Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

Elephant was on the cobalts, so it's always belonged on the 11 also.

JB knew what their own sneaker looked like.

See my edit. And apparently they (JB) doesn’t know what their own shoes look like half the time and I think that’s proven time and time over but I digress and I’ll defer to let you tell me how I’m wrong.

Definitely a double up for sure…I barely do that anymore but who’s to say Nike will ever release these in the OG form again…It’s taken a quarter of a century to get this pair for **** sakes…

Two pairs.
79A95BBD-A8BA-44E3-90F8-EF9CDB85E6C5.jpeg
B0C82EB9-B50E-4C54-ACBF-18268EC6E84D.jpeg
12635135-C744-46CE-8A60-13814DFB72EE.jpeg
78FA0FCF-683C-43F6-9300-4D71FF6A4EA2.jpeg

Yeah, all I meant was they look a little more plain clear than I remember. Thought they came with a bit more gum-like tint. But hey, it’s been 25 years LOL

I'm almost certain that the original soles were a transparent gray/silver, not piss yellow.

ie.PNG

It's too bad they waited 25 years to re-release these, at the height of a Gen Z obsession with pre-aged materials.

I'm glad they finally removed the elephant print and black sole; but outside of that, these leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
I think the outsoles on the Black / Cement pair that released last year are a touch closer to the OG’s if I’m being honest…Still though the color on these isn’t far off from that…Slightly more yellow than grey is all…Certainly not enough for me to get upset about…

Theyre dope but do agree the soles could be be bit darker. Fortunately its a very easy fix with a little smoke sole dye if so desired.
That aside they are perfect as is imo and the lightness gives them their own look besides itll darken with time and wear anyhow. Sort of like the 2019 Breds, as close to OG as weve got with subtle difference to give them individual character.

I thought the 03 pair was based off the shoe used in the NBA on NBC commercial with lil penny where he put the shoe through a shop saw?

Yea i think I see what was off now. OGs almost look all leather while the retro has the softer durabuck looking material. The tongue and shade of red.

Were the OGs all leather?

Copped a pair of 2003’s a few years ago that I only wore once. Still going to cop this years release. in the mean time I think im going to start rocking the pair I currently have.

Back
Top Bottom