Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

Whatever happened to the restock for Royals that was mentioned in Royals thread, with the list of all those FinishLines at all the malls?? Did any of that come into fruition? 
This,  I was looking for Kam's post but I'm not really sure.  What I do know is my city got a new shoepalace that opened up about a month ago or something and they had a run of the Royals... completely caught my city off guard and nobody even knew about it. also, my FTL in the mall is in the process of converting to a HOH (basically what Kam alluded to) so I'm thinking there is a good chance they could have some, but who really knows.  All in all, I'm still happy with myself paying $280 for em after RD.

This,  I was looking for Kam's post but I'm not really sure.  What I do know is my city got a new shoepalace that opened up about a month ago or something and they had a run of the Royals... completely caught my city off guard and nobody even knew about it. also, my FTL in the mall is in the process of converting to a HOH (basically what Kam alluded to) so I'm thinking there is a good chance they could have some, but who really knows.  All in all, I'm still happy with myself paying $280 for em after RD.
Thanks @btptt555. I thought Kam's post was referring to Finishline's who were trying to compete with FTL turning into HOH's and releasing heat. Anyways, would anyone in here trade their Royals for Black Toe? 

Thanks @btptt555. I thought Kam's post was referring to Finishline's who were trying to compete with FTL turning into HOH's and releasing heat. Anyways, would anyone in here trade their Royals for Black Toe? 
No problem man.  And I'm not even sure what his post was referring to.  He's been on point with some info and off/speculating on other info.  And to answer your question absolutely NO would not trade royals for black toes.  I really want the black toes, but for now, I'm going to wait it out.  My personal opinion only (so don't flametard me) but it looks like the Black Toes might be slightly more available than Royals.  Hopefully they are on par with the Knicks release but who knows, we will see.  Royals are very nice.  The quality on mine is on point.

The only shoe u could probably trade a royal for is a bred if they dropped. Its the only colorway that compares.

Cop for sure! JB is really doing it this year with these releases! 
pimp.gif

Although I am a huge fan of black toes and I really like the shadows, I have to admit I don't see that happening.

As far as OG 1's go for this year I just wanted the royals, the shadows and black/red that'll potentially release this year. I lucked out on the royals and got lucky to have a pair and I expect that if the black/red 1 releases it'll be chaotic to say the least but I'm intrigued by the shadow 1's. I love my '09 pair to death and I'm very curious to see this shoe back in its original form which I think is a sick colorway. Then add to that "very limited" label it was given and now I'm very intrigued. But I guess it's all just personal opinion as far what OG 1's are worth trading for the others...

Really most who missed or ignored the royals thread and/or release are missing the point. they were just straight up tough. when people have to go that hard for a 1 overseas no less, thats sayin something. no info came out weeks before release and nike had maybe one clueless person say they might have em but they werent sure. quickly that was followed with tweets and replies that they would not be available on ndc, only the smaller size. That held up for at least a week or two till release. funny cause it was like everthing fell silent and then reality set in that these were really tough. fnl waffled thier story up till the last minute and they got basically nothing as far as the usual alotment is concerned. Royals were basically not instore except for specialized locations. remember the royals are probably the only cw not bulls that sell as much as or more than most bulls colorways. i cant see nike treating them like anymore than just a special side release hence the allstar game. they are first and foremost a manufacturer/retailer. they arent really hip on the secondary market. they dont make decisions based on what collectors think they should do. These black toes i wouldnt be surprised to see nike step to the plate and throw these online. From a retail standpoint it makes sense. the demand is there, the og retro 1 track record is great and they are a bulls colorway. the bulls 1s didnt make it on ndc but the were in stores. Though i even heard they had sizes restocked on there for some reason. nike could change it up
The bulls were on NDC

Can't wait for these black toes, I had to split the pack with my homie back in the day when we was broke, but now we living good :smokin

The shape is not even that bad this year, it's almost impossible to screw up a 1. you gotta give JB a bit more credit man
I agree. I think this years OG inspired 1's have the best overall shape for 1's PERIOD. I own/owned ever year 1's 85,94,01,03,08-13 so it's just my personal opinion. I never liked how OG 85' 1's midsole pertruded the upper. The upper doesn't pertrude the midsole like a lot of the 94' retros. Also they went back to the shoe being wider like the 85, 94's for a better fit and a higher toe box. This is why I said this year royals kills the 01's, even the OG's.They have a better shape and comfort. Also the quality of the leathers are not super thin or a super hard, plastic feel either. 

I agree. I think this years OG inspired 1's have the best overall shape for 1's PERIOD. I own/owned ever year 1's 85,94,01,03,08-13 so it's just my personal opinion. I never liked how OG 85' 1's midsole pertruded the upper. The upper doesn't pertrude the midsole like a lot of the 94' retros. Also they went back to the shoe being wider like the 85, 94's for a better fit and a higher toe box. This is why I said this year royals kills the 01's, even the OG's.They have a better shape and comfort. Also the quality of the leathers are not super thin or a super hard, plastic feel either. 

^^this

Agree with everything you said. These are basically the OG with a lot of the flaws corrected. The back of the shoe looks way better with the bigger square and the stitching change. Materials might not be quite as high quality but they are more than good enough for a casual shoe.

Anyone know the size run on these or the 1s in general? 7-15? tts?

I've never had any 1s, trying to make these my first.

You can go tts, but I usually go half size up for a tad extra space. They're a bit narrow.

Last edited:

Every size. mens: 7.5-12, 13, 14, 15. The 1s are narrow but have lots of space in the toe. So going down will feel a little tight, but your toe will feel where it belongs. going up will relieve your foot if you have wide feet but your toes will be swimming, which also means easier creases. i usually go down even though i have wide feet. i like my toes to be near the toe cap

Just got a pair shipped to me for retail from my buddy who was taking pre-orders at 290. I posted info and would secure the pair for NT fam but he sold out already (he only had a full size run)

Last edited:
I have moderately wide feet and have gone with my normal JB size in 1s with no issue. 1s are a little narrow but dude above is correct in that there is more toebox space available. I wear a half size bigger in all Nikes.

and this is y i am buyin them they dont look like dunks

Back
Top Bottom