Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

This is why I said this year royals kills the 01's, even the OG's.They have a better shape and comfort. Also the quality of the leathers are not super thin or a super hard, plastic feel either. 

I agree, although the leather on the 09 shadows was absolutely amazing lol, but the 2013 leather isn't bad. It's definitely night and day between my 01's and 13's

So this is certainly promising that NDC will be getting them. As far as I know, they never confirmed a date that they would release on NDC through twitter, even though at one point they very briefly claimed they'd have the Royals before backtracking.

What amazed me about the stupidity of the Royal release was how much inventory went to Europe and Australia, much of it sitting on the shelves at retailers. It's terrible business to make your customers spend almost 2x as much to get them from Australia, Germany or Poland where no one locally wants them. Those same customers could have bought them in the U.S. if offered the opportunity and have money to buy more of your products.

I won't give Nike too much credit yet, but if they have any brains, the U.S. will see a LOT more of the inventory make it here than did for the Royals, and NDC carrying them is a good sign that they've corrected this blunder for the Black Toe release.

Cool pic. Jumpman kills those Vegas 1s though...
Not really. The leather is buttery, the ankle padding is uber comfortable, and the liner design is sweet. If the Jumpman ruins the shoe for you, it's ruined hundreds of Jordan releases, making your point moot.

Not really. The leather is buttery, the ankle padding is uber comfortable, and the liner design is sweet. If the Jumpman ruins the shoe for you, it's ruined hundreds of Jordan releases, making your point moot.
It has certainly ruined every single jordan 1 release that it has made an appearance on IMO.  I've passed on all of them for that reason.  Don't see how that makes my point moot but i guess we can agree to disagree.

Leather on these are crazy hope the black toes are at least like the royals ,banned then vegas then royals quality wise IMO
The Vegas 1's are the most overlooked 1 release in the past few years. But they were easy as hell to cop! One of my favorite regular wears:
nthat.gif
 Somewhat regret selling my last pair, but the Jumpman did kill it for me. The leather on them is AMAZING though. 

Jumpman on these is not a problem leather is incredible more than happy with this purchase if u have a chance to pick them up jump on them you won't regret it, I got royals and the leather is not like these very underrated shoe

Last edited:
The shape is not even that bad this year, it's almost impossible to screw up a 1. you gotta give JB a bit more credit man
I agree. I think this years OG inspired 1's have the best overall shape for 1's PERIOD. I own/owned ever year 1's 85,94,01,03,08-13 so it's just my personal opinion. I never liked how OG 85' 1's midsole pertruded the upper. The upper doesn't pertrude the midsole like a lot of the 94' retros. Also they went back to the shoe being wider like the 85, 94's for a better fit and a higher toe box. This is why I said this year royals kills the 01's, even the OG's.They have a better shape and comfort. Also the quality of the leathers are not super thin or a super hard, plastic feel either. 

This years mold is most similar to the '94 Retro 1's, which in my opinion is the best mold for the Jordan 1. These arent bad, but my only pet peeve is the non-rolled toe cap. If they had a rolled toe cap like the '85, '94, & '01 then they could easily be the best mold by miles. I love the addition to the wider toe box as you said because it pays homage to the originals.

But let's not take away from the 85 & 94. Like you I've had every 1 mold as well. They're some well constructed sturdy shoes that are wearable today. They feel heavy duty, and display awesome craftsmanship. But comfort is a big factor, and the high high top ankle collar makes them slightly uncomfortable.

Who cares really tho, let's just enjoy them all.

my only pair of 2013s are the Celtics and i UnDs them this past weekend and they are mad comfy i was truly surprised by it and now i cant wait to have these, shadows and Black/reds (if they drop) what a great year! oh i did miss the royals but found an 01 pair for 225 shipped so i didnt get too dissapointed lol

It has certainly ruined every single jordan 1 release that it has made an appearance on IMO.  I've passed on all of them for that reason.  Don't see how that makes my point moot but i guess we can agree to disagree.
It's a moot point because it's not specific to the RTTG Las Vegas colorway. Outside of the handful of 1's from this year and the Banneds, there hasn't been an AJ1 retro without the jumpman in a dozen years. And there's at least a FEW good 1's since 2001.

The Vegas 1's were easily had on ebay for around $90 prior to the Royals coming out. Once that debacle occurred, I can't seem to find a pair in my size for less than $160!!

Regrets.

It's a moot point because it's not specific to the RTTG Las Vegas colorway. Outside of the handful of 1's from this year and the Banneds, there hasn't been an AJ1 retro without the jumpman in a dozen years. And there's at least a FEW good 1's since 2001.
There were a few that could have been good and that were otherwise well executed. The RTTGs you have are a prime example, as are the white/metallic series and the shadows. All very nice otherwise but not for me. So I guess I should have originally stated my real point, which is that the heel jumpman, for me, kills ANY 1 that it touches. I can't knock people for buying them, I just never have.

Back to the topic though, I'm just happy to be able to buy real 1s at retail again. Can't wait to add black toes to the collection.

Cannot wait for these. I really do hope they drop on NDC....because in that case, multiple pairs will be had. :smokin

man i love my vegas 1's , hold up so well even when i played ball and beat the **** out of them lmao

Back
Top Bottom