Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

From where?

zadeh …

4E982674-812A-45B0-90F2-1A9FB3738073.jpeg
EAFB2458-C40D-4E7F-8047-3D7FD4F92879.jpeg
AD54A9C0-6418-47C0-9097-EB32FBFEA839.jpeg

:pimp: literally !

Yea i think I see what was off now. OGs almost look all leather while the retro has the softer durabuck looking material. The tongue and shade of red.

Were the OGs all leather?
It was like an oiled type of nubuck as far as I remember…

vegetaray123 vegetaray123 is right. I also think it's weird lighting. The panels were definitely nubuck, and the rest of the shoe was a more supple leather (for lack of better term). This retro lookskme its gonna be REALLY close to 1:1 though.

Here are some photos of my '96 pair. Apart from the pre-yellowed sole of the new retro, the main differences appear to be in the materials and shape. The original had very thick, soft leather (and nubuck panels) which gave the contours and stitched areas depth/dimensionality and made the design details stand out.

In my opinion, the leather on the retro looks thin/cheap and shiny in comparison to the original. The shape around the toe box is off and the soles are pre-yellowed. Other than that, the retro looks decent. It's not a total miss like '03/'11, but they could have been executed better.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3366.JPG

Here are some photos of my '96 pair. Apart from the pre-yellowed sole of the new retro, the main differences appear to be in the materials and shape. The original had very thick, soft leather (and nubuck panels) which gave the contours and stitched areas depth/dimensionality and made the design details stand out.

In my opinion, the leather on the retro looks thin/cheap and shiny in comparison to the original. The shape around the toe box is off and the soles are pre-yellowed. Other than that, the retro looks decent. It's not a total miss like '03/'11, but they could have been executed better.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3366.JPG
You are right. You can tell the quality upgrade in the ‘96. Beautiful looking shoe right there. They could’ve done a way better job on the retro but it‘s decent.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3366.JPG

I don’t think it comes “pre yellowed” like you and some others are saying though. It’s just not clear. I seen video yesterday where doesn’t look yellow at all just opaque which of course will eventually turn yellow.
49DD965A-F8D1-40A8-9D95-D39888132077.jpeg

The retro is gonna be fine. Can we let the shoe come out first and actually release before we start making assumptions and bashing the quality etc.? Of course leather quality is not going to be as soft as the OG but other than that and outside of just itching for something to complain about what more could anyone want from these? The shape? Lol okay. They look absolutely fine here to me but I’ll let y’all pick em apart. Have at it. NT never disappoints lol.

Last edited:
Sheer physics will not allow JB to go back to the year 1996 to re-create these to bring them back to the year 2021 for you guys. In other words, no retro will ever be as good or a 1:1 to the OG. Always moving the goal post. They finally fixed the outsole and deleted the EP and now it’s something else lol. Never ends is all I’m saying.

Man, I know NT is heavily populated with Jordan fanatics and brand loyalists, but some of these dudes be acting like they're on the Nike payroll.

If you're offended by my saying these are "decent, but could have been better", don't go in the IG comments right now. They're giving 'em hell over there.

Man, I know NT is heavily populated with Jordan fanatics and brand loyalists, but some of these dudes be acting like they're on the Nike payroll.

If you're offended by my saying these are "decent, but could have been better", don't go in the IG comments right now. They're giving 'em hell over there.

Not on the payroll at all and I heavily criticize Nike and their products when it’s warranted and within reason. Hell I feel I’m damn near the reason why they fixed the AJ3 (jk but kinda serious). I complained hard about those for years on here and next thing you know they were fixed by the time the Unite 3s rolled out. Same with 11s. Here though I just don’t see much if anything to complain about all things considered.

It doesn’t have to be, they proved they can produce a retro that is 97-98% perfect with the recraft 90s. The point is they could do better but are CHOOSING not to, not that they are unable to.

Just how far “off” do you think these are though? Like serious question. How drastically different do you think these look compared to OGs just based on the pics we’ve seen? Please give specific examples that you can speak on without having the shoe in hand yet (for instance you can’t say shiny leather when we know lighting affects that sort of thing). To me I’d say it’s at least 95% accurate but you tell me. Even ‘20 infrareds are different compared to the OGs in a few respects. Mainly the grey upper is an entirely different material (felt) compared to the OGs which used suede. It’ll never be exact. But hey man it’s cool. Hate em love em Idc. I think they look great and can’t wait to copp multiples. I won’t let anyone, not even NT steal my joy for these lol. Been waiting on an accurate version of this shoe for far too long. I’ll let y’all get down into the weeds and critique/compare every detail stitch for stitch to the OG lol. The necessary adjustments were made IMO and as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

I’m not offended. Heading over to IG now.

If you complained heavily about the AJ3 for years and believe your complaints made a difference, then you should understand where an IE purist is coming from, even if you don't agree.

From the high-def photos we've seen, it's plain to me that they used the same plastic-looking, shiny leather as the "Space Jam" and last year's Black Cement IE. The shape and materials of those shoes are not on point with the OG. Plus, they changed the hue of the sole, which I pointed out with photos a few pages back.

Those are my gripes, and I've read others (tongue height, wrong red; etc.) That said, I still think these are a decent re-make and better than previous retro versions.

If you complained heavily about the AJ3 for years and believe your complaints made a difference, then you should understand where an IE purist is coming from, even if you don't agree.

From the high-def photos we've seen, it's plain to me that they used the same plastic-looking, shiny leather as the "Space Jam" and last year's Black Cement IE. The shape and materials of those shoes are not on point with the OG. Plus, they changed the hue of the sole, which I pointed out with photos a few pages back.

Those are my gripes, and I've read others (tongue height, wrong red; etc.) That said, I still think these are a decent re-make and better than previous retro versions.

Fair

I say I’m not gonna cop, but your enthusiasm may get me to break. :lol:
:lol:
I don't understand how you don't want a pair already. This shoe looks fantastic on foot, with shorts, with warmups, with anything. I remember picking them up and looking at them on release day in 96. Why I didn't actually buy them, I can't really explain. I think I just felt guilty being basically broke and in college, and my black/red mids were sitting brand new still in my closet from two months prior. I guess I didn't want to spend another $100-whatever dollars on another pair of shoes. But in retrospect, I'm shocked I had that level of self control LOL

Last edited:

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3366.JPG

The cracking on the toe of the left shoe is heartbreaking…Those look wearable still otherwise…

Back
Top Bottom