Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

The most popular jordan will most likely be the 1. With the amount of high OG, highs, lows, and mids released every year, those will outlive the others. Can’t be the Concord since that’s one colorway of a model. Chucks are cheap that’s why everyone has them. 1s(inclusive of all variations) have been pretty available since 2007 and are typically the cheapest Jordan retro in store. Jordan brand has kept the 1 as the flagship model for over a decade
Yeah, I should have already known the answer to that. 1s just never have hit with me like other models do.

The reason I ask this is, with a convo with my daughter, I asked her if she likes ALL her chucks. She said, Idk. I then said, why did you want all of them? The response was they were popular. To me, this is uncanny. Why would you ever want something you really dont like but get/want anyway? Just because everyone else has it? That to me is nuts. Even as a kid, I wanted because I wanted it. Not because someone else did. For her to casually say she wanted those pair of shoes because everyone else wants them was mind blowing for me personally.
I get hype, but at the end of the day, If I dont like them. I would never ask for them. Is that really how today is? Just wanting because everyone else does?
When I was in Middle and High School, I wore and got what "I" liked. Didnt give af what others thought about it. Im asking out loud as a father trying to understand this sh--. lol.
dont take offense with what im bout to say
try to get ur daughter to be a leader
not a follower

Most people are followers. It’s hard to break out of when it’s already apart of your psyche. It can be easier to break as you get older.

It’s okay as long as you aren’t following the wrong crowd, or if it’s inhibiting you from being your happiest self.

Whole lot of followers in the sneaker game too.

No it really isnt surprising that much when I really thought about it. My girl is a follower to an extent and it annoys me a little. My son is the opposite and beats to his own tune and dont care at all lol. In Middle school, everyone was into Cons and Barkelys. In high school everyone had Pennys and Foams. I never had that feeling of wanting something I just "kinda liked" just because everyone else had em. My quote last night was kind of a rant.

I totally get it. I never bought a shoe, even back then, that I didn't want--in the sense that, I never bought or wanted a shoe that I knew I didn't really like but decided I did because other people said it was cool. But a lot of people, not just kids, end up buying clothes and brands just because they are considered "cool" within their daily community. Within those brands, I would expect most people buy items that they do like, but truth be told most people probably don't feel that strongly about their items one way or another. I'm sort of playing pretend psychologist here because I don't know the real workings of anyone's mind but it makes sense to me LOL

Nah, most popular Jordan model is the 11, by far. I love 1s and all but to the general public, the 1 is no different that a Dunk or 1 Mid that you can walk into a store and pick up off the shelf and buy. If they made over a million Bred 1s and drop them the same say as these Concords, which do you think will sell out first?

Most people are followers. It’s hard to break out of when it’s already apart of your psyche. It can be easier to break as you get older.

It’s okay as long as you aren’t following the wrong crowd, or if it’s inhibiting you from being your happiest self.

Whole lot of followers in the sneaker game too.

Was at a birthday party Saturday. Wore a soft cotton long-sleeved Banana Republic t shirt, gray cargo shorts and my emerald 11 lows. One of my former co-workers says to me, "Cargo shorts and shiny Jordans--talk about totally not giving a ****." I just stared at him like, what? Now, while I TOTALLY do not give an eff at this point in my life about other people's opinions on what I choose to wear on a Saturday, I was completely perplexed by this comment. Just as pure natural reaction I said something like, WTF are you even talking about? He replied, no one pulls off cargo shorts. I just rolled my eyes and grabbed another beer LOL. But then I was thinking later as I drove home, I know I'm old now, and I'm certainly not following what is supposedly in or out of fashion, but am I crazy? And then I went right back to, do I even care? Nope, I do not. I like my cargo shorts because I'm always carrying around a bunch of crap and need the pockets. So I'll continue to be my happiest self and not give an eff. But it's not hard to remember what it's like to be a kid and having some tools mocking you for being uncool or out of style :rofl:

Was at a birthday party Saturday. Wore a soft cotton long-sleeved Banana Republic t shirt, gray cargo shorts and my emerald 11 lows. One of my former co-workers says to me, "Cargo shorts and shiny Jordans--talk about totally not giving a ****." I just stared at him like, what? Now, while I TOTALLY do not give an eff at this point in my life about other people's opinions on what I choose to wear on a Saturday, I was completely perplexed by this comment. Just as pure natural reaction I said something like, WTF are you even talking about? He replied, no one pulls off cargo shorts. I just rolled my eyes and grabbed another beer LOL. But then I was thinking later as I drove home, I know I'm old now, and I'm certainly not following what is supposedly in or out of fashion, but am I crazy? And then I went right back to, do I even care? Nope, I do not. I like my cargo shorts because I'm always carrying around a bunch of crap and need the pockets. So I'll continue to be my happiest self and not give an eff. But it's not hard to remember what it's like to be a kid and having some tools mocking you for being uncool or out of style :rofl:
Lol, I got cargo shorts on now. Grown men calling fits out are amazing. I get it at work too. They say Im stuck in the 90s. I just laugh at them.

Again, most people echo ideas and rules created by someone they’ve never even met. I would have just roasted him :rofl:

Again, most people echo ideas and rules created by someone they’ve never even met. I would have just roasted him :rofl:

Jazz 2.gif

Lol, I got cargo shorts on now. Grown men calling fits out are amazing. I get it at work too. They say Im stuck in the 90s. I just laugh at them.

The cargo shorts hating is some online phenomenon started by millenials. I never seen anyone get clowned iro for rocking cargos, especially if you got fresh J’s and a nice fit

The cargo shorts hating is some online phenomenon started by millenials. I never seen anyone get clowned iro for rocking cargos, especially if you got fresh J’s and a nice fit

Ha. Funny thing is, the dude who said it is closer to 40 than 30, too. Honestly I think part of it was, he's not used to seeing me on the weekend in shorts and Jordans LOL. Just was funny/weird to me, I haven't heard someone say **** to me about anything I was wearing in at least 20 years.
Now this all got me curious so I googled the cargo shorts thing. Wow, there's even a Business Insider story about why they are so bad. This all seems over the top to me. I'm not wearing chino shorts if I'm wearing Jordans, to me THAT would look ridiculous. But I also don't like wearing gym shorts out all the time, either, as that swings too far to the other side of casual.

This is a funny if brief turn in this here thread :rofl:

Nah, most popular Jordan model is the 11, by far. I love 1s and all but to the general public, the 1 is no different that a Dunk or 1 Mid that you can walk into a store and pick up off the shelf and buy. If they made over a million Bred 1s and drop them the same say as these Concords, which do you think will sell out first?
without a doubt especially concords, you got old heads and kids coming out who don't even own Jordans or shoes in general flocking to cop em

without a doubt especially concords, you got old heads and kids coming out who don't even own Jordans or shoes in general flocking to cop em
I think this also. But it still amazes me how much the 1 is still/so relevant. It seems they can put any color into a 1 and people go nuts for it.

But some of these old heads that come out to cop thinking they about to make a quick flip. I try to tell them u only going to make your money back and what an extra $20 maybe I just laugh

I think this also. But it still amazes me how much the 1 is still/so relevant. It seems they can put any color into a 1 and people go nuts for it.
1's only got hot recently tho. they weren't even selling like that for OG, its annoying actually how people are all over em no matter the color

Back
Top Bottom