Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

Court purples and pine green

"My feet" tells me they feel like Shadows and the quality is like Royals... which as you know the quality on the Royals are all over the place but good....

I dont have Purples so I can't comment on that....

My Pine Green on the other hand is still dead stock, and I only have 1 pair so I cant compare to another pair but it has some tumble but not like the Obsidian ball sack tumble...

20190902_200107.jpg

20190902_200203.jpg

My pine greens are a tad stiffer than my Shadows. If I was blindfolded, I probably couldn't tell the difference between my Shadows and Obsidians just based on feel.

In before the lower sizes get close to high 400s and guys start regretting not copping when it was around 300.

its NOT like the banneds, it's NOT like the shadows, it's NOT like the greens, its EXACTLY like the BLACK TOES,k everywhere the black toes are red, change that to this weird sorta Carolina bluish! and you got these!!! /schwinggg!!

FInally got shipping from KicksUSA. God that site is awful. Checkout was easy but not getting any sort of confirmation and not being able to see my account for days is inexcusable.

Damn mines were suppose to be delivered tomorrow but just checked the tracking and it says they’re on the truck to be delivered today, yeah buddy! :nthat:

I wonder why shadows had a low resale value compared to these... the shadows must of had more pairs...will pass though unless I can cop off stockx for less than 300 but i doubt it lol

its NOT like the banneds, it's NOT like the shadows, it's NOT like the greens, its EXACTLY like the BLACK TOES,k everywhere the black toes are red, change that to this weird sorta Carolina bluish! and you got these!!! /schwinggg!!
full

This is the shoe game it is what it is some people don’t belong in this game.. we all know it’s not a cheap game to be playing. Never understand how people compline about prices or say I want this shoe but I am not paying over this much. You are either in or out People need to stop sitting on the fence pease our fam I am just saying this is not directed towards you Personally

Fam no need to school or give tips, been doing this for a while, im in AND im saying what im not paying how about that lol

Of course if it doesn't get to the price i want i either cough up extra or take the L and keep it moving

But the beautiful thing about this so called game u talm bout, the next release someone always wants :pimp:, ill get my pair for my price point one way or another, read between the lines

I wonder why shadows had a low resale value compared to these... the shadows must of had more pairs...will pass though unless I can cop off stockx for less than 300 but i doubt it lol
Shadows were everywhere, sat on shelves for a while in some spots. Plentyfull & some ppl find the colorway underwhelming.

Referring to collecting shoes or buying sneakers as the "sneaker game" or "in this game" is extra cringeworthy.
Reminds me of dudes who sold dub sacks in high school and said that they were in the game. :smh:
You wanna be in the game, go turn on an EA Sports title on your ps4/xbox.

Do any other hobbies get referred to as "the game".... cars, figurines, watches, wine, etc?
Legit question btw. It just sounds so forced and super duper corny.

Hoping my SNKRS pair coming in is more similar to your pair than my Footlocker pair. The heel area on my Footlocker pair is nowhere near as buttery as my SBB's.
MVIMG_20190902_193039.jpg
I like how both your sbb1 and unc have similarity on the tumbledness on the sail panel. Your FTL pair looks pretty buttery on pic but having in hand is another story.

No two pairs are exactly alike so I'm sure you'll get some variation wit your snkrs pair

Leather is butter all the way around, on par with OG SBB.
In a few years' time I see these inching up in value maybe as much as the SBB's.

What's even sweeter is that GS pairs are just as buttery

20190901_150641.jpg
20190901_151105.jpg

20190901_151338.jpg

20190901_133318.jpg

20190901_133340.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Really shows and illustrates the leather quality compared to SBB which IMO is the exact same. A lot of people really think the SBB leather is some sort of other worldly leather that no shoe can compare to when that’s just not true. These UNCs and many other cws have the SAME quality leather as SBBs (of course textures will vary from pair to pair). Idk why SBB gets such high praise on leather quality in comparison to some other cws that also use and have the same exact leather in the same places. Just always irked me. I think the fact that SBBs were the first with that colorblocking and that sail tumbled leather that hadn’t been seen before to that point is what makes people go crazy about the perceived “quality” and exaggerate how good they are. Oh and the fact that they were limited. Can’t forget that. Just sick of by default comparing every release to SBBs as if they are the gold standard when they are clearly not. Shadows have the best leather out of all em if you want to get technical, followed by Chi’s and actual OG UNCs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom