Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I’m getting my pair today and they are going on straight to feet.

Does anyone have any cleaning tips for the soles? I know that water helps them yellow faster, so I’m just thinking if there’s any other way to slow down the process while wearing them.

My first pair of 11s and grails are the playoff joints. Those didn't come with a fancy box in 2012 so all the boxes after felt like a treat not a must. At least for me anyways.

Yeah I mean back then we were arguing that there should have been a price drop.

I’d actually go as far to say the AJ11 box is the best packaging JB and Nike in general have ever released on a mass produced product.

51054341-79F3-4B35-94A1-E09C1C6AB921.jpeg

Since we’re talking about boxes, dude on my IG said he’s not copping the new the Concords because it’s not the slide out box.

A045D37E-B88D-43B1-9294-F93C28883E82.gif

It’s the new/younger generation mostly

I mean thats what they grew up with, you gotta remember this was 7 years ago, so that’s what they fell in love with, I don’t fully fault them

i liked them both, since when i was into shoes, it was the og boxes, but when i was able to afford to buy my own, it's the pull out boxes, so i wish they had both and we get to choose, but that'd be too much trouble for nike.

OG or not, the newer AJ 11 box is objectively made out of nicer materials-hard to argue that.

Is it a make/break reason for people not to buy the shoes?

Absolutely not.

Is it a reason for us to be salty that they cut costs and gave us the cheaper OG box without a price cut?

Absolutely.

When the boxes were first along with the XI in 09, we all had to accept them. Maybe its time the younger heads to accept the original box this time around. Never heard the older guys say they werent buying the 2011 because of the slide out.

When the boxes were first along with the XI in 09, we all had to accept them. Maybe its time the younger heads to accept the original box this time around. Never heard the older guys say they werent buying the 2011 because of the slide out.

The slide out was an improvement, in terms of materials, as it’s more expensive to produce though.

I think the 2016 Jams had the best box. The drawer style box was cool to me back in 2009, but now, I prefer the box to have a lid.

Agreed, the WB/LT artwork on the sleeve that still left the slide out box intact was awesome. I also thought the galaxy print on the inside of the box was cool. You could tell a lot of thought was put into that design.

I don’t give a **** about the box. Give them to me in brown paper bag I don’t care.

That being said I’ll take the og box 100 times out of 100.

Also who ACTUALLY cares that jb is cutting costs as long as you are receiving a quality product???

What is wrong with some of you?

You want a check from jb that you didn’t earn?

It may have been. But what if someone told you the super low pl cut was an improvement?

Apples and oranges-we are simply discussing the packaging here. Nobody is arguing that 99% of OGs don’t have better materials and craftsmanship than subsequent retro releases.

2016 '95 PE's were my first 11's and first time having a slide out box so it'll always be special to me. That being said, I still prefer the OG box every time. Really hoping we see this box for the rest of the 11s (besides playoffs I think?) and especially on the last two OG colorways for the 8s. 2015 Aquas were a perfect release and an OG box would've made them an 11/10 imo.

I have zero hate toward the slide out at all. I am always going to like the simpler OG packaging more.

Yeah the slide out design actually had utilitarian use. You could immediately look at a stack of 11s and tell the cws without reading the individual tabs. This doesn’t make the shoes themselves less lucrative but we should have gotten a price cut since before we were paying for the more expensive box (although realistically this was never going to happen). JB probably planned this and knew they could save money on the AJ11 packaging going forward by selling Concords with the cheaper box.

2016 '95 PE's were my first 11's and first time having a slide out box so it'll always be special to me. That being said, I still prefer the OG box every time. Really hoping we see this box for the rest of the 11s (besides playoffs I think?) and especially on the last two OG colorways for the 8s. 2015 Aquas were a perfect release and an OG box would've made them an 11/10 imo.

My issue is that Nike/JB saves money by giving us an OG box but we never see a price-cut. They knew they could push this manufacturing cost savings with the Concords.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they bring back the slide out box (or something like it) with a price increase in the future.

My issue is that Nike/JB saves money by giving us an OG box but we never see a price-cut. They knew they could push this manufacturing cost savings with the Concords.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they bring back the slide out box (or something like it) with a price increase in the future.

What you have to realize is that we may not see the shoes cheaper due to a cheaper box but we also didnt see an increase like cap and gowns. for years people complained that shoes were not close to og now that they are almost dead on og including the box for the same 220 price tag people complain, really people were getting shoes that are more close to og than ever including the box. be happy before nike switches it up again with something non og that more will complain about!

What you have to realize is that we may not see the shoes cheaper due to a cheaper box but we also didnt see an increase like cap and gowns. for years people complained that shoes were not close to og now that they are almost dead on og including the box for the same 220 price tag people complain, really people were getting shoes that are more close to og than ever including the box. be happy before nike switches it up again with something non og that more will complain about!

Bro, you and I both know 2016 Space Jams had shoe quality and great packaging-NOBODY was complaining that they weren’t in an OG 11 box with the amount of thought JB put into that release. Yet Concords are priced the same with cheaper packaging.

Bro, you and I both know 2016 Space Jams had shoe quality and great packaging-NOBODY was complaining that they weren’t in an OG 11 box with the amount of thought JB put into that release. Yet Concords are priced the same with cheaper packaging.
What do you think the price of this release should be?

I'm not risking StockX or any other meet-up for these knowing how good all the fakes are now. My preference is to win a raffle pair so I can pick them up in-store, but I will try with SNKRS app too. Why would anyone pay over retail or rush to buy on Goat or StockX to get maybe a 2 or 3 week jump right now? You can always hit up the riskier routes after trying to cop on release day if you don't get a pair. I think there's like a 90% chance you will get a pair if you really try on release day with all the apps and SNKRS. If not, I would pay $250-$260 resell, but if they go up to $300 (unlikely), I'll pass.

Thanks to y’all and edumacating me on the space jams, I copped a pair from a good friend who had doubled up for $270.

On another note, can anyone direct me to a link that shows some of the stuff Nike will be releasing with concords? I.e. T shirts, bags, sweats, etc.

What do you think the price of this release should be?

I think a $10-$20 price cut for the cheaper box would be fair but Nike/JB would never do this. I’ve seen boxes go for as much as $30 on eBay for the 72-10 (presumably bought up by 2012 Bred owners).

OG or not, the newer AJ 11 box is objectively made out of nicer materials-hard to argue that.

Is it a make/break reason for people not to buy the shoes?

Absolutely not.

Is it a reason for us to be salty that they cut costs and gave us the cheaper OG box without a price cut?

Absolutely.
They didn’t cut costs, people aren’t looking at this the right way, they gave us a superior product. Better leather, more Patent leather, a thicker cut of patent leather. Fixed the entire shape of the upper etc. They spent more cash producing the actual shoe than they did making an inferior product in 2011. Would you guys rather have an inferior product but a more expensive box? Cmon people, I know some of y’all are really young but let’s be smarter and realize how business actually works. It was absolutely a fair trade off to get the most accurate XI that we’ve seen since 2001.

Back
Top Bottom