AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

There is though.
They are for sure not as nice as the last few holiday releases. But it’s still possible to both really like them, and not have them look awful. I have worn mine for 50,000 steps at this point, and they look fine.

(Just keeping the convo going, not debating you personally BTW.)

Switching - it is odd that other Jordan retros, 90’s, AF1 COTM, etc. are showing the best quality in the last 20 years. But 11’s are going in the opposite direction.

I didn’t miss anything.

Jordan/Nike QC been trash for over a decade. This ain’t breaking news. But there’s no concrete evidence that this year’s 11s are of inferior quality to the 11s of years past. It’s all speculation
Over a decade? This goes back 20 years now! Hadn’t been any commitment to true quality and consistency across shoes since about 2001.

They are for sure not as nice as the last few holiday releases. But it’s still possible to both really like them, and not have them look awful. I have worn mine for 50,000 steps at this point, and they look fine.

(Just keeping the convo going, not debating you personally BTW.)

Switching - it is odd that other Jordan retros, 90’s, AF1 COTM, etc. are showing the best quality in the last 20 years. But 11’s are going in the opposite direction.
Other than the patent there’s nothing on this release that is out of line with other retros. The leather is basically the same stuff found on the cherry 12’s. The shape and cut is great. They already got the shape right on this model years before others so no, I don’t see this going in the opposite direction.

What I saw in nighthawk’s video was a statement that the patent is genuine leather for the first time in years, with a patent coating. True to the OG. I just think they probably used a thin cheap cut and the synthetic stuff we’ve seen for years is thicker. I’m sure they’re also aware of it and probably won’t be present on the columbias.

Other than the two mentioned above, what other concrete evidence is there?
I will say that the first in hand pics from a NTer showed lateral to medial creasing that I called out immediately. So I think there is something to it with some pairs. I haven’t found it to be the case on mine however.

Yall in here acting like 2008-2015 didn’t happen. Saying the XI is going in the wrong direction when Nike was literally selling us fakes of their own products for a decade is wild. I have no complaints on the XI after being around for those dark times. All of my pairs have been just fine.

Had to go peep my exclusive access NDC pair.. LN4. I wouldn't have minded more yellow sole tbh. Also all my 11s get the inside toe crease. Just wear'm!
20240106_192326.jpg

People are nitpicking.
The material quality of these are great, they feel good and wear good . Now the production may have be bad. The patent leather is thin but much more flexible making it a more comfortable wear which I guess is the good and bad of it. But going on over a month now. These are a great shoe especially not having to pay resale.
If you get them for retail or less these are a no brainer.

Asked if they had any of these at the mall and the salesman nearly had a heart attack.

Must be jittery from people expecting to get these a month out.

Asked if they had any of these at the mall and the salesman nearly had a heart attack.

Must be jittery from people expecting to get these a month out.
Still available in Canada on Footlocker and Nike.ca (sizes 8-10.5)

Ok, let me start by saying I absolutely loved my dmp 11s. I mean just even looking at them brings so many memories.

These new joints, I feel nothing. The quality, the patent leather, even the smell is trash.

Some comparison pics..

OG DMP (patent crosscut)
CF9B6AC9-76C5-4EBD-A527-1E538F25F084.jpeg

Gratitudes (patent looks literally painted on)
A914EBD2-241C-4F78-9393-98D7D35A7D2D.jpeg

And most importantly, wth is up with this jump man…
72E46C3A-4DA0-453D-9C24-BBB457EFB159.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom