Air Jordan 1 Hi ‘85 (New beginning) “ Reverse Bred”

The toe rand is too thick, comes up too high and the toebox is more narrow. I don't like what they did. Not a fan at all. Changes the look too much for me.
I remember seeing a comparison vid with real 85s and he kept saying the toe box looks just like the originals. Im just sitting there thinking bro youre trippin. The top piece is way smaller. I dont know where they got that from but it wasnt from the originals

I see some occasional pics where it looks kind of ok but they really shouldve err’d on the side of a slimmer toe rand. Nobody wants clown shoes. Especially these days. That ship has sailed people arent down anymore

From a purely aesthetic standpoint I have come to like this colorway better than the OG black reds.

Don’t hate me... just saying. I love the extra red. Extremely disappointed I missed out on these. Not paying anything over $500 resell either.

1581886896940.png

I remember seeing a comparison vid with real 85s and he kept saying the toe box looks just like the originals. Im just sitting there thinking bro youre trippin. The top piece is way smaller. I dont know where they got that from but it wasnt from the originals

I see some occasional pics where it looks kind of ok but they really shouldve err’d on the side of a slimmer toe rand. Nobody wants clown shoes. Especially these days. That ship has sailed people arent down anymore
:lol:...it’s nowhere near like the originals. I saw that video too. The toe box and rand, even the vamp is on a different slant. The toe cap comes up way too high and looking down on the shoe you can totally see the difference in shape. I think the shape of the 1’s we’ve been getting are better than the 2020 85’s. They didn’t get these new ones right.

I'm so sad, stopped at the nike outlet on 87th, the main rep said they sold a few of the chicago 1's on Tuesday, I didnt believe him so I asked of they had any rev breds, he said we ran out about an hour ago. Smh

From a purely aesthetic standpoint I have come to like this colorway better than the OG black reds.

Don’t hate me... just saying. I love the extra red. Extremely disappointed I missed out on these. Not paying anything over $500 resell either.
These are definitely fire but you like these better than breds? Bro...

Inventory moves so fast at that store we probably didn’t even have a real shot anyway

Nope. Like a whisper they were gone. I'm sure it wasnt publicized at all. Tried a couple other outlet stores and got nothing.

:lol:...it’s nowhere near like the originals. I saw that video too. The toe box and rand, even the vamp is on a different slant. The toe cap comes up way too high and looking down on the shoe you can totally see the difference in shape. I think the shape of the 1’s we’ve been getting are better than the 2020 85’s. They didn’t get these new ones right.

I Tried Telling The Peoples This EARLY And Caught Nothing But Flack! :lol:

One Dude Even Went As Far As Posting A Pair Of His 85’s :rolleyes

these gonna drop on snkrs during allstar game half time?

3D94F22D-7A12-4201-9130-A12F780206A2.jpeg
5490E776-74D8-4114-A088-D12BB6CD0C5A.jpeg

Maybe I can set the record straight once and for all lol. The OGs were made in different factories back in the day so there are differences in the the thickness of the toe rand. My guess is they used a pair like my Chicagos for the remaster. The thickness is almost exact the same. The toe box and size of the holes on the other hand are quite off. Other differences I noticed was the back still had a slight curve. The leather could also be thicker and softer. I’d give the 85s a solid 9/10.

3D94F22D-7A12-4201-9130-A12F780206A2.jpeg
5490E776-74D8-4114-A088-D12BB6CD0C5A.jpeg

Maybe I can set the record straight once and for all lol. The OGs were made in different factories back in the day so there are differences in the the thickness of the toe rand. My guess is they used a pair like my Chicagos for the remaster. The thickness is almost exact the same. The toe box and size of the holes on the other hand are quite off. Other differences I noticed was the back still had a slight curve. The leather could also be thicker and softer. I’d give the 85s a solid 9/10.
Yeah the holes arent helping at all

Back
Top Bottom