AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Anyone wearing these now to hoop in you win by the gun you did by the gun. These are no longer made with any sort of "hey these kids may hoop in them" logic.

Also... I just wish they'd address it and say they f***Ed up with this release in alot of ways. But they won't. That's sad.

But I will say...

Cot damn they're beautiful in hand with that leather 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Anyone wearing these now to hoop in you win by the gun you did by the gun. These are no longer made with any sort of "hey these kids may hoop in them" logic.

Also... I just wish they'd address it and say they f***Ed up with this release in alot of ways. But they won't. That's sad.

But I will say...

Cot damn they're beautiful in hand with that leather 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
For 230/300 Canadian they should be made the way they were in 1995. I love JB just as much as the next guy. But it’s a damn shame of what we get for the price point. If you don’t agree with that….🐑

But then again…wouldn’t buying a newer model be better for balling? Vice what is pretty much a lifestyle shoe now?

But then again…wouldn’t buying a newer model be better for balling? Vice what is pretty much a lifestyle shoe now?
Performance wise they are beasts and I love the aesthetics on court. But ya it sucks that is an issue and does not make me want to continue to hoop in retros.

Wouldn't buying $60 shoes to play Call of Duty and go to the mall be more financially responsible?

When has any of this ever made sense?

Seeing these on the court gets me hyped.

It’s wild cause I picked up one of my “by the door” pairs which is the 2012 playoffs I blacked out the midsoles on. I’ve worn them 100’s of times and there’s almost no creasing. The shape sucks but there’s only ever so slight creasing on the medial and lateral side at the back of the forefoot area.

It’s wild cause I picked up one of my “by the door” pairs which is the 2012 playoffs I blacked out the midsoles on. I’ve worn them 100’s of times and there’s almost no creasing. The shape sucks but there’s only ever so slight creasing on the medial and lateral side at the back of the forefoot area.
That’s how 1995/2001 pairs were for me on court. Recent pairs too…. Not deez new fufu joints tho 🤣

Hate to be the one to say it but I’m sure production on those space jam lows probably already started. Odds are there might be a similar issue. I just hope they get this fixed before my beloved Columbias drop.

Unfortunately its the same everywhere anymore. Reduce quality/cost of materials and raise the price. Big business mentality 101. Screw the consumer, cut cost. Increase profit margin. I live in it everyday from a manufacturer point of view and hate it. Nike too big to have to do this though on products that cost way too much compared to what it really takes to make it.

I do still think the more stiff leather upper on top of the very thin PL is the culprit behind these issues. The cool greys PL was just as thin and my 2 teenage sons put their pairs through the ringer with no visible creasing.

With that said you would think a company as big as Nike would do some wear testing to catch **** like this before their customers do smfh.

I do still think the more stiff leather upper on top of the very thin PL is the culprit behind these issues. The cool greys PL was just as thin and my 2 teenage sons put their pairs through the ringer with no visible creasing.

With that said you would think a company as big as Nike would do some wear testing to catch **** like this before their customers do smfh.
Well what about the leather upper in 72-10s did the pl crease easily on those?

Well what about the leather upper in 72-10s did the pl crease easily on those?
It was not the same pl as we all know on that pair. But Boo may have a point , I do not know particularly how the shoe is constructed. But I do know the original Columbia creased and cracked far worse than the others in comparison. And those were thick.

Look at your pairs of gratitudes and see how tight the PL is stretched around those leather eyelet straps you can’t even see the grain anymore. I noticed that on all my pairs those straps are way thicker than the traditional mesh ones and that first strap is almost right where your toes flex when walking.

More like this
IMG_3600.jpeg

I hope the dude has ankle insurance!

2 wears for me and 0 creasing. Maybe it’s just random shoes or how some people are wearing them. Also obviously if you lace up and tie any of your shoes they all will crease faster. Certain shoes I don’t tie 1s, 3s, 5s , 11s for sure, I lace up and let hang on the sides. Your toe box lasts much longer.

Back
Top Bottom