AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Yeah as far as comfort goes any retro outside of a 3 just isn’t comfortable if that’s what you’re looking for, and even those aren’t comfortable when you compare them to modern sneakers. I don’t work out in Jordan’s and I don’t even hoop in Jordans at this point. The XI that I’ve worn the most in my life was my 2001 playoffs and if I’m keeping it a buck those werent comfortable at all. I’ve worn the 2018 concords a couple of times and they felt better, wore the 2019 playoffs finally last month and they were killing my pinky toe something serious.

Another issue I think a lot of people on these boards have is a lot of cats genuinely don’t know their true shoe size lol. Every thread I see guys begging for sizing help. If your walking around in the wrong size of course the comfort is gonna suffer.

At 33 years old now, my foot literally grew a full size in the last couple of years. I sold off over 50 pairs in the last year due to that. So some of these new retros that's been sitting in the closet are barely coming out the box.

At 33 years old now, my foot literally grew a full size in the last couple of years. I sold off over 50 pairs in the last year due to that. So some of these new retros that's been sitting in the closet are barely coming out the box.
Yeah I’m 40 and I’m just now getting to the realization that my foot went up a half size the last few years and I have a whole collection of size 10’s that are snug asf. I don’t wear my sneakers very often at this point of my life. If someone was to see me in public 9/10 I have on a pair of Crocs 😂

Yeah as far as comfort goes any retro outside of a 3 just isn’t comfortable if that’s what you’re looking for, and even those aren’t comfortable when you compare them to modern sneakers. I don’t work out in Jordan’s and I don’t even hoop in Jordans at this point. The XI that I’ve worn the most in my life was my 2001 playoffs and if I’m keeping it a buck those werent comfortable at all. I’ve worn the 2018 concords a couple of times and they felt better, wore the 2019 playoffs finally last month and they were killing my pinky toe something serious.

Another issue I think a lot of people on these boards have is a lot of cats genuinely don’t know their true shoe size lol. Every thread I see guys begging for sizing help. If your walking around in the wrong size of course the comfort is gonna suffer.
they are meh in terms of comfort even if they were my size.

Jordan 7’s are the most comfortable retro on feet

The 8s are pretty damn comfortable. In fact, most of the retros are good to very good aside from 1s in my experience. I guess it depends on your personal standards and foot shape.

The 8s are pretty damn comfortable. In fact, most of the retros are good to very good aside from 1s in my experience. I guess it depends on your personal standards and foot shape.
Yeah everyone’s foot is different, 8’s are just so clunky and hot because there is little breathability. I will say I haven’t had the opportunity to wear a pair of recent 8’s.

Your second paragraph is the answer to your first paragraph.

If you’re flat footed 1-5 is pretty comfy, especially with a better insole. They all break in if you wear them more than once it turns out!

Your second paragraph is the answer to your first paragraph.
Is it? XI‘s are notorious for the pinky toe issue if that’s what you’re referring to and sizing up a half size doesn’t always help, you just have on a too big shoe that’s still uncomfortable.

never tried the 8s so I have no idea. but most of the retro Js I tried that some have testified to be good or very good are meh from my experience. on the otherhand, I'm now a 200+ lbs. dude, so that could have some impact on which shoes I need more like better cushioning. compared to cats whose average weight is 180 lbs. , I guess the retro would feel comfortable although I don't think that a hard liner under the insole should be considered good compared to better iterations that have a soft PU liner bedding apart from the airsole units quality and psi amount.

never tried the 8s so I have no idea. but most of the retro Js I tried that some have testified to be good or very good are meh from my experience. on the otherhand, I'm now a 200+ lbs. dude, so that could have some impact on which shoes I need more like better cushioning. compared to cats whose average weight is 180 lbs. , I guess the retro would feel comfortable although I don't think that a hard liner under the insole should be considered good compared to better iterations that have a soft PU liner bedding apart from the airsole units quality and psi amount.
As you said, everyone is different. I wear boots for work and wear a lot of dunks and Air Force 1s casually, so most Jordan Retro’s are pretty damn comfortable compared to those shoes. My Pegasus models that I use for jogging are superior, but for 20+ y/o shoes, Retro’s are solid. I have some friends that find casual modern boots more supportive and other friends that only wear Chucks, Vans, or boutique sneakers. It’s all about preferences so I can’t argue against someone’s choice.

Comfort is relative. I wear Hoka One One Bondi for casual comfort wear and for work. Nothing is close to that comfort to me so yeah most shoes aren’t comfortable to me so I usually go half size up and double insole. No XI post 06 is comfortable, get over it.

Yeah as far as comfort goes any retro outside of a 3 just isn’t comfortable if that’s what you’re looking for, and even those aren’t comfortable when you compare them to modern sneakers.
On average comfort and retros for models on hand just dont go together in contrast to most modern shoes.
Will say however the 2s are rather plush feeling and the Cool Greys are nice as well for as much as an XI can be. Havent thrown Gratitudes into rotation just yet but definitely not expecting comfort as much as style.

On average comfort and retros for models on hand just dont go together in contrast to most modern shoes.
Will say however the 2s are rather plush feeling and the Cool Greys are nice as well for as much as an XI can be. Havent thrown Gratitudes into rotation just yet but definitely not expecting comfort as much as style.
I found the comfort to be good on the Gratitudes, the sole is more softer than the past few Jordan 11 mids.

Tried these on yesterday with some waxed denim...

20240118_120318.jpg

Closest Ill get to wearing them for some years, concords still look new.

XI’s restocking and no one cares. What a time! Everyone eats! I Love it. Hope it stays like this through the Columbia release because I’m gonna stock up on those beauties :nthat:

I had to make a decision between these and the cherry 12 restock. I choose the Cherry 12 off of nostalgia alone. By the time I said F-it and tried for my size it was gone. not mad.

Back
Top Bottom