Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

These are really nice.. Soft leather and that smooth liner.
20190902_120714.jpg

Just enough texture to make me happy.
20190902_120252.jpg

That's exactly how I hope mine arrives. Perfect pair.

The management of the lineup process with brick and mortar is def disappointing at times. Especially with the mom and pop chains. In the DMV, at certain stores the line gets little respect.

People just walk in the store and start calling out sizes they want to random floor workers and then the floor worker goes and reserves that size for them (I'm talking pairs that weren't won via raffle). I've seen this happen many times, and I'm not talking about doing it for connected people, that's just how they doing it.

I'm telling the workers ya'll have to confirm what the process is. Dude confirmed that walking in and saying your size is acceptable and will be given preference over a person already waiting in line (for the same shoes that we all obviously in there for) that hasn't mentioned their size yet. Meanwhile female worker behind the counter is telling dude that serving the customers in order should be the right way to do it, but she wasn't the shotcaller.

These are spots with high turnover on employees, and the employees aren't even on the same page of how they want to operate when it's showtime. All this = no consistency on the process for unraffled/unclaimed pairs from release to release.

Is the fake pair above GS or Men's?

Here's a photo of mine, authentic GS from Shoe Palace, which looks somewhat similar the fake pair photo you posted
20190902_021533.jpg

This one is a men's size, authentic from Footlocker:
20190902_021917.jpg

The fake was a men’s size 10.5. My sister wears GS and I’ve seen Rs not as tight on GS pairs so you’re good bud.

fakes? nah boi you buggin... next thing you gonna start looking out for fake payless shoes

Someone cancel this man. Either you dabble with UAs, sell UAs, or you’re new to the game and clueless. Boi there are plenty of fake Jordans out there. Lmao. Boi, Stick to your authentic Payless joints and keep it movinnnnn.

Last edited:

Dudes are too old for that.

Arguing with people who could be your son.

Why do people think leaving a chair should get respected.

Dude was around number eight, got out of line to try and complain his way to first. :rofl:

And they didn't care if he got in front, because he got a 13. Which didn't make any sense, since that was his fourth pair.

$128 though. :wow:

Last edited:
This is not a 100% clear way to tell authentic pairs from fake.

When the person is selling for $200 and claims the receipt fell out of the bag, then changes up his story to “I bought people out, in line at the store.” Things just didn’t add up; Would any of you, sell the shoes for a measly $24 over retail if someone was buying all the pairs out? Even if he was buying people out at $200 a pop for size 10.5, do you think he’d sell for $200 when they’re fetching much more??

I know the Rs don’t ALWAYS tell the whole story on certain releases(see my turbo green post-retail snkrs pair has a suspect R) but with this release the Rs are consistent(check your legit pairs if you don’t believe me). Fugazis have the wonky R with this release for sure.

I woulda told them cats whatever they wanted to hear outside. Once I got in the store its quiet for all that.
I'm a grown man, its not like I'm about to let one of them "check" my bag to make sure I bought the size I said I was gonna buy so how they gonna know.
But I'm from NYC so I got a different mentality. Its eat or be eaten in this sneaker s*** out here.
Nah I wouldn’t have did that snake **** either. I would’ve said straight up I’m taking an 8. If you don’t like it **** you. That’s an nyc mentality

I woulda told them cats whatever they wanted to hear outside. Once I got in the store its quiet for all that.
I'm a grown man, its not like I'm about to let one of them "check" my bag to make sure I bought the size I said I was gonna buy so how they gonna know.
But I'm from NYC so I got a different mentality. Its eat or be eaten in this sneaker s*** out here.

Not always. I’ve helped and made friends who ended up helping me. It don’t have to be that way...

Nah I wouldn’t have did that snake **** either. I would’ve said straight up I’m taking an 8. If you don’t like it **** you. That’s an nyc mentality
Yeah but why buy something that do not even fit you. If it is tour double up than i fully understand the hustle.

When the person is selling for $200 and claims the receipt fell out of the bag, then changes up his story to “I bought people out, in line at the store.” Things just didn’t add up; Would any of you, sell the shoes for a measly $24 over retail if someone was buying all the pairs out? Even if he was buying people out at $200 a pop for size 10.5, do you think he’d sell for $200 when they’re fetching much more??

I know the Rs don’t ALWAYS tell the whole story on certain releases(see my turbo green post-retail snkrs pair has a suspect R) but with this release the Rs are consistent(check your legit pairs if you don’t believe me). Fugazis have the wonky R with this release for sure.

You'd be surprised at how many amateurs there are who try to flip shoes. I see people on Round Two's page selling for exactly 200 or slightly more. They're trying to get their money back and little more. Size 12 on SX is averaging at $210.

Yeah but why buy something that do not even fit you. If it is tour double up than i fully understand the hustle.
To make money. If I already have my 13 on lock I am not taking another 13 in an aj1. I am also not going to lie about my intentions either. If it’s obvious like it is with aj1 I’m going for Chinese sizes. Otherwise if I don’t know the people in line I ain’t tellin em what size I’m going for, people are spiteful and will buy it on purpose even if they don’t want it

you the same dude alex that said after playing a scratchoff lotto ticket, you hated winning the same amount of money that you spent on the ticket and you would rather lose or get nothing :lol: you rather get 0% back?? :emoji_joy:

That’s a pretty great haul for SNKRS app. I have hit for only 3 sneakers ever on SNKRS App TS 4 cactus Jack and Nike FOG raid in both black and light bone and that’s been it every other time it’s been L’s. I must say though on the FTL apps I consistently hit on CHAMPS even though I spend the most at Foot Locker and I’m platinum on all 3 of the FTL apps. I wonder how they decide where you will win? I guess since they are all own by FTL they figure the money is all going to the same place so it really doesn’t matter who gives you your kicks as long as they get your order out. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I've had a lot of luck on SNKRs (sz 10) to the point I'm probably overly reliant on it (bred toe, bc3, game royal, TS4, shadow, bc4, concord, infared 6, la to chi, obsidian). I'd like to know how much it's being quick to submit payment vs purely random. Size plays a factor of course, with 10 probably being one of the better quantity vs demand sizes out there.

The Obsidian release was the first time I've tried the FTL apps . I'd be curious to know their system works also. It does seem like they should have something in place to prevent people hitting across all 3 apps while others can't through on 1.

most of em got the same mentality as you
being a middleman :lol:
this is why sneaker culture died or gonna be dead

we been saying this ish going to die for years. its not even dieing i mean the passion folks are gone but they been replaced with kids and internet hype beast and grandma and grandpa looking to flip. its the new hustle and stock x and goat and the media even dateline is explaining the process and the profits to a whole other culture and guess what they want in too.

economy is ruff right now and if you told anyone hey wanna make 100-150 in couple of hours they jump on it. some resellers are like honestly soccer mom's and dad's. This couple on my ig hit for like 3 pairs of OB blues and they weren't money sizes but were asking for 250-300. i had to let them know no one wants a 10.5,12,13 at that price though. but hey maybe someone might buy it. i know he got mad and said if you cant afford it get off my page. :lol: They got these parents thinking this a good investment and the next hustle. they dateline needs to explain to them buying up whats left over doesn't mean that's'a good thing lmao

over all the sneaker game reselling and the current culture its not going anywhere

we been saying the bubble is going to bust.

it never did the market just adjusted. now its more narrow sizes reselling 8-9.5 you can still get most other retros easy anything but Jordan 1's is attainable. Nike has a delicate balance that allows for hype here and there and allows everyone to flourish. they make another NA Jordan 1 with mass quantity guess what we all back and the game begins again.

what do i know i'm a size 13-14 so i know the game is ok for me, but resell breeds hype and nike cares about sellouts in fact its not

you the same dude alex that said after playing a scratchoff lotto ticket, you hated winning the same amount of money that you spent on the ticket and you would rather lose or get nothing :lol: you rather get 0% back?? :emoji_joy:
Yea I would rather lose then just get my bread back. That **** is annoying

Yea I would rather lose then just get my bread back. That **** is annoying

wait what you can always bring it back later they don't expire. idk if your was being sarcastic or if you honestly don't play the lotto, but if you do i rather just get my money back, but i go back like weeks later i just leave them in the car. also i don't play often if i do i get the 25-30 ticket. i don't waste my time with the small ones.

wait what you can always bring it back later they don't expire. idk if your was being sarcastic or if you honestly don't play the lotto, but if you do i rather just get my money back, but i go back like weeks later i just leave them in the car. also i don't play often if i do i get the 25-30 ticket. i don't waste my time with the small ones.
I play $20-30 scratch offs. The 20 ones in ny you can win $20 back but $30 you win at least 50. If I win I’d like to “win”, not get a refund. So yes I’d rather get nothing back then the $20 I invested. Especially if I bought 5 joints and lost all and only won $20 on one. **** that let me lose all 5 instead

Back
Top Bottom