Air Jordan 1 Hi ‘85 (New beginning) “ Reverse Bred”

Just Called footlocker in Downtown LA..dude says pickup is ONLY on Wednesday The 12th before 3pm...Anyone else Hear different?

im assuming they will have extra stock for allstar weekend but only in chiraq

what you just explained is how the sneaker "game" has always been

issue now is there was more desperate people/resellers

not much has changed

Yeah, I know. It has changed. I bought them because I loved the shoe. Take for example, the Air Command Force. When word that shoe was going to release and pics started leaking, I was SO excited. Never thought Nike would go through all to make it. Got 2 pairs (Volt and Ultramarine). Was stoked when they arrived (wore them a lot).

Then the Air Pressure! That was WAY out of left field. Unreal release, never saw it coming. Yeah it was $300 but you got ALL it had back in '89 (including the plastic case). Bought them no hesitation. Excitement was great. That was a shoe for the true OG old-school sneakerhead who couldn't buy them back in '89. It's these stupid games you gotta jump through to get a new pair. At least with a draw, everyone is "equal". Plus, back in the early 2000s, resellers weren't a thing like today. Heck eBay was all it was and the term Sneakerhead wasn't part of the vernacular yet.

I'll still get some shoes. The XXXIV SE, entered raffles for the UNC to Chi (if I lose, it's a fair loss, not because of bots, or issues with a site) and the red IIIs (not the Chi ones). When Nike releases this new updated 30th anniversary Tech Challenge Hot Lava Agassi shoe to actually play in (tennis was my 2nd love and got pretty good at it), I'm there. And any of his retros will make some of us happy. It's just certain releases really disappoint now because we feel we already know the outcome.

I'm just venting, I'm sorry. 😞

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. It has changed. I used to buy them because I loved the shoe. Take for example, the Air Command Force. When word that shoe was going to release and pics started leaking, I was SO excited. Never thought Nike would go through all to make it. Got 2 pairs (Volt and Ultramarine). Was stoked when they arrived (wore them a lot).

Then the Air Pressure! That was WAY out of left field. Unreal release, never saw it coming. Yeah it was $300 but you got ALL it had back in '89 (including the plastic case). Bought them no hesitation. Excitement was great. It's these stupid games you gotta jump through to get a pair. At least with a draw, everyone is "equal". Plus, back in the early 2000s, resellers weren't a thing like today. Heck eBay was all it was and the term Sneakerhead wasn't a thing yet.

I'm just venting, sorry. 😞

There's still plenty of heat from non collaboration and/or limited releases. Heck, I loved all the Retro + Jordan colorways released the last couple of years and they can be had for a good amount of discounts.

There's still plenty of heat from non collaboration and/or limited releases. Heck, I loved all the Retro + Jordan colorways released the last couple of years and they can be had for a good amount of discounts.

Oh, totally true. Gonna get a pair of Bloodlines once they get to the right price and customize them into Chicagos. Loved the Tinker IIIs, and even those new denim IVs. Those go cheap, I'll grab a pair. I'm not a sneakerhead snob who writes off Retro + colors. I like a lot of them (Gatorade orange IVs and Volt "lemon" 1 retros for example). 👍

Really wanted these. Hoping price’s drop... just paid for the pine greens and the Jordan 3 cements after I missed out on these. I guess the women’s unc are my consolation Prize for me.

Did all footlockers not do any in-store pickups today?

Won at Flight23 at Brooklyn. Drove all the way there and the manager was like, "Sorry our shipment was delayed." I was like "WTF? The app says pickup 2/8 by 3pm." Manager said, "Some people received an update through e-mail to come another day and some people didn't." I said when, and he was like "IDK bro, I don't even have a list of confirmed reservations yet."

Double checked with FTL CS. They had no idea. Connected me to FLX support and they also had no idea. They wanted to talk to the manager there but they don't even know the stores phone number. Had to walk back and hand the manager the phone. AND NOW he's like, "Yeah, we got the list of people ready and because the shipment was delayed, pickup will be on Wednesday."

What ****ery Foot Locker....

Last edited:
lmao the fact he said IDK bro is already shady af. he folded real quick when he had to speak with ftl corporate

Really wanted these. Hoping price’s drop... just paid for the pine greens and the Jordan 3 cements after I missed out on these. I guess the women’s unc are my consolation Prize for me.
Feel ya Mikey, I didn’t even want them and bought sbb 2.0 off eBay just because I tried and the experience was so bad. Lol

Last edited:
Did all footlockers not do any in-store pickups today?

Won at Flight23 at Brooklyn. Drove all the way there and the manager was like, "Sorry our shipment was delayed." I was like "WTF? The app says pickup 2/8 by 3pm." Manager said, "Some people reveived an update through e-mail to come another day and some people didn't." I said when, and he was like "IDK bro, I don't even have a list of confirmed reservations yet."

Double checked with FTL CS. They had no idea. Connected me to FLX support and they also had no idea. They wanted to talk to the manager there but they don't even know the stores phone number. Had to walk back and hand the manager the phone. AND NOW he's like, "Yeah, we got the list of people ready and because the shipment was delayed, pickup will be on Wednesday."

What ****ery Foot Locker....
Chicago did theirs today. Two separate lines, each was probably 35ish minutes. Well organized though from what I could tell.

Yeah.. I was told LA shipment delayed till Wednesday as well.. pick up gonna be a sh*tshow

Back
Top Bottom