Air Jordan 1 High "OG" Celtics - April 6th 2013 Vol. Updates Always on Page 1

just talked to the connect, im getting these for 30% on Tuesday. im smooth about to customize them

Went into 2 different Shoe Palaces the other day. They are just sitting.

Yeah River Oaks has these just rotting on the wall too. I saw a guy in Jimmy Jazz pick them up, laugh at them, and then put them back on the wall.

These possibly might even hit outlets.

^^ That is some backward a-- thinking on JBs part. I wish the Royals were switched with this release. Imagine the bottom line (for JB) if it were. This release is now outlet bound.

^^ That is some backward a-- thinking on JBs part. I wish the Royals were switched with this release. Imagine the bottom line (for JB) if it were. This release is now outlet bound.

These probably had the same numbers as the Roayl 1's but there is no crazy hype behind them.

The Royal 1's have no team affiliation either. If you aren't a fan of the Celtics you probably won't be checking for them.

funny **** abot these jb figured since everyone was gonna miss out on the black and gold...that sales of these would pick up...they sitting in some parts of the country....go on feebay and its 220+ on these lol smh people overvalue these...

yeah i think jordan brand just made these as a consolation prize to not getting the black/golds. that release killed any buzz that this shoe had. alot of people held off on these because those released a week later. these are honestly sitting like the michigans, georgetowns, or any of the other non nike air branded jordan 1. i think the colorway is just too out there for the casual consumer to buy. it's way too much going on.

had these kept the same color blocking as the Chicagos. with a white tongue and a green sole, they would have sold much better. hell, the 93 1s are even selling better than these. i havent seen 1 person rocking these.

bottom line? All OG 1s released combined won't even be 1.5% of sales. Between all 4 released so far I doubt there is even 100,000 pairs

Last edited:
bottom line? All OG 1s released combined won't even be 1.5% of sales. Between all 4 released so far I doubt there is even 100,000 pairs
Exactly why these should get bought up while they can. Dont know how there could be a better 1 retro than current og's. Chicagos not included imho.

Good thing demand wasn't high with these.

Last edited:
Exactly why these should get bought up while they can. Dont know how there could be a better 1 retro than current og's. Chicagos not included imho.

The ones are definitely my priority this year. So far i got the two I wanted. (These and two royals). Between now and june my only must haves are 1s and grapes.

I had thought about the white laces....but the black tongue kills that, IMO. I tried the gold laces and went back to black. Just sits better with the tongue.

That is not my pic. I figured I didnt have to say that since the name on the bottom wasnt mine. But then again people have multiple screen names

If you were a NKE shareholder, wouldn’t you want instant sell outs upon RD? If a product sits and goes to outlets, that's a lost profit opportunity. Every penny counts in the revenue grand scheme of things.

If you were a NKE shareholder, wouldn’t you want instant sell outs upon RD? If a product sits and goes to outlets, that's a lost profit opportunity. Every penny counts in the revenue grand scheme of things.
Not necessarily. Someone who doesn't know about retro release dates may have picked these up. Now he is a jordan retro fan. Retroes go for more than most of the jordan brand trash out there anyway. Now this guy is going to spend hundreds/thousands on Jordans over the years. All of this because he randomly walked into a Foot Locker and saw these sitting. I as an investor would rather have that than sell a few thousand more 1s.

Not necessarily. Someone who doesn't know about retro release dates may have picked these up. Now he is a jordan retro fan. Retroes go for more than most of the jordan brand trash out there anyway. Now this guy is going to spend hundreds/thousands on Jordans over the years. All of this because he randomly walked into a Foot Locker and saw these sitting. I as an investor would rather have that than sell a few thousand more 1s.

OK, you just stated a consumer, a regular one.
JB creates false hype by limiting production numbers. Someone that doesn't know RDs, and stumbles across this release may, or may not buy them. I see what you're saying. Basically, JB needs to produce more pairs, to have pairs sit. So when Joe-shmoe "Happens" to come across a retro, he's hooked into collecting.

I believe the people at Nike/JB have analyst to project long term growth. They don't care about the new "collector". They care about selling out every RD with little/low production cost to make high profit returns. When they reel in new consumers buying out Spizikes and SOM. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

But these 1’s are the cheapest Jordans to manufacture. So why not make more pairs to satisfy the demand??? That Lost Profit Opportunity is something that could line their pockets. But Nike/JB is smart. It takes money to make money. A little less money now, makes more money later. Creating hype, leading to thirst, then buying something else to quench the thirst. (If they strike out)

Back
Top Bottom