always "still available" bud. Just depends if you know where to find it and/or are willing to pay the price for it.
of course there are always pairs for sale somewhere bro. when somebody comes and asks if a certain shoe is still available, 99.9% of the time they are asking about where to get em for retail, because theyre ALWAYS available for resell. and usually that person is looking for the answer where as well. if i wanted to pay resell, i would have asked how much are these reselling for.

and even then, your answer answers nothing basically. not even where to get em for resell if that was indeed what i was asking and not even a where. vaguest answer ever.

c'mon now. use common sense.

Last edited:

of course there are always pairs for sale somewhere bro. when somebody comes and asks if a certain shoe is still available, 99.9% of the time they are asking about where to get em for retail, because theyre ALWAYS available for resell. and usually that person is looking for the answer where as well. if i wanted to pay resell, i would have asked how much are these reselling for.

c'mon now. use common sense.
I know what he meant. I was being a smartass, it was a dumb question. Yes, I'm sure they're still available many places, what sizes and where I couldn't tell you. I got my pair on release day and haven't been looking since. 
im the same guy. dont know why youre referring to me as "he". how is it a dumb question? its sold out on majority of sites. so asking where theyre still available for retail is a totally legitimate question. just cause youre too snooty and feel like being a douche like you admitted, doesnt make my question dumb.

if cant answer, dont answer. but dont give me a self admitted smartass response. da hell is wrong with people here nowadays? posting just to post yo? if its a dumb question, youd know what sizes and where. but you dont. so not such an obvious dumb question.

I know what he meant. I was being a smartass, it was a dumb question. Yes, I'm sure they're still available many places, what sizes and where I couldn't tell you. I got my pair on release day and haven't been looking since. 

:\

It really wasn't

This is disappointing to read. I really want to cop these but if the quality isn't there, I'll have to pass. Hopefully I can get a pair in-hand before making a final decision though.

the only opinion on quality that matters to me is mine....... others take on "quality" is so skewed today.
Very true. However, his take does appear to have some validity to it since the couple of YouTube reviews I've seen haven't really said any great things about the quality either. But again, keeping my hopes up here. 

I feel like they're gonna be easy to get. Sell out, but not difficult to get. 

I agree. Look at the foot apps. If you're in a major city, it seems like all the mass volume stores have these listed as a FCFS, along with the other releases this weekend.

From the looks of it, everything but the OVO 12's will be relatively easy to pick up.

you mean to tell me nobody here has a pair to comment on quality?
its either earlier in this thread or the Jordan 1 thread where some people got them early and were pleased with the quality and had some pics. look back through the threads.

Back
Top Bottom