Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently trying an "experiment" where I wear these shoes for most all things I do (workout, penguin walk, b-ball, etc.). I'm curious to see how long they will truly last.

stay in school kid

fixed

And this is why you don't smoke crack fam.

We got cats getting jealous people are calling them banned 1's because their '11 pairs cost $800 at Flight Club. Lmao..

ive never been jealous of an idiot & i wont start today

you are attempting to RE-nickname a shoe model & color what A SINGLE RELEASE was called...its on the box...a point that was made a pg or so ago nicknames usually come from the box color description & on the 2011 blk/red 1 outlet release it says BANNED which is why that certain pair is called BANNED not every blk/red 1 that drops & not every blk/red jordan colorway kid.... & finally i dont give A $%^&*( what they are at FC i paid $110 flat for my set..... if you even have them i guarantee you paid x5 that amount at the least

Last edited:
true, the only ones that can be labeled banned are the OG 85 Black/red 1s (because they were actually banned) and the '11 release because it was a specific release and was labeled as "Banned" all others are just black/red jordan 1s, plain and simple right? not for some i bet, but in the end call them what u want but you will sound ignorant calling all black/red 1s banned, just sayin

C'mon man, it is worth it to kick knowledge. Especially in this forum, We should be dropping knowledge to help out these kids. After all even the most knowledgeable NTers started off not knowing anything. I know there is a lot of new members that don't care and just buy Jordan's because its the cool thing to do, and they think they can make bank flipping shoes
eyes.gif

But there are also kids that love and appreciate Jordan's just like the older heads, and they deserve the chance to gain knowledge from us.
While I hear what your saying, I have learned to keep my mouth shut on forums like these.  Yes, there are young collectors who appreciate the history and knowledge older collectors like me have to offer, but for every one of those, there are 20 who just look to argue with people and have no idea what they are talking about.  I'm 39 years old and have had a passion for Jordans since the beginning.  The first pair I ever got were the OG black/red AJKO I's, just to give an example of how old I really am lol  

I don't dare try to "drop knowledge" in these forums, not because I'm afraid to, but because the response I get usually ends up causing me so much aggravation that it's just not worth it to me anymore.  I stayed away from NT for the better part of 2 years because of this.  The final straw was when there was a discussion about carmine VI's and I posted a pic of my DS OG Carmines to compare them to the CDP VI's and got "yelled" at by several members, telling me that no one cares about OG shoes or collectors and that retros were better anyway.  That was the last time I posted anything or even visited NT for about 2 years.  When I checked in with NT a couple of years later, the format had changed and my user name was gone, so I created a new user name and decided to give NT another chance, only to quickly realize that not much has changed.  For the most part, I will remain a casual observer and just come to check out if there is any new info on releases I'm interested in.

While I hear what your saying, I have learned to keep my mouth shut on forums like these.  Yes, there are young collectors who appreciate the history and knowledge older collectors like me have to offer, but for every one of those, there are 20 who just look to argue with people and have no idea what they are talking about.  I'm 39 years old and have had a passion for Jordans since the beginning.  The first pair I ever got were the OG black/red AJKO I's, just to give an example of how old I really am lol  

I don't dare try to "drop knowledge" in these forums, not because I'm afraid to, but because the response I get usually ends up causing me so much aggravation that it's just not worth it to me anymore.  I stayed away from NT for the better part of 2 years because of this.  The final straw was when there was a discussion about carmine VI's and I posted a pic of my DS OG Carmines to compare them to the CDP VI's and got "yelled" at by several members, telling me that no one cares about OG shoes or collectors and that retros were better anyway.  That was the last time I posted anything or even visited NT for about 2 years.  When I checked in with NT a couple of years later, the format had changed and my user name was gone, so I created a new user name and decided to give NT another chance, only to quickly realize that not much has changed.  For the most part, I will remain a casual observer and just come to check out if there is any new info on releases I'm interested in.
I agree I feel the same way I said some stuff on the royal 1 tread folks didn't like it im 40 I know shoes its mostly kids on here bro

(Insert The Rock clapping .gif)
As an older collector, we grew up in the greatest era for Nike and JB. They pumped out the greatest hits, which will never be reproduced.
The JB forum will never be the way it used to be.

Big shoutout to AirForce1King for being honest and effecient and looking out for the nt communty.

This is my first pair of NA treatment 1s. I feel like the leather will age nicely .This is 1 pair that will stay in heavy rotation for a long time.

Yo V, I'd go .5 up because of the extra padding. But if you still have room in your TTS, go ahead and stick with TTS. It will be a little tight with a TTS but you can loosen up laces depending how you tie them and if you lace swap, go with the 72cm I believe. Or just use one of the extra pair of laces from your OG 1s. Hope that ramble was helpful
laugh.gif
I appreciate it G! I'm gonna do a lace swap from my Celtic 1's and throw the black laces with the gold tips on the Vegas 1's. It will have a similar look to the CDP 1's and gold tips will match with the gold Jordan wings logo.

I don't dare try to "drop knowledge" in these forums, not because I'm afraid to, but because the response I get usually ends up causing me so much aggravation that it's just not worth it to me anymore. I stayed away from NT for the better part of 2 years because of this

QFT. It's a jungle sometimes. I got outta here for a while too lol

I appreciate it G! I'm gonna do a lace swap from my Celtic 1's and throw the black laces with the gold tips on the Vegas 1's. It will have a similar look to the CDP 1's and gold tips will match with the gold Jordan wings logo.

Very very nice. :smokin
Takes pic and post for sure brotha

Last edited:
if you can please post pics.

yeah they cool . paid too much but i didnt wanna gamble . if anybody in the va area is still looking , the dtlr at lynnhaven mall has them just sitting . wouldnt hurt to check em out . . .

yeah they cool . paid too much but i didnt wanna gamble . if anybody in the va area is still looking , the dtlr at lynnhaven mall has them just sitting . wouldnt hurt to check em out . . .
Any idea what sizes they have?

i have no idea i was with my kids didnt have time to stop and ask , id call and see . my guess is a lot tho . nobody in this area really jumps when 1's drop , which is great .

I did that and it looks great.

Black/grey 1 thread people.....

You know, the air Jordan 1s that are all black and grey?

No doubt, back to the bley 1s lol. Mine are odd. One shoe has the slight creasing close to the swoosh but the upper and collar material is straight up black toe feeling. The other one is nice but the upper and the collar feel like my lv 1s almost with parts that are real soft. Strange.

Yeah I understand, I'm a new mod and I was made part of the staff to help control and make the Jordan forum better. If I was a mod when that happened things would have been different. I'm trying my best to make the forum better, but it's hard to do if the older members and the people that really love Air Jordan's like yourself just give up on the forum. I try to deal with those trouble making kids that just want to argue as fast as I can but its hard to catch everything.This still can be a quality forum, there's still a core group of members in the Jordan forum that are a family and make this a great community IMO. Times have changed and it will never be the same but that's just the way it is.

I appreciate you trying to steer the conversation the right way but a lot of the previous threads (Royals, Black & Gold's, etc.) get shut down and this happens to be the best place to post simple questions/suggestions for fellow Jordan 1 fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom