Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Defiant $175

Got around to checking my pair out. I have mixed feelings about this sneaker. What i like: I love the build. It looks beautiful and solid. I like the leather tongue, the red on the tongue tag, the sock liner and the insole and the aged yellowish midsole/sole. Quality isnt as bad as people exaggerated it to be. What's bad is the quality on the red stripe. Seems like alot of you have similar complaint. Regardless i have to get rid of these as they are half size too big. But I'm not sure if i want to hunt down a size 10. Not sure if i like then that much. So far im leaning towards a pass. Prices are already falling on SX. What id change: id give the stripe a more paint brushed look to it with frayed ends. Better softer leather. Maybe some waxed laces with metal aglets. Red or a black sole.
20190227_170327.jpg
20190227_172605.jpg
20190227_174257_HDR.jpg
20190227_174753_HDR.jpg
20190227_174809_HDR.jpg
20190227_184206_HDR.jpg
20190227_184847_HDR.jpg
20190227_184925_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Swapped the wax laces from my YSL’s to try out on these bad boys. I think it look much better as it suits that luxury vibe they have.

Attachments

• 597A0D0D-7DB7-410D-87EA-16D3AB37DA60.jpeg
    597A0D0D-7DB7-410D-87EA-16D3AB37DA60.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 114
  • EF53A5C3-3864-48D5-9128-C2FF93310734.jpeg
    EF53A5C3-3864-48D5-9128-C2FF93310734.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 117
  • 2EE6FFA3-E897-49FD-AB8A-DB1E2261BCA0.jpeg
    2EE6FFA3-E897-49FD-AB8A-DB1E2261BCA0.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 7802DE76-6195-4E63-9EB5-4ADF837BB753.jpeg
    7802DE76-6195-4E63-9EB5-4ADF837BB753.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 121
  • E1D4A700-623F-4862-8D3D-2361D2B9D0A1.jpeg
    E1D4A700-623F-4862-8D3D-2361D2B9D0A1.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 124
This shoe is so trash why is Nike charging $15 more for Walmart dress shoe quality leather? Colorway also lazy and boring, what’s the appeal is it just hype?

The outsole should have been red, Jordan 1s alway looks better the outsole being a different colour to be midsole (unless they are a completely monotone colourway)

What id change: id give the stripe a more paint brushed look to it with frayed ends. Better softer leather. Maybe some waxed laces with metal aglets. Red or a black sole.

Agree. They would've knocked it out of the park with the stripe being a paint brushed look like the banned X. Leather like the 2015 Chicago 1's, black sole, and the waxed laces with metal aglets. Too bad they always drop the ball. This version is decent, but not a must have for me.

Nike got em here a day early. Love em.

Weather sucks in Houston right now and bout to head to New Orleans for Mardi Gras... not sure when I will be able to rock my pair. Hoping for no creases whenever it comes tho.

These are one of the most trash colorways ive ever seen on a Jordan 1, the design looks so lazy and uninspired.

funny how people will buy any aj1 that drops regardless of how stupid they look. these are a waste of a aj1 to me.. I mean they look like ying yangs that someone spray painted a stripe on..and they didnt even mask it off first lol.. 1s already crease like crazy you guys should know this with these being shiny black its a wrap and are crease machines for sure.

funny how people will buy any aj1 that drops regardless of how stupid they look. these are a waste of a aj1 to me.. I mean they look like ying yangs that someone spray painted a stripe on..and they didnt even mask it off first lol.. 1s already crease like crazy you guys should know this with these being shiny black its a wrap and are crease machines for sure.

that's the truth!

So I started my first layer. I’m going to hit it again tomorrow make it a bit thicker. I hit the inside too, I’ll post more angles when I’m completely done.

5DCF553D-7A5D-474F-87DA-96B51F7183BD.jpeg
0DE5CC8B-36E0-4603-AA8C-9EC35C6E058C.jpeg

Not so sure about this. If the extra layer adds some defenition to the strokes, it could look decent....Buuuuut, Good luck bro!!....Truly!

Funny how some people can't grow and change with the times. You sound like my girl....Wanna listen to the same 20 hair metal ballads and hates EVERYTHING after that era. And talks nothing but pure ISH about it, to boot. If it's not for you, then it's not for you....Fine. Why you mad bro? Can't style it to look good on yourself? Don't kill the (my) vibe with your negativity though. Giving an opinion with negative attributes is one thing, as well as your prerogative....Assuming why a consumer makes a choice to buy something with their own money and defining their desired acquisition as "Stupid" is rude. So, keeping that opinion to yourself is more beneficial to the conversation than you wanting to posture on what's "Funny" about people.....

Not so sure about this. If the extra layer adds some defenition to the strokes, it could look decent....Buuuuut, Good luck bro!!....Truly!

Funny how some people can't grow and change with the times. You sound like my girl....Wanna listen to the same 20 hair metal ballads and hates EVERYTHING after that era. And talks nothing but pure ISH about it, to boot. If it's not for you, then it's not for you....Fine. Why you mad bro? Can't style it to look good on yourself? Don't kill the (my) vibe with your negativity though. Giving an opinion with negative attributes is one thing, as well as your prerogative....Assuming why a consumer makes a choice to buy something with their own money and defining their desired acquisition as "Stupid" is rude. So, keeping that opinion to yourself is more beneficial to the conversation than you wanting to posture on what's "Funny" about people.....

Says the guy who bought this worthless release and rocks this crap like its a limited travis scott *** release.. ive been rocking jordans since they were sold at big 5, this is NT my post didnt get deleted by mods well because it was perfectly ok except to those who took offense.

Says the guy who bought this worthless release and rocks this crap like its a limited travis scott *** release.. ive been rocking jordans since they were sold at big 5, this is NT my post didnt get deleted by mods well because it was perfectly ok except to those who took offense.

Uhhhhhh, I haven't purchased these bruh! While you tryin to tell me about what I got in my collection...And if I DO decide to do so, that's MY business. Not yours. And you know what...that's what makes dudes like me DOPE! I ain't gotta have no TS release to be fresh. Don't even want them things....Not til the supposed Green ones. I been rockin J's since OG Grape V's bro. So, I don't care one iota about Big 5.

I live by the mantra "Man makes the clothes, never the clothes make the man." OR..."I always made the money, money never made me".

See, that's what got you in this mess to begin with. Assuming what you want to project on other people...That's toxic bro. You need to release that from your heart.

Back
Top Bottom